Code of Conduct
Page 332 of 368 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,960 of 11034

Default Re: Your Vintage SOTD - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Attachment 140550

Dana - Acapulco
    Never seen this one before. There's only image and it's a bottle on ebay.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. You will not be disappointed in Perac as long as it is still intact. Mine has a nice bit of oak moss as apposed to leather.
    Oh my God you're back! I just about finished reviewing your sample pack! I think I only have Suspiro and Alain Delon AD Plus left to sample!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Ali AD View Post
    Parfums Corp era Kouros

Attachment 140554
    Congrats!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Silver collar Dior Homme Intense
    Attachment 140564
    I just love that picture!

Iím still rocking and enjoying Cartierís Declaration Essence. THE chef has hit another home run with me. Itís not projecting as much as it was but Iím told that just makes it better to snuggle up. And who am I to ever doubt the word of a lady? Or my wife?
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by aero58 View Post

(Cosmair)
    Nicely displayed
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Iím not old, Iím vintage.

Never seen this one before. There's only image and it's a bottle on ebay.
    Yeah, that's the one I bought.

I'm thinking of launching "Sniffman Sunday," in which I wear something nobody else has, even if that's its only virtue.
    Currently wearing: Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

I'm thinking of launching "Sniffman Sunday," in which I wear something nobody else has, even if that's its only virtue.
    I miss the Sniffman. <sniff>

That would be a nice theme for a Sync Friday but that would result in a lot of non-participants that week.

I could probably join you on that quest, it would be nice to revisit some of those mythological Guerlains.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I’m still rocking and enjoying Cartier’s Declaration Essence. THE chef has hit another home run with me. It’s not projecting as much as it was but I’m told that just makes it better to snuggle up. And who am I to ever doubt the word of a lady? Or my wife?
    I think you've inspired me to wear Essence tomorrow. I don't have a whole lot of wintry scents, and my options can run low during a stretch of cold weather.

I originally bought Essence intending to give it to The Boyfriend, then changed my mind and kept it for myself. That's the same thing that happened with all 5 of my bottles of Eau d'Hermes, too.

Iím not old, Iím vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I miss the Sniffman. <sniff>
    Me, too. But, I totally understand his desire to withdraw. I've self-exiled from other social media platforms for similar reasons.

That would be a nice theme for a Sync Friday but that would result in a lot of non-participants that week.

I could probably join you on that quest, it would be nice to revisit some of those mythological Guerlains.
    In truth, I doubt I'd have that many "onlies." If no one else, Hednic would likely have it.
    Currently wearing: Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I think you've inspired me to wear Essence tomorrow. I don't have a whole lot of wintry scents, and my options can run low during a stretch of cold weather.

I originally bought Essence intending to give it to The Boyfriend, then changed my mind and kept it for myself. That's the same thing that happened with all 5 of my bottles of Eau d'Hermes, too.
    So is the message that you really like Eau díHermes, or really donít like The Boyfriend? I kid, of course. The Mrs. Diddy has, on more than one occasion, taken that which is not hers from moi. Essence is really good in cooler weather, as I discovered today.

As a side note, I also acquired LíEau. Itís got a very distinct grapefruit not up front and Iíd suspect most folks would say it smells like Terre díHermes. And I suppose it does. At least until the drydown. Once dry, it smells like a lighter very of Essence (maybe the Cologne variant? I havenít smelled that one yet) with a lighter grapefruit note playing in the background. If anyone likes TdH but it doesnít sit just right, LíEau could be an option. Iím liking it very much as well. Why am I so late to the Declaration game? It wasnít even on my radar. Thanks again, chef!

Basenotes Plus

Xinu, huh? Sounds like a Scientology thing. But copal and mesquite sounds intriguing.
    Oh jeez, I just had such an embarrassing lightbulb moment. I realized I was confusing copal with nopal. I thought Xinu had made a perfume from those paddles that grow on nopal (prickly pear cactus), called nopales, that are used raw in Mexican salads or cooked in egg dishes. I love the green, tart smell of those things.

But no. Copal is a tree resin, burned as incense. An entirely different smell, I'm sure.

Nicely displayed
    Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    So is the message that you really like Eau díHermes, or really donít like The Boyfriend? I kid, of course.
    Third option: I'm just basically selfish.

As a side note, I also acquired LíEau. Itís got a very distinct grapefruit not up front and Iíd suspect most folks would say it smells like Terre díHermes. And I suppose it does. At least until the drydown. Once dry, it smells like a lighter very of Essence (maybe the Cologne variant? I havenít smelled that one yet) with a lighter grapefruit note playing in the background. If anyone likes TdH but it doesnít sit just right, LíEau could be an option. Iím liking it very much as well.
    Haven't tried the L'Eau, but I do own the Declaration Cologne and don't like it half as well as the the original or Essence. No grapefruit in it, none of the weight of the spices, esp. the cumin and cardamom. I'm also not crazy about the d'Un Soir flanker, but I'm in the minority on that and it's mostly just because I'm not a huge rose fan; I do concede that it's nicely made.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Vtg. Paco Rabanne pour Homme
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dependent

Basenotes Plus

Haha I have been trickling back here and there. I have been preoccupied with work and a new hobby. Growing medical marijuana. It is an awesome hobby especially if you are passionate about growing things. I just found out my brother has stage 1 lung cancer so I hope to make some MJ concentrate to send him into remission.
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Bogart Furyo today. The wifey's absolute favorite! MWHAHAHAHA
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Haha I have been trickling back here and there. I have been preoccupied with work and a new hobby. Growing medical marijuana. It is an awesome hobby especially if you are passionate about growing things. I just found out my brother has stage 1 lung cancer so I hope to make some MJ concentrate to send him into remission.
    So very sorry to read that your brother has lung cancer! Wishing him nothing but the best!

