Code of Conduct
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2127

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2020

Please start contributing to the Synchronized Friday 2021 thread, it's now up:
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Incense and woods day so I am going for

Encens Fève Tonka by Fragonard, it does have a wood note.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: L'Aimant by Coty

Will be starting with CdG Kyoto (incense+cypress, cedar&teak) or perhaps Zagorsk (incense+hinoki), since the weather will be cold; perhaps Odin 07 Tanoke (frankincense + unspecified woods) later.
    Epiphany to Candlemas rotation of incense, iris, leather, heliotrope, smoke, cold, green : CdG Black, Avignon, Zagorsk; Jacomo de Jacomo, GGA, Etro Gomma, Bottega Veneta pH EdT, Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Infusion d'Iris EdP; Etro Heliotrope. Sampling Hermes Bel Ami, Hiris, Eau de Gentiane Blanche; LAVS, Cardinal, No19 Poudre, Papillon Angelique and Anubis.

I plan to wear Black cashmere tomorrow.

For Rynegne’s Woods & Incense Day, Egoiste Cologne Concentree will work as it's also my SOTW this week.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

For Rynegne’s BN day, I went with woods. I wore Sandalwood Body Splash by Mount Romance as my morning scent and discovered that one of our local chemists is now stocking Fragonard scents so I tested Santal EDT this afternoon and ended up buying a bottle.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Blog Entries

l'm going for woods for daytime, & incense for the evening today.

For daytime l'm wearing Stash. The notes list says cedar & massoia wood, but l get a big slug of buttery sandalwood from this.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Rynegne's Woods & Incense day!

I actually started early and yesterday I wore a beautiful churchy-woody incense The Priest by Lithuanian artisan brand FUMparFUM ran by perfumer Aistis Mickevičius. I should offer the whole line to be added to the directory. It's a gorgeous scent and I'd love to have a bottle, but it's an extrait and a bit too pricey for me at the moment.

Today I'm wearing the last drops of Matthew Williamson's Incense sample. It's a more smoky incense with some medicinal edge. Sadly, already discontinued, so I won't be able to get a bottle of that either.
    Currently wearing: Coco by Chanel

In sync with

allegri by Allegri

According to Fragrantica, top notes are Iris, Jasmine, Rose, and Honeysuckle; middle notes are Vetyver, Geranium, Tuberose, and Patchouli; base notes are Castoreum, Galbanum, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanille, Musk, White Honey, Amber, and Tonka Bean.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Caron by Caron

Basenotes Plus

For Rynegne’s Woods and Incense Day I chose Guerlain Encens Mythique d’Orient: notes include Persian rose, aldehydes, saffron, neroli, vetiver, patchouli, ambergris, frankincense, woods.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

I'm not big on incense, so I'm sort of half-syncing like CuddleCat, in Diptyque Tam Dao, the woodiest thing I own.

Happy BN day to soon-to-be-daddy Ryan!

I'm bopping in here to sync today for Rynegne's woods and incense day. I wore Tam Dao EDP this morning for some yard work, and this afternoon I am in Rynegne's own MadHat Scents SantL, which has matured quite nicely

For the evening I changed into Sarah Jessica Parker's Twilight which also has some frankincense and is slightly woody.

Blog Entries

This evening l'm wearing what l consider to be the grand daddy of all incense fragrances: Sahara Noir.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I’m not old, I’m vintage.

A399D139-A259-4E4A-83F2-153A0D970670.jpg

Aftelier - Ancient Resins
    Currently wearing: Witness by Jacques Bogart

I forgot to post my sync last Friday which was Ysatis, and it was a lovely, immersive bouquet.

Woods and Incense - two of my very favorite notes!
    Joining Teardrop with Stash today. I seem to go to this a lot these days, and enjoying my tiny bottle enough that it will hold me over till I score a FB.
    For SOTE - Roger and Gallet Extract of Mysore - oh how long can I make my sample last?

I’m reading some frags mentioned this week Like ClockworkAlice’s The Priest, that look like I need to ask the fam to get me samples of for Xmas.
    I do love a good churchy incense. Maybe some Copal focused.

Happy, healthy weekend to all
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

Having little to no incense options in the current wardrobe, might however join in by still using a cheapie that paradoxically covers and renders both notes better and more inclusively than costlier scents owned.
    Namely Royal Oud dello Yemen by Tesori d'Oriente.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

I managed to sneak in one more sandalwood scent late in the evening - Santal Majuscule by Serge Lutens.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How is it?
    Aftelier's Ancient Resins is a warm and natural incense fragrance, rather than a smoky/ashy liturgical affair. It's perhaps on the linear side, but I certainly didn't tire of it.

It's still a lingering skin scent, so I have to think about scrubbing to make way for a woody evening scent or just letting it ride.

Somehow managed to join the sync with Royal Oud dello Yemen
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Basenotes Plus

Better late than never?

I’m in with Contre Bombarde 32 by Sauf, another beauty from the lovely ClaireV.

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Aftelier's Ancient Resins is a warm and natural incense fragrance, rather than a smoky/ashy liturgical affair. It's perhaps on the linear side, but I certainly didn't tire of it.

It's still a lingering skin scent, so I have to think about scrubbing to make way for a woody evening scent or just letting it ride.
    One that I'd recommend trying is Bergamoss, a number of us sampled this several years ago in a sample pass. One of the best imo from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    One that I'd recommend trying is Bergamoss, a number of us sampled this several years ago in a sample pass. One of the best imo from the house.
    Ancient Resins is the first of a trio of Aftelier samples that "fell into my lap" as part of a larger sample acquisition, the others being Memento Mori and Oud Luban. Bergamoss does indeed sound good. Alas, it's only available as a solid perfume at $275/8ml (or $7/.25ml sample), so I won't be trying it any time soon.

