Code of Conduct
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2045

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2020

I had no idea what my spirit animal was so I did three separate
    tests online. I am either a butterfly, a bird or a dog!!
    I actually feel an affinity to birds so I'll go with that one.
    Except I don't own a "bird-like" perfume...

Maybe as the dragons say in "Dragon's Den" - I'm out.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I did a couple of tests and apparently I'm a bird or a hedgehog, Opus VII seemed like a good choice.
    Happy Sync Friday, everone!
    Currently wearing: Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer

Basenotes Plus

Another cat person here. I went with Muscs Koublai Khan. Despite its fearsome reputation, it’s always been kitten-soft on me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Theorema by Fendi

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    The Nifflers are the only good things to come from the Fantastic Beasts movies, in my opinion!
    I disagree! Eddie Redmayne is fantastic in his role of Newt Scamander and brought him to life in ways that make me all fuzzy inside. He showed us that the often mocked and cast away as the most boring house of Hufflepuff is actually one of the most wonderful places where all the feeling, the friendly, the compassionate, the quirky, the dedicated, the nerdy, the sincere, the awkward, the shy and yet always true to themselves can thrive. Who cares for glory and power when you can simply live the life you enjoy the most and do things you truly care about?
    And the other animals and general visuality of the movies is really awesome.
    Nifflers are the best though!

Am going with Aeromancy by Sixteen92 this morning; for my "bird spirit" self. I'll do "cat spirit" later on.
    Currently wearing: Granada by Memo

Between two pine trees

My spirit animal is a dolphin, but I’m not taking the direct sync route to an aquatic fragrance. I’m thinking instead about some of the dolphin’s characteristics that speak to me - its effortless elegance in the water (if you have Apple TV, you’ve likely seen the underwater shots of the the pod of dolphins swimming), its curiosity, its fun-loving nature, its protectiveness, its seeming joie de vivre ... how do those things translate (for me) into a fragrance?

I came up with a few ideas, all quite differ from each other but each in its own way suggesting one or more the characteristics I associate with dolphins: Fate Woman, Galop d’Hermes, Iris de Nuit, and (despite the name) Putain des Palaces (effortless elegance), Frangipani, California Snow, Neroli, and Tuberose & Moss (joie de vivre), Douce Amere (curiosity), Tam Dao EDT (protectiveness), and for fun-loving: Badgley Mischka, Bracken Wonan, Divin’ Enfant, Felanilla, Jasmin et Cigarette, and MEM.

I think I have a few to choose from

Basenotes Plus

Bee.jpg

This one was easy. I've always been fascinated with these guys, and considering the long hours my work requires, I can identify with them without reservation.
    Currently wearing: Méharées by L'Erbolario

Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 & Beth62 View Post
    Bee.jpg

This one was easy. I've always been fascinated with these guys, and considering the long hours my work requires, I can identify with them without reservation.
    Nice! Bees are lovely creatures.
    I was planning on a Zoologist choice as well but have yet to get my samples. Excited about trying Bee and others.

Feeling very bearish this time of year as the light fades and mossy dampness takes over the woods. Big urge to curl up in a soft pile of fur in some wooded, dug-out hide away and hibernate.

I’m pulling out a sample by Lellabelle. Spirit Bear Celtic Moss.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

My spirit animal is the seal. I suspect even Zoologist might have difficulty creating a palatable fragrance. Can you even imagine the notes pyramid ?
    I'm relieved to say that my search for a related scent drew a blank, mostly - apart from Heeley's Sel Marin, or Secretions Magnifiques.
    I don't do aquatic or marine scents.

Nice idea suggested above (thank you, ExtremeK), to wear a scent that embodies characteristics of the spirit animal, so : smooth, graceful, relaxed, playful, music-loving.

I've been wearing LADDM and ACDD today, and I'll continue the amber(gris) theme with original Ambre Sultan.
    A December FB rotation of incense, amber, leather and spice : Avignon, Zagorsk, Penhaligon's Elixir, Casbah, Shaal Nur, Etro Ambra, Bottega Veneta, Jaipur pH, Gomma, Knize 10, Jacomo de Jacomo. Samples : Kyoto, Ouarzazate, LAVS, Eau Sacree, Incense Extreme, LADDM, ACDD, Grand Soir, Ambre Sultan, 07 Tanoke, Grimoire, Hyde, Lonestar Memories.

Blog Entries

Some very imaginative choices here today!

yellowtone, l'm wearing L'Ombre Fauve on your behalf. lt conjures perfectly the scent of a cat's warm, soft underbelly, & l need that kind of comfort this evening after one hell of a week.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Might join the sync with something like Jaguar or the tiger design bottle of Ed Hardy Man, due to still not having added Le Lion by Lalique (which is a personal favorite likely to be added at some point anyway) as a choice close (closer/closest?) to a certain personalizing and even personal ideal of an animal spirit
    Currently wearing: Zeus by Kelsey Berwin

Even though I am a crazy cat lady, raccoons are my spirit animals. I love their tenacity and adaptable nature—they thrive equally in rural and urban settings, and I had interesting encounters with them when I was a kid, and again in early adulthood when I was often feeling especially receptive to messages from the cosmos. I have no idea how to express that with any perfumes I have on hand. I’ll come back if I think of something.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Gary Numan ❤️❤️❤️
    Currently wearing: Habanita by Molinard

Basenotes Plus

My spirit animal is my Chinchilla SILVER Persian cat, Gin Gin. I’m wearing Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist in his honor.
    (we’re both looking a bit haggard as we study for boards)

2524DC1C-70A5-4037-A614-956936CB2866.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrTricia View Post
    we’re both looking a bit haggard as we study for boards
    When he's feeling the pressure, and getting tired, something like flash cards might work better than a 1000-page text, poor little guy.

Basenotes Plus

SilverOnSilver.jpg

For DrTricia's and my shared Chinchilla Silver Persian spirit animal, I chose Amouage Silver.
    Currently wearing: Monsieur de Rauch by Rauch

Freed from BN Institution

If I had to guess what a Niffler might smell like: musky

This one might work:
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by DrTricia View Post
    (we’re both looking a bit haggard as we study for boards)

[/SIZE]2524DC1C-70A5-4037-A614-956936CB2866.jpg[SIZE=4]
    I could see that - He has more fur on his paws now.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    He has more fur on his paws now.
    That boy is cruisin' for a groomin'.
    Currently wearing: Monsieur de Rauch by Rauch

Chose Jaguar as the sync scent
    Currently wearing: Zeus by Kelsey Berwin

Wore Safari by Lauren later. (I guess I forgot to hit the post button). Safari, for big cats, little cats, any cats.
    Currently wearing: Granada by Memo

For Ine's Gothic BN Day, I'll probably go for something that stands out as dark or black. It'll take some brainstorming over the next day or two.

Blog Entries

l have a few ideas, but again it'll be a work day, so it might be an evening synch for me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I think I'll wear Opus 1144 by Unum. It is supposed to be a dark Gothic fragrance, but I find it remarkably comfortabel and lighthearted.
    Currently wearing: Une Rose Chyprée by Tauer

Oh, I love this Synch. The subject is very dear to my heart.
    There are many definitions of Gothic starting with architecture and finishing with gothic horror/romance novels and goth music, goth subculture and all its forms - goth rock, goth metal, synthpop, industrial, dark cabaret, murder ballads... Oh, and there's a whole Southern Gothic subgenre... and anything to do with Romantic/Dark Romantic movement in art. So it's not just Bram Stoker or Mary Shelley, but also Byron, Baudelaire, Wilde, Poe, Bronte sisters and many others - including the Existentialists, of course.

To me Gothic is mostly about these things - sombre mood, ornateness, over-the-top feelings and romanticizing the past and the 'otherness'.
    Think about this line of a poem by F. Pessoa: "The unnatural and strange have the perfume of their own." In my head, it nails down the mood quite well.

Scents that I associate with Gothic vibe the most are incense, smoke, myrrh, deep dark rose and cold white florals - all those funeral flowers, mostly chrysanthemums and lilies. Also patchouli and moss for that damp, earthy feel. It shouldn't be a warm, cuddly perfume either (unless we're going for teenage goth or Gothic Lolita vibe) - the certain coldness, aloofness, introspection and distance should be there.
    (for example, Mitsouko definitely isn't the first thing that pops up in my mind when I hear the word "gothic", but I think it actually kind of fits - the coldness, the introspection, the otherness, the fascination with Orient, the autumnal mood, the nod to the old times, the tragic/romantic story behind its name fits the goth aesthetic to me. for another example, CdG Incense: Avignon recreates the Gothic Cathedral and the Catholic mass in my mind so well it definitely fits. for yet another example, Serge Lutens De Profundis... just screams gothic/dark romantic in so many possible ways from the actual notes to the nod to Oscar Wilde. And all your rose-patchoulis are just. so. goth. I must go and fix my eyeliner.)

Things from my wardrobe and my sample stash that I think could fit:

Guilty Absolute pour femme
    by Gucci - a sombre and dark rose/patchouli with woods, cypress (a tree of mourning and sadness), leather and an unsweet berry. It's not over the top though. It's more Albert Camus than Emily Bronte. (I'm sorry for this comparison but I couldn't resist.)
    Moonlight Patchouli by VC & Arpels (a sample) - very similar to Guilty Absolute in feel, maybe less sombre, more aggressive, less berry, more patchouli. Even the name suggests the night theme.
    Mad Madame by Juliette Has a Gun - another spin on rose & patchouli with a touch of animalics, this one is an Opheliac in her manic state, she reads Shakespeare, but she can slit your throat too.
    La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto by Guerlain - for the teenage goth/sweet Gothic Lolita vibe. It's all dressed in black and definitely got the deep dusty rose and might wear that leather jacket, but is such a frilly sweetheart underneath.
    Black Opium by YSL - for that teenage party hard girl who likes her fishnets and black painted nails. Giotto who? It's Friday and I'm in love, let's get wasted.
    Incense by Matthew Williamson (a sample) - for that churchy incense and the literal, architectural Gothic.

I will wear one or more of them tomorrow. Ineespenes, I am excited for your upcoming day.

Oh well, I shall be doing my usual for this one yes Etro Messe di Minuit. I have the earlier version which still has the damp crypt smell.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

I've got it down to:

Goth in attitude/presentation - Midnight Poison Elixir by Dior
    Gothic in archetecture - Contre Bombarde 32 Extrait by Filippo Sorcinelli

Both are favorites.
    Currently wearing: Méharées by L'Erbolario

Blog Entries

l've decided to drain what's left of my decant of Black XS (the men's version) tomorrow. l decanted this from a bottle that belonged to an ex. l eventually sold the bottle, but had to keep a little just for sniffing purposes. Sadly the decant has largely evaporated, so l think it's time to let it go altogether.

The bottle was the original version with the Gothic script & the rose, & the scent is heavy on the patchouli, so l think it'll fit the theme quite well. And as we know, Goths do tend to wear an XS of Black.

Sillage Monster

I'll be wearing Lady Vengeance by Juliet Has a Gun.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

For Ine's Gothic BN Day, I'm wearing Moonlight Patchouli by VC&A. Not sure, if I will reapply for this for evening or change to LPRN Black Perfecto EDP by Guerlain.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

I love Clockwork Alice's analysis of "gothic". I also have to say that for me goth is also about those Postpunk androgynous bands like Bauhaus, Joy Division.... Birthday party from late 70's /early 80's.At least that's what I love in this genre So anything a bit "genderbending" or with notes of leather, rubbernotes, dark florals, damp earth and incense would be perfect My bf's sample of Memoir man would be perfect, but since I'm working I will wear Black cashmere first and put on Memoir man as my sotE
    Currently wearing: Kashmir Spice by Ava Luxe

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast