Code of Conduct
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1550

Default Re: aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

Ghaliyah.jpg

Eager for it!

Also, Nagatulli oil is a gorgeous and very strong Leathery Oud!
    Currently wearing: Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by berardo93 View Post
    Ghaliyah.jpg

Eager for it!

Also, Nagatulli oil is a gorgeous and very strong Leathery Oud!
    Wonder what it is?

Wearing YLT in the heat today, absolutely stunning! It's a shame it was so limited.

Ah yea. Back to what they do best!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRq-k0kB...dium=copy_link

cant wait

Can't wait. Already put an order in.

Has anyone had any issues ordering directly from them in regards to shipping delays or customs, particularly to US?

Nope.

Where/what is their website/where to order?

Went to Dixitandzak.com and i just get godaddy.com trying to sell me the domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by High Barnet View Post

Went to Dixitandzak.com and i just get godaddy.com trying to sell me the domain name.
    That sounds like an investment opportunity

This price per ml has no competitor in the artisanal game; same with RMIII. Glad the Vintage 84' affair took place so they both understood the lesson. In my opinion, some other vendors will soon join this new path or they will disappear.

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkinggrade View Post
    This price per ml has no competitor in the artisanal game; same with RMIII. Glad the Vintage 84' affair took place so they both understood the lesson. In my opinion, some other vendors will soon join this new path or they will disappear.

Congratulations.
    Well, Ghaliya Hind is $280+$25 shipping for 30ml. Itís one of D&Zís most expensive releases.

Not that Iím complaining! This is the kind of composition Iím looking for and I happily preordered a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Well, Ghaliya Hind is $280+$25 shipping for 30ml. Itís one of D&Zís most expensive releases.

Not that Iím complaining! This is the kind of composition Iím looking for and I happily preordered a bottle.
    Itís 100ml not 30ml. I passed on ordering a bottle and am just getting a split from Strifeknot. Iíve barely put a dent in my 30ml Ghaliyah Reflection so thereís no way I need a 100ml bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by High Barnet View Post

My advice is to preorder from Naaz perfumes. You can reach Sikander easily on what’s app. I believe you can find the number on the naaz perfumes website. They use DHl so shipping can go almost anywhere.
    Current Favorites: Notes from Underground, Iris Noir

REDUNDANT
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    REDUNDANT
    My thoughts exactly, but a great opportunity for those who missed out on reflection. I love that stuff
    Currently wearing: O/E by Bogue Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by DonBos View Post
    My thoughts exactly, but a great opportunity for those who missed out on reflection. I love that stuff
    Haha. That was quite freudian, as REDUNDANT was just an edit of my post that said "It's 100ml, not 30!!" - because someone had already beat me to it. Even though the notes list makes you wonder what it will add to the lineup given reflection, calling it redundant without smelling it would be a pretty bold statement. I'm hoping that it is a little easier on the synth musks, which are what killed GR for me.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Dependent

I’m interested to see the interplay of Castoreum in this release as Zak is saying it’s pretty loaded. You don’t see a lot of Hindi Oud/Castoreum blends so I’m really interested to see how this highlights the traditional fermentation of the Oud. One thing I’ve learned with their Attars is that the same materials don’t equal the same outcome. Silsila for example is one of the best Hindi Oud concoctions I’ve smelled and yet the Rose takes a back to the ambergris, Oud. And Mysore. I have a feeling while Rose is a main material in this composition it won’t be just a “Rose Oud” offering.

I do think it’s cool they listened to their fans and are revisiting these classic compositions so everyone can enjoy them and taste a little bit of Islam’s influence upon Mother India. Ghaliya’s are one of the most fascinating aspects of ancient perfumery as the idea itself came from an Islamic poet who created this beautiful composition with simply two materials as a gift for a king (I believe?). From then on new materials were added and each family of perfumers would add or subtract materials to create family heirlooms of living history so it’s always interesting to smell an ancient recipe but with updated twists as an attempt to continue on familial and cultural traditions.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I’m interested to see the interplay of Castoreum in this release as Zak is saying it’s pretty loaded. You don’t see a lot of Hindi Oud/Castoreum blends so I’m really interested to see how this highlights the traditional fermentation of the Oud. One thing I’ve learned with their Attars is that the same materials don’t equal the same outcome. Silsila for example is one of the best Hindi Oud concoctions I’ve smelled and yet the Rose takes a back to the ambergris, Oud. And Mysore. I have a feeling while Rose is a main material in this composition it won’t be just a “Rose Oud” offering.

I do think it’s cool they listened to their fans and are revisiting these classic compositions so everyone can enjoy them and taste a little bit of Islam’s influence upon Mother India. Ghaliya’s are one of the most fascinating aspects of ancient perfumery as the idea itself came from an Islamic poet who created this beautiful composition with simply two materials as a gift for a king (I believe?). From then on new materials were added and each family of perfumers would add or subtract materials to create family heirlooms of living history so it’s always interesting to smell an ancient recipe but with updated twists as an attempt to continue on familial and cultural traditions.
    Are Ghaliyahs a Muslim custom generally? I wasn't sure if they were regionalized to the Middle East (I mean traditionally, of course, now it's just one big interconnected world).

Either way, pumped to get my nose on this. They must feel good about it if they are straying from their all natural tradition and willing to put their name on a mixed media fragrance for the first time.

..I’m confused. I thought all Dixt and Zak releases were all natural? Will this be mixed media?

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBorn View Post
    ..I’m confused. I thought all Dixt and Zak releases were all natural? Will this be mixed media?
    They are. I believe this is the first time they are mixed under their own name (they used the Amelia moniker for GR)

Quote Originally Posted by cpatrick44 View Post
    They are. I believe this is the first time they are mixed under their own name (they used the Amelia moniker for GR)
    So to be clear, this is a mixed media fragrance? I hope I can handle it hahaha (as long as it’s in the same vein as Areej and Bortnikoff I’m sure I’ll be fine).

So to be clear, this is a mixed media fragrance? I hope I can handle it hahaha (as long as it’s in the same vein as Areej and Bortnikoff I’m sure I’ll be fine).
    Yes.

Is this really 100ml?! For real? It looks like a smaller 30ml from the photos

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by cpatrick44 View Post
    Are Ghaliyahs a Muslim custom generally? I wasn't sure if they were regionalized to the Middle East (I mean traditionally, of course, now it's just one big interconnected world).

Either way, pumped to get my nose on this. They must feel good about it if they are straying from their all natural tradition and willing to put their name on a mixed media fragrance for the first time.
    So yes it is in fact a Muslim tradition as the first Ghaliya was made for what I believe was to be a prophet of sorts? I could be totally off base on that but I do know it was an Islamic poet who made the first Ghaliya perfume and it was simply Musk and Ambergris in Ben oil.

As for this being their first mixed media fragrance it’s their second =). They originally wanted to keep Amelia perfumes for that but it caused so much confusion in the western side of the community they felt it best to keep ALL releases under the name Dixit and Zak. This is a continuation of Ghaliya reflection that was also mixed media that they released last year.

Also Zak regularly makes mixed media perfumes/Attars for Naaz and other brands. Mixed media portrayals of Ghaliya’s are pretty common though and I believe there less than 3% synthetics in the composition kind of the same way Sultan Pasha, Dmitry or Russian Adam would approach things.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Is this really 100ml?! For real? It looks like a smaller 30ml from the photos
    If you zoom in on the Instagram photo of the bottle from the newest post, you can see it says 100ml

My advice is to preorder from Naaz perfumes. You can reach Sikander easily on what’s app. I believe you can find the number on the naaz perfumes website. They use DHl so shipping can go almost anywhere.
    Thanks you. Yes, I’d actually contacted him this morning, coincidentally (I’d luckily purchased Reflection from him first tome around), and he let me know that “ all of his stock was already booked.” Looks like another battle to stay glued to luckyscent…totally nuts, this obsession. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    If you zoom in on the Instagram photo of the bottle from the newest post, you can see it says 100ml
    Oh wow! I canít believe they didnít explicitly state that! I meanÖ I preordered regardless but it goes to show how bad they are with their public outreach!

Oh wow! I can’t believe they didn’t explicitly state that! I mean… I preordered regardless but it goes to show how bad they are with their public outreach!
    Yes they did state its 100ml, and expectations anyway were set to have at least 30ml when it comes to their oud, and fact that you and others bought it blind attest that they dont have to say much cuz ur already on the hook.
    100ml is just a bonus.

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast