Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Latest Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gio Profondo!

Hello guys! Do you think that the new batches of Acqua di Gio Profumo can be reformulated?
    I received my new bottle, manufactured on 06.2020, but the performance looks weaker than the old bottle.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hdbox View Post
    Hello guys! Do you think that the new batches of Acqua di Gio Profumo can be reformulated?
    I received my new bottle, manufactured on 06.2020, but the performance looks weaker than the old bottle.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I don't see a logical reason for this to happen. In this perfume, there are no banned and expensive ingredients.

I prefer Profundo and Profumo best of the AdG products. Bottle worthy on both! I can not handle Instinct at all - bad reaction to the synthetic woods in that one.
    spring 2021: • orchid man • dirty ginger • sun song louis vuitton • strangers oliver • azemour les orangers • parasite • frapin l'humaniste • aesop hywyl • dirty lavender • tzora 2020 • smoke show • byredo la botte • fougere platine tom ford • dirty grass • orage • ombre nomad

Profundo is not bad either, but I prefer Profumo. So I want to know what happened and which batch I need to look for to get the same feeling as the older editions.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I prefer Profundo and Profumo best of the AdG products. Bottle worthy on both! I can not handle Instinct at all - bad reaction to the synthetic woods in that one.
    If you had to pick just one of these two, which one would you go for?

I bought a new bottle of Profumo in May or June last year (2020) and i have had no issues with longevity or performance in any way.

Back on topic, I think one similar scent to Profondo that makes use of amber wood and other synthetics is John Varvatos Vintage. I much prefer it to Profondo, but Profumo is still my favourite pick from the AdG line.

There's a new Profondo flanker out there, called Acqua di Gio Profondo Lights, probably a limited edition?

https://www.armanibeauty.de/dufte/he...CES_HIM_GA_ADG

(you could use Google Translate, unfortunately it's not listed yet on the US website)

Screenshot_2021-03-18 Acqua Di Giò Profondo Lights Eau de Parfum Armani beauty.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-18 Acqua Di Giò Profondo Lights Eau de Parfum Armani beauty(1).jpg

I think the bottle looks great!

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Yep, cool bottle, but good Lord. Another flanker. I feel stupid for being surprised....I guess it just feels like Profondo just came out even though I know it was a year ago.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Yep, cool bottle, but good Lord. Another flanker. I feel stupid for being surprised....I guess it just feels like Profondo just came out even though I know it was a year ago.
    To be fair, the AdG flankers are all worth the money.
    There wasn't a single really bad one.
    I find the original Profondo a bit "meh" but there are far worse designer releases out there.
    And maybe I'll like the Profondo Lights better - so I do really appreciate that there's a new release.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    To be fair, the AdG flankers are all worth the money.
    There wasn't a single really bad one.
    I find the original Profondo a bit "meh" but there are far worse designer releases out there.
    And maybe I'll like the Profondo Lights better - so I do really appreciate that there's a new release.
    I can give you that. I like them all.....and while I still like it, Absolu was disappointing.

I can give you that. I like them all.....and while I still like it, Absolu was disappointing.
    Absolu is probably the one which is the least similar to the OG ADG.
    I can see why people who like the OG don't care for it - but it's well put together and better than most other Invictus-like releases.

The only one that I really found redundant was the AdG Profumo Special Blend which to me smelled a little bit odd with that piney notes. I much prefered the original Profumo - but there are people out there who like Special Blend better, so it has it's place.

I’ve been on the fence about buying Profondo, I think I’m just going to stick with Chanel BDC gets the job done just fine.

Absolu is probably the one which is the least similar to the OG ADG.
    I can see why people who like the OG don't care for it - but it's well put together and better than most other Invictus-like releases.

The only one that I really found redundant was the AdG Profumo Special Blend which to me smelled a little bit odd with that piney notes. I much prefered the original Profumo - but there are people out there who like Special Blend better, so it has it's place.
    Piney notes? Hmm, interesting. I might like that....I think it's the only one I've not tried. Maybe I did, but it came and went so fast here that I barely remember it on the shelves.

Piney notes? Hmm, interesting. I might like that....I think it's the only one I've not tried. Maybe I did, but it came and went so fast here that I barely remember it on the shelves.
    Yes, Armani said they used a different kind of patchouli but what I've got was a weird pine smell on top and a certain "christmas tree" reminiscence, which just didn't fit to the aquatic notes.
    I did several A/B comparisons because I really thought about buying a lot of bottles and it was a limited edition so it was clear that it goes up in price.
    I could have bought it dirt cheap but to my surprise I really disliked the way it smelled. Tried 2 different batches of Special Blend and I liked the original AdG Profumo much better, because it was just fresher and better blended.

