Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: New Dior Fahrenheit EDT Formulation for 2019 # 12948/A

Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    Any idea if the batch 9C02 is already the newer formulation? Sadly, it appears I've lost the box.

Right now, I'm comparing the 9C02 side by side with a deep vintage mini I have. There are differences but honestly couldn't tell, which one I prefer.

The vintage one is darker and denser in what I can only describe as a dark berry or vaguely raisin-like accord, maybe more patchouli? The new one is lighter (in character, not in projection), airier/porous and a bit more woody. What I register as the famous "petrol" vibe (though it's not that really) is more prominent in the newer one, maybe because it comes across a bit brighter. I can't say which one has more leather, neither is particularly leather-heavy on me.

The overall feeling I get is vintage = more somber-classy, 9C02 = more energetic-outgoing. Personally, I don't feel the need to seek out a vintage full bottle. Yes, maybe Fahrenheit has been "modernized" a bit, but not in a bad way to me.
    9C02 is the new formulation: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/46...=1#post4723278

Thanks for your thoughts on vintage vs current.
    I guess that the petrol note fades away a little bit with time as the flowery (violet) notes are more volatile than the heavier basenotes. So that makes sense that your new one has a more prominent petrol like smell.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Ah, thanks FragFrog, there it is ("9C01 is the new one"). I've actually read through this thread once before but probably got confused somehow.

I guess that the petrol note fades away a little bit with time as the flowery (violet) notes are more volatile than the heavier basenotes. So that makes sense that your new one has a more prominent petrol like smell.
    Yes, that's it! Makes perfect sense and the difference in the violet note becomes even clearer now as time passes - it's still clearly present on the arm with the newer juice.

I must say I was surprised to get that vague dark berry-like accord in the vintage. I'm not experienced enough to tell if my nose was reading the patchouli as such or what it is. To be clear, it wasn't a disagreeable accord by any means, just not what I expected to encounter.
    Spray less, love more.

I wanted to add this here (so someone could find it in future when searching about information of current Fahrenheit):

There's someone complaining about his current Fahrenheit bottle:
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...-to-Fahrenheit

My thoughts on this:

Of course, one or the other of Fahrenheit EdT has changed over the years through several reformulations.
    The late 2018 and 2019 bottles are really good in my opinion and have no problem at all when it comes to projection and longevity.

You shouldn't compare them to some old half-full bottles from the 90s (or even any decants in those crappy non-air-sealed plastic atomizers), where the more volatile top notes have already evaporated and also some alcohol, which leads to an increased concentration of the fragrance oil itself.

I am convinced that if someone let sit a half-full 2019 bottle in the closet for 10 years and then smelled it again, that it would appear much stronger.
    My 2019 bottle which isn't empty yet also performs really good now and certainly better than when I opened it over a year ago.

However if a new bought 2020 bottles is really lame and doesn't last more than say 5 hours, there's obviously something wrong or Dior/LVMH just had watered down that batch. They do it all the time, I also noticed it with some Givenchy fragrances (also LVMH) who had a joke like longevity and very weak projection.

Basenotes Plus

I wanted to add this here (so someone could find it in future when searching about information of current Fahrenheit):

There's someone complaining about his current Fahrenheit bottle:
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...-to-Fahrenheit

My thoughts on this:

Of course, one or the other of Fahrenheit EdT has changed over the years through several reformulations.
    The late 2018 and 2019 bottles are really good in my opinion and have no problem at all when it comes to projection and longevity.

You shouldn't compare them to some old half-full bottles from the 90s (or even any decants in those crappy non-air-sealed plastic atomizers), where the more volatile top notes have already evaporated and also some alcohol, which leads to an increased concentration of the fragrance oil itself.

I am convinced that if someone let sit a half-full 2019 bottle in the closet for 10 years and then smelled it again, that it would appear much stronger.
    My 2019 bottle which isn't empty yet also performs really good now and certainly better than when I opened it over a year ago.

