Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default What are the 3 most beautiful captives released in recent years?

I start:

Clearwood
    Splendione
    Symroxane (or hivernal neo? i'm in doubt...)

and in your experience?

Basenotes Member

Default Re: What are the 3 most beautiful captives released in recent years?

old post but I agree !!!

Akigalawood

Who is selling this?

Neither Vigon nor Ventos distribute it, that I can find.

Basenotes Plus

Cascalone is great to me...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I guess I only have three -- Edenolide, Clearwood, and Cascalone -- so can only say those three.

If I had Dreamwood Base than I might have to kick one of those out. (Though really Dreamwood itself is not so much a captive, as santalol itself in good purity is available elsewhere. The special thing is that it's an inexpensive santalol.)

EDIT: Wow, my memory is bad, I had seen the top post but forgot the details already. I do also have Hivernal Neo and Splendione but don't use either or at least not as yet, I can see they could have uses. But personally I was not inspired by either.

I have some splendione, too, and also have found it pretty uninspiring. It smells very faint to me & in limited testing haven't seen substantial impacts on blends.

Clearwood was captive? I'm surprised.
    But yes, cascalone and clearwood definately and edenolide.
    Hivernal neo is not my favorite but is good for rubbery white flowers like narcissus ( but para-cresol and quaiacol is more potent rubberines for this).

I guess it depends on the definition of "captive."

It's not a particular molecule, and I am fairly sure there have been other biotechnology largely-patchoulol products, but I think Firmenich's process is particular to them.

Whether they were using it commercially in a proprietary way prior to releasing it for sale I don't know. If not, then certainly not a captive.