My SOTD.... like a kid with a new toy, Iím again wearing Cartierís Declaration Essence. Itís completely the chefís fault!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I wish you all the best with that endeavor, and best wishes for him too.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Moschino PH
    Currently wearing: London by Tom Ford

All Is Beautiful

Lacoste by Jean Patou EDT
    SOTM

FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

All Is Beautiful

Today's SOTD, Lacoste by Jean Patou, is from an old pre-barcode bottle, and reminds me greatly of Polo green.

Top notes are Basil, Coriander, Lavender, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Lemon and Bergamot; middle notes are Carnation, Patchouli, Cedar, Vetiver, Geranium, Heliotrope, Clary Sage and Cinnamon; base notes are Moss, Musk, Ambergris, Tonka Bean and Vanilla

Doesn't have the piney aspect quite, and is a little quieter but to my nose it is quite similar.

This is a Jean Kerleo who did Knowing by Estee Lauder, which is a favorite of mine, along with so many of the Jean Patou fragrances we all love so much.

Basenotes Plus

Syncing with Diddy in Declaration Essence to spice up a cold, windy day.

Does anybody know whether there's any difference between the red box edition and the silver box edition? Mine came in a tester box so I don't know which one I have, but I'm going to need to replace it pretty soon.

All Is Beautiful

Bogart Furyo today. The wifey's absolute favorite! MWHAHAHAHA
    I sense your wife doesn't like Furyo. What a great scent. I suggest doing a bit of research on Ray Peat as he has a lot to say about cancer that is very grounded in science and yet totally contrary to what most doctors today believe.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Davidoff is an interesting option. I don't think I've seen the Aero58 smelling notes on it yet.

I'm easing my way into my bottle, growing into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Davidoff is an interesting option. I don't think I've seen the Aero58 smelling notes on it yet.
    I have to admit that this powerhouse is right in my wheelhouse - it's like hitting a hanging curveball all the way into the upper deck! My goodness, how I dig this stuff.

Now, as far as "smelling notes", I'm not sure that I can offer in-depth details, as my fragrance knowledge/vocabulary is lacking, so I will defer to ZC's second paragraph of his review which sums it up well. But what I can do is describe the vibe that I get from it.....

The first thing I have to say is that one better be prepared upon initial application. It's like this: say you're in the dojo about to begin sparring. You think that things will start off kind of slow, sort of warm up...but that's just you - your opponent has other ideas, and is ready to go all-out immediately. Right at the outset, because you're not fully engaged yet, you get surprised with a roundhouse kick to the side of your face! Yeh, it's kind of like that - I think it must be the blast of lime, basil and artimisia that does that. (As an aside, I think I'm discovering that I'm rather fond of artimisia - I've seen it as a listed note in several other "wheelhouse" scents for me).

The rest of the ride remains bold, with noticeable tobacco and patchouli, among other things, and is perfect for dreary, wet, cold weather, like we're having today. It cuts through the dampness like a machete hacking a path through a jungle. And longevity? Longevity you ask? Don't ask, because it's forever! LOL.

Now, what does my wife think? I get the, "it smells dated" response. Translation: she doesn't like it very much. But at least I don't get the crinkled nose with recoiling head turn reaction, so I call it a win for me!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by aero58 View Post
    I have to admit that this powerhouse is right in my wheelhouse - it's like hitting a hanging curveball all the way into the upper deck! My goodness, how I dig this stuff.

Now, as far as "smelling notes", I'm not sure that I can offer in-depth details, as my fragrance knowledge/vocabulary is lacking, so I will defer to ZC's second paragraph of his review which sums it up well. But what I can do is describe the vibe that I get from it.....

The first thing I have to say is that one better be prepared upon initial application. It's like this: say you're in the dojo about to begin sparring. You think that things will start off kind of slow, sort of warm up...but that's just you - your opponent has other ideas, and is ready to go all-out immediately. Right at the outset, because you're not fully engaged yet, you get surprised with a roundhouse kick to the side of your face! Yeh, it's kind of like that - I think it must be the blast of lime, basil and artimisia that does that. (As an aside, I think I'm discovering that I'm rather fond of artimisia - I've seen it as a listed note in several other "wheelhouse" scents for me).

The rest of the ride remains bold, with noticeable tobacco and patchouli, among other things, and is perfect for dreary, wet, cold weather, like we're having today. It cuts through the dampness like a machete hacking a path through a jungle. And longevity? Longevity you ask? Don't ask, because it's forever! LOL.

Now, what does my wife think? I get the, "it smells dated" response. Translation: she doesn't like it very much. But at least I don't get the crinkled nose with recoiling head turn reaction, so I call it a win for me!
    Thanks for this! I'll try to figure out what artemisia smells like.

Page 332 of 368 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 ... LastLast