Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day!

Default Re: Game Day!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I wore Fan Your Flames and the Steelers won, so... maybe I'll wear it next Sunday, too, lol.
    Aghrrgh, what? But you're from Ohio?!!?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I wore Fan Your Flames and the Steelers won, so... maybe I'll wear it next Sunday, too, lol.

Ahhhh, my brother in black and gold! I have company!
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Aghrrgh, what? But you're from Ohio?!!?
    Ha, no Danny, we had this conversation before, lol. I'm from New York - but not the city and don't care for any NYC teams, really. Like the Bills, though from the Jim Kelly era (went to college in Buffalo at the end of their Super Bowl runs.) I've only lived in Ohio for a little over two years - too close to Cincy, but wear black and gold proudly.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Ahhhh, my brother in black and gold! I have company!

You bet! Good win last night - means I get to taunt all my G-men friends (which there are many, being from NY!)
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Where's the allegiance in this world!? For shame.

I will say I like the Bengals rookie QB.

I will say I like the Bengals rookie QB.
    Not a Bengals fan but he's a talented QB. Hope he does well.

My husband takes a beer, equips himself comfortably and looks. He must not be touched at these moments and he is not interested in perfumery.

My Celtics blew it tonight. Just Game 1, but losses suck.

Some college football and the REDS on national television! I'm watching and wearing Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Colts vs. Vikings is the game I'll be watching. Go Horseshoe, wearing Dior Homme 2020.

Dependent

My Celtics blew it tonight. Just Game 1, but losses suck.
    Wait, what? You're a Celtics fan?? Huh? But you're also a Steelers fan, and you're from Georgia??
    Currently wearing: Blackmail by Kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Wait, what? You're a Celtics fan?? Huh? But you're also a Steelers fan, and you're from Georgia??
    Church's originally from Maryland? I could be wrong. I forget now. I'm not sure how that works, either, lol.

Let me break it down. Born and raised in WV, no pro sports teams in the state. So you have to pick from the surrounding states. My area was Cincinnati Reds country (Big Red Machine country). That took care of baseball.

In football, Steelers were dominant then, so for a little boy that was an easy pick.

Celtics fandom came from the jerks in my senior class being Lakers fans, plus I loved Larry Bird. I never did like Jabbar from a very young age, so hating the Lakers came easy, even though Lakers legend Jerry West was born and raised not too far from my hometown. I do like him.

So Steelers, Celtics, Reds, Penguins and Dodgers (another long story) are my teams. I love Sidney Crosby but I can’t stand Lemieux....see, I’m easy to figure out!

Ah, West Virginia! My bad. Yup. Penn to the north, OH to the left....makes total sense. The REDS still get a decent fan base from WV, though it's probably not as big as it use to be.

Ah, West Virginia! My bad. Yup. Penn to the north, OH to the left....makes total sense. The REDS still get a decent fan base from WV, though it's probably not as big as it use to be.
    The Braves infiltrated WV via TBS Cable and stole away a few Reds fans. Plus Reds management is inept 90% of the time.

Both excellent points.

This Pat's vs. Seahawks game is looking good. Wearing GGA for tonight's game.

Good day. REDS and Colts win, the Chiefs vs. Chargers game was a fun watch.

Dependent

Still wearing BdP, cause the stuff doesn't quit and I didn't feel like showering away the gloriousness of its drydown.

Lets go PATS!!!! Superbowl preview game??

Chuck, its a fun time to be a Celts fan. Gordon Hayward adds a whole nother dimension to the C's starting 5 - their rhythm as a team is greatly improved with him on the floor, and the unsung things he does - pass and defend - allows Tatum and Brown (and Kemba) to do their thing offensively. Marcus Smart is in the same category - he hustles, defends well, and plays very well in the clutch, allowing those around him to play to their best ability. Next year, Tatum and Brown will continue to develop (and those guys are GOOD already) and hopefully we'll make a move for a legit big man. C's aren't going anywhere. REALLY hoping for a Boston-LA finals! We beat the Lakers once (although Anthony Davis was just coming off an injury) and lost once by a bucket in OT. That would be such a fun series to watch, the C's "small" lineup vs the imposing "big 3" of LA.

Still wearing BdP, cause the stuff doesn't quit and I didn't feel like showering away the gloriousness of its drydown.
    Are you using an older bottle?

Lets go PATS!!!! Superbowl preview game??
    20200920_220326.jpg

Chuck, its a fun time to be a Celts fan. Gordon Hayward adds a whole nother dimension to the C's starting 5 - their rhythm as a team is greatly improved with him on the floor, and the unsung things he does - pass and defend - allows Tatum and Brown (and Kemba) to do their thing offensively. Marcus Smart is in the same category - he hustles, defends well, and plays very well in the clutch, allowing those around him to play to their best ability. Next year, Tatum and Brown will continue to develop (and those guys are GOOD already) and hopefully we'll make a move for a legit big man. C's aren't going anywhere. REALLY hoping for a Boston-LA finals! We beat the Lakers once (although Anthony Davis was just coming off an injury) and lost once by a bucket in OT. That would be such a fun series to watch, the C's "small" lineup vs the imposing "big 3" of LA.
    100% agree. I like to wear a different Celtics t-shirt when watching the games on TV, and I text back and forth with other Celts fans (Including my son in Chicago) during the games. Makes me a nervous wreck though! I have a big championship banner hanging upstairs.

Let me break it down. Born and raised in WV, no pro sports teams in the state. So you have to pick from the surrounding states. My area was Cincinnati Reds country (Big Red Machine country). That took care of baseball.

In football, Steelers were dominant then, so for a little boy that was an easy pick.

Celtics fandom came from the jerks in my senior class being Lakers fans, plus I loved Larry Bird. I never did like Jabbar from a very young age, so hating the Lakers came easy, even though Lakers legend Jerry West was born and raised not too far from my hometown. I do like him.

So Steelers, Celtics, Reds, Penguins and Dodgers (another long story) are my teams. I love Sidney Crosby but I can’t stand Lemieux....see, I’m easy to figure out!
    Yep, I think you have 5 years on me, Chuck. I jumped on the Steelers bandwagon in the late 70's... '77 or '78, when I was in kindergarten or 1st grade. I got one of those Steeler jackets with the faux yellow leather sleeves. My twin brother was, and still is, smaller than I and wore a NY Giants. My older brother had a Cowboys jacket which I think I got handed-down to me. I honestly don't remember wearing it, lol.

The Pirates ended up winning the World Series in '79 and it was easy to root for them considering same city/same colors. In '83, my hometown had a minor league baseball franchise for the Pirates so that was killer. Got to see the likes of Moises Alou and Jay Buhner pass through there and, on some nights, we probably drew more fans than the Pittsburgh Pirates. Hockey came last, but again, it was an easy choice with Lemieux and the same colors once again.

Yep, I think you have 5 years on me, Chuck. I jumped on the Steelers bandwagon in the late 70's... '77 or '78, when I was in kindergarten or 1st grade. I got one of those Steeler jackets with the faux yellow leather sleeves. My twin brother was, and still is, smaller than I and wore a NY Giants. My older brother had a Cowboys jacket which I think I got handed-down to me. I honestly don't remember wearing it, lol.

The Pirates ended up winning the World Series in '79 and it was easy to root for them considering same city/same colors. In '83, my hometown had a minor league baseball franchise for the Pirates so that was killer. Got to see the likes of Moises Alou and Jay Buhner pass through there and, on some nights, we probably drew more fans than the Pittsburgh Pirates. Hockey came last, but again, it was an easy choice with Lemieux and the same colors once again.
    I know exactly the jackets you are talking about. I’m 53, graduated high school in 1985. I also had the satin baseball jackets.

Dependent

Are you using an older bottle?
    My initial application this morning was from my vintage 90's bottle, but I refreshed from my decant I got from you.

My initial application this morning was from my vintage 90's bottle, but I refreshed from my decant I got from you.
    Cool. My new flacon goes strong for about 5 or 6 hours at the most but is too faint after that.

Freed from BN Institution

Antaeus during the Seahawks vs Patriots game.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

I know exactly the jackets you are talking about. Iím 53, graduated high school in 1985. I also had the satin baseball jackets.
    Found a pic! Ah, they sure look timeless, lol.

s-l640.jpg

Dependent

Holy shit. Heart attack time! One play for the game. QB keeper??

edit: and, unsurprising to EVERYONE watching that game, Cam keeps it and predictably gets stuffed

Holy shit. Heart attack time! One play for the game. QB keeper??

edit: and, unsurprising to EVERYONE watching that game, Cam keeps it and predictably gets stuffed
    They were passing at will.

Dependent

Right?? Why not fake the keeper EVERYONE was expecting, and go to the wide open fullback in the flat, like they did perfectly earlier in the game?? Oh well hindsight *sigh*

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast