Code of Conduct

Default Celebrity scents go niche? Chloe Sevigny & Régime des Fleurs

As reported in the FT today (paywall, )

A short quote
    She partnered with the LA-based artisan perfumer Régime des Fleurs — the scent has top notes of rose, blackcurrant and tea. It’s the brand’s first celebrity fragrance. “It’s owned by two friends of mine [Alia Raza and Ezra Woods] and it’s independent,” she says.

Raza and Woods “collected around 20 different bottles of rose that I had used in the past, and we would smell it and they would identify the specific [notes] I liked in each of these fragrances,” she says, referring to Rose by Comme des Garçons and Rose Ikebana by Hermès. “They had the vernacular, and they guided me. It was like learning about wine.” Sevigny wore each sample concoction for days or weeks at a time to narrow the final scent down to her favourite. “Little Flower was the one I kept going back to, that people would comment on and say they loved the smell when I went out,” she says. Launching it in DSM was a strategic move. “I think the Dover Street customer is maybe more familiar with me, and familiar with Régime des Fleurs,” she says.

Not my cup of tea, but it's nice to see a celebrity involved more in the creative process behind their perfume. Curious to see if this approach takes off with other niches?
    My summer rotation:
    Tropica by Maya Nije
    Via Camerelle by Carthusia
    The Smell of Freedom by Lush
    Chameleon by Zoologist
    Timbuktu by L'Artisam Parfumeur
    Fracas by Robert Piguet,
    Summer 20 by Ffern

Default Re: Celebrity scents go niche? Chloe Sevigny & Régime des Fleurs

Quote Originally Posted by justfoxie View Post
    As reported in the FT today (paywall, )

A short quote
    She partnered with the LA-based artisan perfumer Régime des Fleurs — the scent has top notes of rose, blackcurrant and tea. It’s the brand’s first celebrity fragrance. “It’s owned by two friends of mine [Alia Raza and Ezra Woods] and it’s independent,” she says.

Raza and Woods “collected around 20 different bottles of rose that I had used in the past, and we would smell it and they would identify the specific [notes] I liked in each of these fragrances,” she says, referring to Rose by Comme des Garçons and Rose Ikebana by Hermès. “They had the vernacular, and they guided me. It was like learning about wine.” Sevigny wore each sample concoction for days or weeks at a time to narrow the final scent down to her favourite. “Little Flower was the one I kept going back to, that people would comment on and say they loved the smell when I went out,” she says. Launching it in DSM was a strategic move. “I think the Dover Street customer is maybe more familiar with me, and familiar with Régime des Fleurs,” she says.

Not my cup of tea, but it's nice to see a celebrity involved more in the creative process behind their perfume. Curious to see if this approach takes off with other niches?
    I've been wondering for a while when celebs will dip there toes into the niche world opposed to designer stuff. As niche popularity continues to rise, it's pretty much inevitable.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

But like... what designer would you ever imagine Chloe doing a scent for? I could only imagine her going this route.
    Regime des Fleurs has also done some other off-collabs, like with the artist Bunny Rogers.
    Currently wearing: Tom Yum by Parfum Prissana

Anybody but Coty is a bonus

Celebrities are basically products aren't they?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorel View Post
    But like... what designer would you ever imagine Chloe doing a scent for? I could only imagine her going this route.
    Regime des Fleurs has also done some other off-collabs, like with the artist Bunny Rogers.
    Yeah, she's always been associated with the arty New York scene, with its minimalism aesthetic. Her very first job as a teenager was doing Sonic Youth's Sugar Kane video with Marc Jacobs. She's always been part of that music-fashion-art scene, even with her more commercial film and tv work.

Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by justfoxie View Post

Not my cup of tea
    Nor mine. However, it will have its takers.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Yeah, she's always been associated with the arty New York scene, with its minimalism aesthetic. Her very first job as a teenager was doing Sonic Youth's Sugar Kane video with Marc Jacobs. She's always been part of that music-fashion-art scene, even with her more commercial film and tv work.

Not to mention Brown Bunny.