Oh and talking about AdG Profumo - maybe I'll start a new thread on BN because there are plenty of rumours about reformulation etc. - I could clear things up as I also have brand new 2021 batches here.

Oh and talking about AdG Profumo - maybe I'll start a new thread on BN because there are plenty of rumours about reformulation etc. - I could clear things up as I also have brand new 2021 batches here.
    Just for the record - here's the thread: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...-Reformulation

Loving my new bottle of Profondo! Great summer aquatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Loving my new bottle of Profondo! Great summer aquatic.
    I still haven’t checked this one out, does it resemble the original a lot or does it do it’s own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I still haven’t checked this one out, does it resemble the original a lot or does it do it’s own thing?
    It’s own thing mostly. It’s closest match is Profumo.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    It’s own thing mostly.
    Agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think it's a step towards those "blue" fragrances (YSL Y, BdC, Sauvage etc.) and has a certain "showergel" vibe. I also get some sort of a hey like note in the drydown. Maybe it's the kind of lavender they use.

Basenotes Plus

It's kind of like AdG Absolu mixed with.. D&G Light Blue or Polo Blue or AHS, etc. It's quite good.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Basenotes Plus

I dont like it. Smells like eggs in the mid.

If they didnt use the ehg smell i like the rest, but it dominates the mid, just like Essenza.

I think this smells closest to Essenza of anything Ive tried. Its like an Essenza flanker, with some Profumo incense and a mandarin top.
    I smell.

Basenotes Plus

Eggs? As in sulphurous?
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I dont like it. Smells like eggs in the mid.

If they didnt use the ehg smell i like the rest, but it dominates the mid, just like Essenza.

I think this smells closest to Essenza of anything Ive tried. Its like an Essenza flanker, with some Profumo incense and a mandarin top.
    Hmm, I wonder if it’s a skin thing I usually spray clothing I wonder if the egg smell would still be there either way it sounds decent might pick up a bottle. The incense grates at my nose in Profumo and I always wanna spray a lil more 5 sprays instead of 4 and it was a nightmare with 5 sprays just went overbearing bummed me out.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum
    Salvatore Ferragamo F Pour Homme Black

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    Eggs? As in sulphurous?
    Eh. Like cooked eggs. Some of the DG Light Blue flankers have it too, i think Sun maybe. Im sure its some sort of chemical that is dolloped in fresh aquatics to make them thicker and last a bit more, but it stinks to me.

Hmm, I wonder if it’s a skin thing I usually spray clothing I wonder if the egg smell would still be there either way it sounds decent might pick up a bottle. The incense grates at my nose in Profumo and I always wanna spray a lil more 5 sprays instead of 4 and it was a nightmare with 5 sprays just went overbearing bummed me out.
    The incense in Profumo doesnt bother me, but i totally can see how it could. Its pretty present and synthetic. Its toned down in Profondo. It might be a skin thing. It was my initial reaction, then when i bought the new polo they threw in a bunch of samples of it. I keep wanting to like it, that mandarin opening is nice. It smells really good, but that smell of whatever chemical takes over in the mid every time. Dang near scrubber in the mid on my skin. It might be my skin, or maybe just different perceptions of noses.
    I smell.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Eh. Like cooked eggs. Some of the DG Light Blue flankers have it too, i think Sun maybe. Im sure its some sort of chemical that is dolloped in fresh aquatics to make them thicker and last a bit more, but it stinks to me.

The incense in Profumo doesnt bother me, but i totally can see how it could. Its pretty present and synthetic. Its toned down in Profondo. It might be a skin thing. It was my initial reaction, then when i bought the new polo they threw in a bunch of samples of it. I keep wanting to like it, that mandarin opening is nice. It smells really good, but that smell of whatever chemical takes over in the mid every time. Dang near scrubber in the mid on my skin. It might be my skin, or maybe just different perceptions of noses.
    Did you buy a big bottle of Profondo?
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme

Guys, can you say something about that?
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...=1#post5156943

Guys, can you say something about that?
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...=1#post5156943
    Odd doesn’t seem right I’d call Giorgio Armani and check authenticity.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme

Yes, I wrote an email to Armani earlier in the day. Eventually I can get an answer within 24 hours.

From other sources I learned that it often happens some batch codes do not fall into the database of verification sites, especially if the perfumes are new editions with new batch codes. Otherwise, all other distinctive features look normal. Hardly anyone who has decided to make a fake will make an exact copy of the box, the bottle and the fragrance, but will fail to copy the correct batch code. In addition, Notino sells only original products. I have more than 50 items of them, so far I have no problems.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast