Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Balenciaga Pour Homme is a masterpiece

As a big fan of Lapidus Ph, I bought a mini a lot of years ago and although I liked it, I thought It wasn't worth a purchase at full retail price (the seller was asking for something like US$ 70-80 at that time). Really nice sweet powdery drydown despite of its strange starting notes. But I just thought I was good with other "sweet powdered" old school fragrances as Chanel pour monsieur concentree, Roccobarocco pour homme, Santos, Versus Uomo and Ungaro II.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    As a big fan of Lapidus Ph, I bought a mini a lot of years ago and although I liked it, I thought It wasn't worth a purchase at full retail price (the seller was asking for something like US$ 70-80 at that time). Really nice sweet powdery drydown despite of its strange starting notes. But I just thought I was good with other "sweet powdered" old school fragrances as Chanel pour monsieur concentree, Roccobarocco pour homme, Santos, Versus Uomo and Ungaro II.
    Thank you for mentioning similar drydown fragrances; I'll chase & check them !
    Currently wearing: Portos by Balenciaga

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sté View Post
    Thank you for mentioning similar drydown fragrances; I'll chase & check them !
    You're welcome! Of course, they are all unique fragrances despite of sharing a common sweet powdered drydown. Ungaro II, for example, mixes the sweet powder with a sour-citrusy old school accord and so on...For a fresher take (although yet old school), try Boucheron pour homme EDT.

You're welcome! Of course, they are all unique fragrances despite of sharing a common sweet powdered drydown. Ungaro II, for example, mixes the sweet powder with a sour-citrusy old school accord and so on...For a fresher take (although yet old school), try Boucheron pour homme EDT.
    I usually don't like very much citrusy "clean" openings, like Eau Sauvage; I far prefer "dirty citrus" or citrus on steroďds, so to say, like Bugatti. But even when I dislike some new scent, it's not a loss of time, to me, because I've learned something new !

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Sté View Post
    I usually don't like very much citrusy "clean" openings, like Eau Sauvage; I far prefer "dirty citrus" or citrus on steroďds, so to say, like Bugatti. But even when I dislike some new scent, it's not a loss of time, to me, because I've learned something new !
    Have you ever tried Fendi Uomo? I think you'll find this "dirty citrus" opening you are fond of!

Have you ever tried Fendi Uomo? I think you'll find this "dirty citrus" opening you are fond of!
    Yes, indeed !

Get ysl pour homme for dirty citrus imo

Quote Originally Posted by relus View Post
    Thank you for the advice; I'll check it out !

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by relus View Post

Copy that.

Another great "dirty citrus" is Monsieur Rochas. Best part of all, (vintage) EDC acts like modern day "thin" EDT.
    Currently wearing: Globe by Rochas