However if a new bought 2020 bottles is really lame and doesn't last more than say 5 hours, there's obviously something wrong or Dior/LVMH just had watered down that batch. They do it all the time, I also noticed it with some Givenchy fragrances (also LVMH) who had a joke like longevity and very weak projection.
    My thoughts are , he did get something else.
    From the thread.
    copied&pasted
    " it's a different fragrance all together " .
    As far as MaxAroma , never had any problems , even with his decants.
    MaxAroma uses glass with decent sprayers.
    My 2018/2019's Fahrenheit's are very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    My thoughts are , he did get something else.
    From the thread.
    copied&pasted
    " it's a different fragrance all together " .
    As far as MaxAroma , never had any problems , even with his decants.
    MaxAroma uses glass with decent sprayers.
    My 2018/2019's Fahrenheit's are very very good.
    Well, I would have noticed that if I had got a completely different scent.
    But who knows what they had decanted...

Basenotes Plus

Well, I would have noticed that if I had got a completely different scent.
    But who knows what they had decanted...
    That's very true.

Checking in after a while. I've just purchased my fourth bottle of Fahrenheit (third bottle of a modern formulation), a 100mL of 9J02 batch. So far it's good to go. Heavy on the chamomile and oily petroleum solvents. Good to see that Fahrenheit still rocks.

Just popping in to say thanks to FragFrog for the information in this thread.

Also thanks to Danny Mitchell and ChuckW for information in other threads regarding purchasing fragrances at CVS.

I recently purchased a 50ml bottle of Fahrenheit from CVS for $36. I can’t speak to prior batches (other than briefly smelling them in-store), but I’m very happy with my March 2020 bottle (code 0302). Take from this what you will, but it’s tamer/less challenging than I remember/expected (again, my only experience is sniffing it briefly on paper several years ago and I’m certain my tastes have changed since then). Maybe that speaks to the comments above regarding 2020 batches, but I have no complaints. Maybe this is just a case of “you don’t miss what you never had”, but to anyone not familiar with vintage stuff, I don’t think you need have any qualms about buying the new stuff.

I’m wearing it in the office now, and it’s been steadily chugging along for at least 4 hours. I spray on clothes and prefer a bit of subtlety, for what it’s worth. My bottle’s not a screamer, but I don’t have to try and smell it. Great stuff. My only regret is that I didn’t add this to my collection sooner.

Thanks for the kind words!

Enjoy your Fahrenheit!
    Some Diors even get a little bit stronger when you give them some time.
    But if you already like it, it can only get better!

I'm buying my first ever bottle on Monday..
    Can't wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    I'm buying my first ever bottle on Monday..
    Can't wait..
    Haha, that sounds a bit like losing your virginity.

Take your time and create a pleasant atmosphere when you get your first sprays!

Haha, that sounds a bit like losing your virginity.

Take your time and create a pleasant atmosphere when you get your first sprays!
    LOL !!!!
    Currently wearing: Myths Man by Amouage

Checking in again, FragFrog I'm curious if you're familiar with this 9J02 batch. To me this is the best it's smelled in a very long time. It's on par with the vintage planet box juice. It's strong, lasts over 12 hours, and gets attention and compliments (something which other batches from the 2010 decade never did). Not only that but they really nailed the interface between the mace, violet leafe, and chamomile/honeysuckle accords just like in the vintage. I can only hope bottles newer than this one follow the same trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Checking in again, FragFrog I'm curious if you're familiar with this 9J02 batch. To me this is the best it's smelled in a very long time. It's on par with the vintage planet box juice. It's strong, lasts over 12 hours, and gets attention and compliments (something which other batches from the 2010 decade never did). Not only that but they really nailed the interface between the mace, violet leafe, and chamomile/honeysuckle accords just like in the vintage. I can only hope bottles newer than this one follow the same trend.
    I still haven't finished my 9F03, which is just 3 months younger than yours - and that one is great.
    I've bought some backup bottles of other 2019 batches but haven't opened them yet.

Honestly I've no idea if 2020 or even 2021 batches are still that good.
    Dior changed a lot of their designer line in 2020 even without "official" reformulations.

If you have the chance I would buy 2019 bottles, they should be still around.

Guys on the recommendation here about 2 years back in 2019 I purchased the 8L05 How is that supposed to be ? compared to the batches that are being discussed here right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    Guys on the recommendation here about 2 years back in 2019 I purchased the 8L05 How is that supposed to be ? compared to the batches that are being discussed here right now ?
    8L05 is the previous formulation.
    It's more leathery and less floral.
    Great stuff, I've got the 8L03.

8L05 is the previous formulation.
    It's more leathery and less floral.
    Great stuff, I've got the 8L03.
    No infact I think and I find 8L05 also a lot more floral !!

No infact I think and I find 8L05 also a lot more floral !!
    More floral than what?

More floral than what?
    In general the 8L05 batch that I have Dior Fahrenheit smells lot floral. I mean there is a lot of Floral Element to it. People say leathery there are no traces to that it is pure floral and musky scent for me !

In general the 8L05 batch that I have Dior Fahrenheit smells lot floral. I mean there is a lot of Floral Element to it. People say leathery there are no traces to that it is pure floral and musky scent for me !
    I compared several 2018 (and a January 2019) batches, which were the previous formulation to 2019 new formulation ones - and the newer ones are more zesty and floral - and less leathery. At least to my nose.
    Of course you'll get the violet notes with a 2018 batch, too. And it may appear more floral than your average > 10 yo vintage bottle because those more volatile fruity and floral notes have faded away a bit.

I compared several 2018 (and a January 2019) batches, which were the previous formulation to 2019 new formulation ones - and the newer ones are more zesty and floral - and less leathery. At least to my nose.
    Of course you'll get the violet notes with a 2018 batch, too. And it may appear more floral than your average > 10 yo vintage bottle because those more volatile fruity and floral notes have faded away a bit.
    So are you suggesting that indeed the 2018 batches were more floral than the current one’s ?

So are you suggesting that indeed the 2018 batches were more floral than the current one’s ?
    No.
    Please read this thread, I've compared a 2018 batch to a 2019 one - the latter is more floral.

Don't know how 2021 batches are.

Both, 2018 and 2019 ones are very good.
    Late 2018 ones are more leathery, 2019 with the new formulation more flowery.

I'm wearing batch code 0J02 (Sept. 2020) that I just received today. It's got the same 12948-A formula code and I think it smells great. It smells closer to the vintage versions I've tried before that have the prominent petrol note. Put it on this morning and it lasted until I showered about an hour ago. Probably would have lasted another couple of hours if I hadn't washed it off, so I would expect 8 hours before skin scent, 2 hours good projection, and noticeable to the wearer throughout. Everyone's mileage will vary though. Very happy with this version.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    I'm wearing batch code 0J02 (Sept. 2020) that I just received today. It's got the same 12948-A formula code and I think it smells great. It smells closer to the vintage versions I've tried before that have the prominent petrol note. Put it on this morning and it lasted until I showered about an hour ago. Probably would have lasted another couple of hours if I hadn't washed it off, so I would expect 8 hours before skin scent, 2 hours good projection, and noticeable to the wearer throughout. Everyone's mileage will vary though. Very happy with this version.
    Good to hear .

Excellent to hear, Dior seems to be keeping the fragrances intact now they need to work on not discontinuing them!
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Excellent to hear, Dior seems to be keeping the fragrances intact now they need to work on not discontinuing them!
    Exactly! Honestly was hoping to get a 2018/2019 batch based on all the great feedback on them in this thread, but very pleased that 2020 appears to be very good too. Honestly, I prefer this version to the formula that they had out in the 2010's, prior to 2018.

Exactly! Honestly was hoping to get a 2018/2019 batch based on all the great feedback on them in this thread, but very pleased that 2020 appears to be very good too. Honestly, I prefer this version to the formula that they had out in the 2010's, prior to 2018.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with a 2020 batch!
    That sounds good!

Guys, mine is 5U02 from July 2015. Is mine good to go or am I doomed and might as well lay down and rot?

Quote Originally Posted by edgeowns View Post
    Guys, mine is 5U02 from July 2015. Is mine good to go or am I doomed and might as well lay down and rot?
    Can't speak for your particular batch, but I personally haven't enjoyed 2015 and 2016 batches that much. There was a time when quite a few guys said, they get vanilla too, which is untypical for Fahrenheit EdT (the Le Parfum which was released around that time has loads of vanilla in the base).

But if you like it, it doesn't matter what other guys on BN say.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgeowns View Post
    You're kidding, right?

Have you smelled it?
    Does it smell good to you?

If it smells good, it is good.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Tabac Rouge
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man