Code of Conduct

Default Jasmine absolute from Morocco

I am wondering about jasmine absolute from Morocco. It was not uncommon about 15 - 20 years ago. I was able to smell several and compare them and in my memory jasmine from Morocco has some really special notes that differentiate it from absolute from other regions.

I can’t find a single source using Google and I am wondering if any of the folks here with deeper roots in the trade might be able to lead me to a supplier that sells samples or small quantities.

Thanks in advance

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Jasmine absolute from Morocco

Indukern says they sell it, but not likely in less than 250g. (but maybe as little as 100g)
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Jasminum Grandiflorum var. Moroccan is the only natural material I know about that can be immediately bottled and claimed it has been made by a parisian perfumer.

It is weaker, less voluptuous as the egyptian one (not to speak about the indian of lesser quality) but incredibly well balanced, elegant and of almost no mothball (indolic) touch. Even the rose or oud etc. can not compare to it in terms of balance.

I can not see where you are located. In Germany you can get it here but it is unusable expensive:
    https://maienfelser-naturkosmetik.de...s-marokkanisch

Its tricky (because you have to wear a camouflage cap) but somebody said to me he got it here:
    https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog...rodRecCold10-2

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who appreciates its beauty. I agree about the toned down mothball / cloying indole. What’s amazing in the samples I’ve experienced is the rich complexity of the heart - it really is wonderful. I have about 3 ml left from a batch i got from a company called Pierre Chauvet (in Seillans, France but since bought out by a larger supplier). I tried their regular and select Moroccan jasmine and of course wish I’d stocked up.

Sigma Aldrich!? I can order from them - I’m a science teacher so that should work. Seems risky, maybe? Could it be high quality absolute from an olfactory point of view?

Thank you for the links!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Glad to hear I’m not the only one who appreciates its beauty ...
    Well, if the egyptian jasmine is Carmen in heat, clattering with their castanets, so the moroccan grandiflorum is a parisian lady in yellow dress, drinking her café au lait with legs on top of each other, reflected in the window of a boutique.

The last time I followed the Sigmaaldrich link, it was expressly pointed out that it is moroccan jasmine. You are happy that you can order from them. Imagine 25 g for 193.- = 1 g (~ 1.1 ml) jasmine for less than 8 euros. I would take part immediately with about 100 euros.

There are also some companies in Morocco, but I can not say anything about the quality and their trusworthiness.

This moroccan Jasmine Grandiflorum makes only sense to me, if it is in center of the formulation. If, as usually, it is a modifier, the egyptian ist of more use.
    Last edited by Ivor Joedy; 24th December 2019 at 08:02 PM.