For the Sweet Spices theme Guerlain Spritueuse Double Vanille which is my current SOTW will work for the occasion.

Mmmm, sweet spices! Delicious! I adore this category.
    Depending on how sweet and how spicy I want it to be (well, vanilla is the ultimate sweet spice), I have these options:
    Serge Lutens Baptême du Feu (not very sweet, but I get the ginger cookies/pepper cookies impression with some dried fruit which is slightly spicy and slightly sweet)
    Chanel Coco (more spicy than sweet, almost unsweet, but the concoction of spices, mostly cloves, is sweetened a tiny bit by resins and maybe some dried fruit too)
    YSL Opium (also much more spicy than sweet, but the cinnamon blast of the opening reminds me of cinnamon buns, and the resinous/ambery drydown has sweetness to it)
    YSL Black Opium (slightly peppered vanilla with coffee, almost not spicy at all, but very sweet)
    Lush I'm Home - vanilla absolute, lots of dark cacao, tonka and benzoin, very dense, dark, slightly sweet, with lots of bitter cacao taming the sweetness
    Guerlain Shalimar, Bvlgari Black - no other spices that I recall, but lots of gorgeous smoky vanilla, not very sweet though
    Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum - now this one is sweet
    Diptyque Eau Duelle (from a sample) - beautiful woody vanilla with a bunch of other spices, cardamom especially
    Molinard Habanita - a nutmeg bomb with some cinnamon (they say it's carnation, I get cinnamon, but they're supposed to be similar) and...chalk. Almost not sweet at all to my nose though, more spicy-bitter-chalky, although amber is present, and thus vanilla, I can find some sweetness when I search for it though (though it might be my millennial nose... my mom finds some fragrances that aren't sweet to me VERY sweet, like Shalimar or Dali's Laguna).
    Kenzo Jungle L'Éléphant - now I guess this one fits perfectly, it's VERY spicy and also quite sweet because of the resins and the fruit. It's so gorgeous, and it's also LOUD, so I have to be in the mood for it.
    Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil - also perfect for the theme. Very cinnamony and ambery (vanilla, resins, more resins) and lots of juicy overripe fruit that give it quite a lot of sweetness, a beautiful concoction.
    L'Erbolario Méharées - lots of dusty cinnamon in an ambery-resinous bed, really quite sweet because of all this amber and dried fruit and a little bit spicy and very sand-y, also fits very well.
    Molinard Cuir (sample) - they say it's leather, but it's a very spicy and slightly sweet leather - nutmeg, saffron, pepper and maybe even some cardamom, too
    Paco Rabanne Olympéa Legend (sample) - vanilla, sugar, salt, plum, tonka, a hint of ginger - whoa, what a sensory overload! Very sweet, very thick, a bit salty, voluptuous.
    Twilly d'Hermès (sample) - spicy ginger bite with a sweet tuberose and sweet sandalwood underneath
    Serge Lutens Un bois vanille (sample) - another woody vanilla with some other spices, such as liquorice, tonka, almond (can we count almond as a spice or not really? because if we can, then I have even more options...)
    Cartier Le baiser du dragon - it's not in official notes, but I do get a cinnamony blast together with the amaretto opening. then it goes to the floral part, and dries down ambery/almondy, too
    Agent Provocateur Lace Noir - the official notes doesn't scream "spicy" apart from the pink pepper, vanilla and tonka mentioned, but when I smell it, I do feel it's sweet and spicy, like a much softer, coconutty descendant of Opium.
    Guerlain L'Heure Bleue - carnation (that I'm always reading as cinnamon anyway), anise, coriander, tonka, amber/vanilla......it's also very slightly sweet and only a tiny bit spicy, but it does feel "bready" and it could remind you of cookie dough...
    Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier - anise, liquorice, vanilla, tonka - more sweet than spicy and the spices aren't of the "truly spicy" kind, but there's both and in a very light and fun to wear way
    Aquolina Pink Sugar - well, sugar is a spice! and liquorice, vanilla and tonka
    Givenchy Organza - nutmeg, walnut, amber
    L'Occitane Ambre Amande (sample) - I'll just post the pyramid:
    Top Notes
    Almond, Coriander, Saffron accord, Lavender
    Heart Notes
    Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Belle de nuit, Incense
    Base notes
    Cashmere wood, Cypriol, Oud, White musk

I mean... really now... I could devote all December to this synch. I guess I might just do it. It feels like a great time to be wearing all of this. And if I wanted something lighter or more citrusy like I often do, I could just wear Aqua Allegoria Ginger Piccante (ginger, pink pepper) or Molinard's Les Amoureux de Peynet (also lots of ginger). They're not exactly sweet, but they have a hint of citrusy sweetness to them.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Fun post, Alice! “Sweet spices” applies to several of mine as well. When you wear L’Heure Bleue, we can sync (PM me!).

Basenotes Plus

Fabulous post Clockwork Alice! You jogged my memory - I have a bottle of L'Erbolario Méharées I bought this summer but didn't get much opportunity to wear in the warm summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Fun post, Alice! “Sweet spices” applies to several of mine as well. When you wear L’Heure Bleue, we can sync (PM me!).
    Thank you!
    We can both synch with it tomorrow maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 & Beth62 View Post
    Fabulous post Clockwork Alice! You jogged my memory - I have a bottle of L'Erbolario Méharées I bought this summer but didn't get much opportunity to wear in the warm summer months.
    Thank you!
    Méharées is very, very comforting. I don't want to wear it for a good part of the year, but during winter and early spring (when there's still cold and snow and dark in March) I want to binge it.

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast