Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Premiere Avenue Ongoing Negative Experience

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal View Post
    I saw that. It literally made me ill. I only ordered the stuff recently but I know the outcome will be bad. Will be raising my dispute to claim by Friday. Maybe we should encourage them to do the same if they haven’t. More voices may inform PayPal better (if they pay through PayPal).

Also the particular perfume Premiere told me was out of stock? They did not bother to remove it from the website. Still available for purchase. Who the hell does something like that?
    Did you not receive anything at all or was there a missing item? If you have not received anything, they won't be able to provide tracking number as a proof,
    so Paypal is very likely to give you a full refund automatically.
    Missing or wrong items will be more tricky. When you escalate your dispute to claim, Paypal will ask the seller to give them
    more information within (usually)10 days. Since Premiere Avenue is currently ignoring everything, they will probably not respond to Paypal claim either.
    Therefore you will win and get a refund. I don't think your outcome will be bad, so don't worry too much about it

Yes, they sell too many out of stock items and it's one of their biggest problems. You have like 50% chance of receiving everything right.

I just saw your comments on their page. Thanks! I will file a dispute on Friday too and send PayPal screenshots of these comments.
    I mean, it's pretty self explanatory..

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have filed a dispute after they did not get back too me after repeated emails.Paypal asked me to wait for 7 days before escalating it to a claim.
    I would call Paypal back and demand they escalate it to a claim now and not have you wait seven days if you explain how upset you are and what others have gone through.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I would call Paypal back and demand they escalate it to a claim now and not have you wait seven days if you explain how upset you are and what others have gone through.
    I think you’re right. I’m speaking to them today.

I ordered from them once, since the checkout doesn't have an option to request which samples I sent them a followup email and was surprised to get a prompt reply (after hearing so much about their lack of replies) saying they will do their best to fulfill my request. The shipment came in a reasonable amount of time, about 10 days to NYC but when I opened it... no samples! I emailed them and they offered to make sure I get more samples on my next purchase.

Overall I think they mean well but their international ordering and shipments are not their prime concern as they have a physical retail store to run as well. They should either stop offering international shipping online, or hire more people to handle these orders properly. I will probably order from them again as they have a few things from the Frederic Malle line that other's don't carry. But if I can, I would go with Selfridges or the Nose first.

I keep checking their site and they do seem to have a few rare items from some well known niche brands and at good prices. Andy Tauer for example seems to be one such brand that is priced lower than the regular prices. Or have the French lowered VAT or something?

I am tempted to place a first order but have that feeling at the back of my mind that makes me wonder “what if”... I can’t send an order back so if they send the wrong item i might be stuck.l with it.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I keep checking their site and they do seem to have a few rare items from some well known niche brands and at good prices. Andy Tauer for example seems to be one such brand that is priced lower than the regular prices. Or have the French lowered VAT or something?

I am tempted to place a first order but have that feeling at the back of my mind that makes me wonder “what if”... I can’t send an order back so if they send the wrong item i might be stuck.l with it.
    I think they use your location to show you the prices you will pay (VAT deducted). Since you are browsing from the UK, you will see prices exclusive of EU VAT.

I would want to add something to the discussion. I once bought from them when I lived in Cleveland. When I had moved to Toronto in 2018 and ordered from them, they shipped it to the address in Cleveland. It was bizarre, because I put in my Toronto address during checkout - and my card also had my Toronto billing address. I got in touch with them the next day via email, and they addressed the situation and eventually I got my package in Toronto. At that point of time they would charge shipping, but now I see they are offering free international shipping over 250 euros. That indicates to me that they are trying to get more international orders, which seems to be at odds with the negative customer service experiences documented in this thread - I mean why would you try to incentivize international orders and then not take care of them?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I think they use your location to show you the prices you will pay (VAT deducted). Since you are browsing from the UK, you will see prices exclusive of EU VAT.
    This isn’t quite true. The U.K. is still subject to EU VAT as it is technically still in the EU whilst it is in the “transition phase”. Although the U.K. officially left the block in January this year, it is subject to all EU rules and regulations and is considered part of the single market and customs union until 31/12.

I had the same experience with freewheelingvagabond last year. They once sent my package to my old address even though I updated my address a few weeks before ordering.
    Luckily I got a call from the postoffice, but I nearly lost my package. Package delivered to a wrong address is the worst because there is nothing you can do.
    If your tracking number says "it's delivered", it's going to be really hard to prove you didn't receive the package.

Also, I'd be careful with buying Frederic Malle perfumes from their store. I once bought a travel spray from them and there were many black particles floating in the juice.
    It was disgusting but they did't respond to my email and I didn't wanna open a dispute for €30, so I kept it. I'm hesitant to use it though.
    It was probably an old batch or they didn't store it right. prem11.jpg

I've used them more than 10 times because they offer free shipping and they carry good brands, so it's a shame I don't wanna oder from them anymore.
    It's really stressful to chase them when you don't receive a response and don't wanna open a dispute every time..

I think they are more focused on clothing now, considering they don't really send newsletters or coupons like they used to.
    They were also not as bad at communication as they are now. They were never perfect, but they were certainly better before.

I'm sure many of you are already aware that Premiere Avenue is owned by Laurent Mazzone who is the owner of LM Parfums and that the LM website is run by the same people that run Premiere Avenue except that the LM website offers exclusive scents that can't be found on the Premiere Avenue site.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Update. I've received my package.
    One bottle seems fine.
    Two bottles seemed like tester bottles (damaged cap, nozzle neck, one bottle's juice level was lower then standard, one juice was severely weak with diminished top notes - damage due to prolonged exposure to light?)
    One bottle is missing, no refund, email or apology given so far,

Paypal says they have to give time to the seller to respond too them (and they haven't so far to Paypal shockingly). Just a few more days and I can escalate it to claim.

Update. I've received my package.
    One bottle seems fine.
    Two bottles seemed like tester bottles (damaged cap, nozzle neck, one bottle's juice level was lower then standard, one juice was severely weak with diminished top notes - damage due to prolonged exposure to light?)
    One bottle is missing, no refund, email or apology given so far,

Paypal says they have to give time to the seller to respond too them (and they haven't so far to Paypal shockingly). Just a few more days and I can escalate it to claim.
    Yikes, sounds like a nightmare company. How on earth can these guys still be trading? Or are they about to go under?
    Seriously tempted to place an order as they are much cheaper than any other company for the bottles I want. Guess you pay for what you get...

Basenotes Member

Yup, lesson learnt. My friend almost ordered Profumum Roma from them because they were 80 euro cheaper but luckily she didn't when she saw all the complaints

Yikes, sounds like a nightmare company. How on earth can these guys still be trading? Or are they about to go under?
    Seriously tempted to place an order as they are much cheaper than any other company for the bottles I want. Guess you pay for what you get...

Any further update? Anyone else placed order recently and had any issues?

I'm looking to place an order, will appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Basenotes Member

I managed to get a portion of my refund through PayPal. Any basenotes member advised me Premiere Avenue has deleted all the negative comments on their Instagram. I would never buy from them again personally.

I placed an order recently with them over the phone and had no problem although it took a few extra days to arrive once in the US.

I managed to get a portion of my refund through PayPal. Any basenotes member advised me Premiere Avenue has deleted all the negative comments on their Instagram. I would never buy from them again personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I placed an order recently with them over the phone and had no problem although it took a few extra days to arrive once in the US.
    Thanks for your feedback.

I placed an order end of July through the internet when I was sure the item was in stock (confirmed by phone). In the order confirmation a delay in shipping was announced (4-12 days). My package arrived in the Netherlands within 2 weeks.
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Well, I placed an order on September 4. Guess what, the shipping was quick and the package came in today and it was all good. They even threw in some free samples. I shall continue to shop from here with full confidence.

Well, I placed an order on September 4. Guess what, the shipping was quick and the package came in today and it was all good. They even threw in some free samples. I shall continue to shop from here with full confidence.
    Good to hear!

Mixed reviews here & its mad to read this, I was going to buy from them after the thumbs up from Hednic but then I got some local deals for other fragrances I wanted. Its too much of a gamble to buy from them if they are operating like this.
    Paypal is a good option to pay as it can help on dodgy situations from a company like this. Maybe the covid issues are affecting their comms, but its no excuse for taking money from people and not updating them!!!
    I bought from Mazollari-Milano with no issues and a very well packaged Creed Silver Mountain Water received with 2 samples, that's about it for my outside UK purchases...
    The prices offered from P.A are very tempting nonetheless but reading of experiences like gunmetal just scares me to shit.
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

Well this is some encouraging news I guess. I'm still on the fence about them though...

Well this is some encouraging news I guess. I'm still on the fence about them though...
    I might order from them again pretty soon. If I do, I shall post my feedback here.

€ 208.33 for Initio - Oud For Greatness, mennnnnnnnnnnnnn i'm tempted!!!!!!!!
    £250 at Selfridges UK.

Got a quick email reply from them on its stock status.

https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat...38-INBG0001SP/
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc