Code of Conduct

Default Stumbled across Ted Lapidus Pour Homme 1987 and was transported back to 1987

A little side street, here in Nicaragua. A display cabinet showing what the owner thinks are female fragrances, but which includes among its bottles Cartier Declaration POur Homme and also Lapidus POur Homme. The girl took the bottle from the dog eared box, which looked old, and said I couldn't spray it, so I sprayed it on my wrist. I was transported back instantly to any one of many seedy 1980.s nighclubs. I can't think of a scent which so reminded me of this period. It has stayed with me all day and now, 8 hours later, has dried down to a dusky , honeyed , musky scent which doesn't have as much patchouli character as I,d expected it to. I am still firmly in the 80's with this . Masha said " It smells more feminine than your usual one" ..(Brut(.....which made me laugh, as there can't be many more masculine scents than Ted's Lapidus. At least, back then it was...I agree with the Kouros comparison in the early stages..It's only $10 so I will probably buy it...blast from the past...feeling quite nostalgic now...the power of smell...indeed.

Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Stumbled across Ted Lapidus Pour Homme 1987 and was transported back to 1987

It's a good one for sure.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Stumbled across Ted Lapidus Pour Homme 1987 and was transported back to 1987

Great description, definitely a description and review easily worth this good fragrance - agreeing that such an affordable fragrance can render the 80s better than much more expensive attempts to manage this

Thank you, I like it too, but not every day. The sweetness as it fades can be a bit heavy and cloying the next day. But still, I'm happy to have this in my tiny collection. :-)

( and looking forward to getting Eau Sauvage and Azzaro next week).

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Lapidus Pour Homme is a lovely monster.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Lapidus pH ('87)
    Ted Lapidus pH ('78)
    This confused me early on.

Wore Lapidus pH yesterday after over a years rest. Probably one of the best deals out there yet shameful if oversprayed, no? Would make a great fathers day gift... hear that moms with young kids?

As for Ted Lapidus pH ('78)... seems a certain secondary market has one up for a pretty good opening price on auction. I once had a mini with a little leather satchel. It didn't click so it was gifted away. Others dig it bigly though.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Lapidus isn't something I'd wear, but it's definitely a nice scent and I totally get that "transported back to 1987" vibe. For me, it reminds me of a store my parents used to shop at that sold stuff from around the world. The bottle design is art deco perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    ( and looking forward to getting Eau Sauvage and Azzaro next week).
    I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Azzaro PH.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Lapidus pH ('87)
    As for Ted Lapidus pH ('78)... seems a certain secondary market has one up for a pretty good opening price on auction. I once had a mini with a little leather satchel. It didn't click so it was gifted away. Others dig it bigly though.
    I had the opportunity to get this one a few years back in a mall perfume shop and now I regret it. I don't remember thinking it was for me, but my tastes continue to change so who knows.

Powerhouse masterpiece to me, especially in older formulation.
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme