Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Future of Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    so the new fragrance is a flanker of interlude? what is the new perfumes name? is this the first flanker amouage has done?
    Hello, yes: this is technically a flanker of Interlude man, it is called Interlude Black Iris.
    If you don’t consider the extraits of the EDPs or Salalah (that came in two versions), this can be considered as the first Amouage flanker, indeed.
    It felt appropriate to offer our clients a creation that would not be too directional in this period of creative Interlude before the first completely new fragrances (that will be part of the new direction of the house and come out at the end of the year).

If the world endures until there, lets see... Renaissance couldn’t be a more appropriate name...
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Carioca by Granado

Quote Originally Posted by rsalmon View Post
    the first completely new fragrances (that will be part of the new direction of the house and come out at the end of the year).
    thankyou

can you tell us more about the 'new direction' the house is going to take,will longstanding fans of amouage be pleased with the new direction?
    “All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." -

saying of the prophet muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in what is known as the farewell sermon.

thankyou

can you tell us more about the 'new direction' the house is going to take,will longstanding fans of amouage be pleased with the new direction?
    Yes of course. Don't expect a complete 180 move or some kind of "total re-boot". I think that longstanding fans should not be lost. Here are a few of the elements:
    - The narrative will evolve as, in the last years, it had become quite autobiographical.
    - The fragrances in the work are, for most, going back to the roots of the brand, in a way. We are working on relatively rich, textured blends - for some slightly forceful. We have seen that Overture and Rose Incense have been very well received and, in my opinion, they have that signature that gave Amouage some of its uniqueness. We are also bringing back some of the inspiration (and ingredients directions) to Oman.
    - The creative process with the perfumers and craftsmen will be more open and transparent.
    I hope that it makes sense and helps to understand where Amouage is going!

ok thanks

and possibly the most important question of the day : how the beep did opus X get the green light; onto store shelves and ultimately stuck up unsuspecting buying publics nostrils? surely this is the ultimate social distancing scent.
    “All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." -

saying of the prophet muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in what is known as the farewell sermon.

Haha - Opus X is certainly very diverse. I love it although my work colleges would probably rather the bottle were smashed into a million pieces.

Renaud - thanks for coming on here and sharing these details with us all. Amouage is my favourite perfume brand so it’s great to be able to read updates from you and see how transparent you’re being with whats going on behind the scenes. Fantastic to hear you’re going back to the roots of what made Amouage great.

Should we expect overture woman soon or will the interlude flanker be the next release?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminjamesdoughty View Post
    Haha - Opus X is certainly very diverse. I love it although my work colleges would probably rather the bottle were smashed into a million pieces.

Renaud - thanks for coming on here and sharing these details with us all. Amouage is my favourite perfume brand so it’s great to be able to read updates from you and see how transparent you’re being with whats going on behind the scenes. Fantastic to hear you’re going back to the roots of what made Amouage great.

Should we expect overture woman soon or will the interlude flanker be the next release?

Thanks again
    Overture woman should be released slightly after Interlude Black Iris if all goes well with logistics etc. The first batch of the fragrance will soon be put in maturation. So, most probably, at some point in July / August / September. It will be an Harrods exclusive. Once it will be available at Harrods, we should be able to make Overture Man available in our network of own Amouage boutiques around the world.

NB: apologies for the “cautious wording” (“should”, “if all goes well” etc) but this is the current reality with global logistics and store opening uncertainties.

Hi all,
    My name is Renaud. 6 months ago, I left New York and moved to Muscat to embark on such a special journey with Amouage.
    Oman is an amazing country and the Amouage perfume factory is probably the dream place of a lot of perfume enthusiasts. People are skilled and highly positive.
    It's an honour to be given the chance to continue the story... Together with the perfumers and everyone working on the brand, we have been quite busy and things are getting real: we have a new fragrance currently in maturation. Now, things have slowed down given the context and I thought that I would finally comment on this tread. This might be a good time to talk about the future or answer broader Amouage-related questions. Let me know?
    Hi Renaud!

Can you give us some information on how Amouage Renaissance Man will look/smell like?

Regards, Wouter

Basenotes Junkie

ok thanks

and possibly the most important question of the day : how the beep did opus X get the green light; onto store shelves and ultimately stuck up unsuspecting buying publics nostrils? surely this is the ultimate social distancing scent.
    Opus X, the BEST of the Library Collection. My most worn Opus. A nuanced rose powerhouse. Entertaining to wear and to read views on. My spouse has the same question about V and IX and her nose curls to X. Crowd pleasers they are not. Re-marketed as an SD scent it might go over better for more folks given the state of the world. Amouage could provide branded masks to future buyers...

Dependent

What exactly is the deal with finding Reflection man? It’s almost impossible to find discounted. It used to be pretty available for $100 and I never picked up a bottle. Maybe the pandemic causing supply issues?
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by guitarphil View Post
    What exactly is the deal with finding Reflection man? It’s almost impossible to find discounted. It used to be pretty available for $100 and I never picked up a bottle. Maybe the pandemic causing supply issues?
    Hello Guitarphil, for the past year, with a new management team in place, Amouage has been really serious about controlling production and distribution and has stopped relationships with partners who were suspected to be involved in discounting.

Blog Entries

Thats quite a bombshell! Those discounters gave Amouage huge exposure and market share that allowed sales at full RRP. If Amouage wants to engage the online market, I don’t think stopping discounters is the way to do it. Full RRP requires a big investment in service, fitouts and “extras” to provide the required luxury experience. You can’t just stick a $260 bottle of Reflection In a cardboard box and send it out.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Amouage has been really serious about controlling production and distribution and has stopped relationships with partners who were suspected to be involved in discounting.
    Rsalmon, please stop controlling them for few month until I buy discounted Overture and Interlude Black Iris.
    I'll let you know when I get them.
    Thank you!
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Thats quite a bombshell! Those discounters gave Amouage huge exposure and market share that allowed sales at full RRP. If Amouage wants to engage the online market, I don’t think stopping discounters is the way to do it. Full RRP requires a big investment in service, fitouts and “extras” to provide the required luxury experience. You can’t just stick a $260 bottle of Reflection In a cardboard box and send it out.
    It is an interesting point of view. All I can say, is that it is a decision and also a commitment to be (and become even more) special (those "extras" that you mention). It might sound cliche, but we really want Amouage to be exquisite, generous with high levels of quality and professionalism through the entire manufacturing and commercialization process. I want to be able to surprise clients who purchase on official websites or in boutiques with extra little attentions, I want a human person to answer as many requests as possible, authenticate products, guarantee unconditional return for any defect.

It is part of a bigger philosophy of the house to reduce outsourcing, select and partner better with suppliers, distributors etc - while at the same time being in touch with the fragrance community and understanding (and proposing an answer to) the reality of what is going on (discounters, second-hand, decants/splits, clones etc).

I hope this explains a bit. Things will take some time, you might still be able to find some fragrances at a discount but this is where Amouage is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Rsalmon, please stop controlling them for few month until I buy discounted Overture and Interlude Black Iris.
    Thank you!
    Emanuel76: Keep me posted!

Basenotes Junkie

Locally Opus X, among others from the collection, just went up in price by as much as $116.00 at a retailer who already sold at full retail. Now I understand... get 50 ml for the old price of 100, give or take. I understand a desire to protect prices and provide services but I am at a loss as to what that $116 is going to get me that wasn't provided before. The answer is assuredly not in the above posts. Having heavily supported the brand I am not feeling any love in return...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Thank you!
    Black Iris is in stock locally and I was waiting for Overture to come in to place my order for both - at full retail no less. Seeing what they have done to the full retail prices I am moving past Amouage. Those bucks will be spent on Hiram Green and Andy Tauer today. I wish Amouage well but this collectors collection will be ending one short of two dozen...

has stopped relationships with partners who were suspected to be involved in discounting.
    I hope you understand that vertical price fixing (eg. setting minimum prices for resellers) is illegal in the European Union.

stuff like this: https://retailinasia.com/uncategoriz...-price-fixing/

https://www.concurrences.com/en/bull...aintenance-en/

All about the masculines.

While a nice house I enjoy buying at a discounted price when available. I don’t have any desire to pay full retail though and if it ends up that way I will move onto another house, with reformulations and some a shadow of what they were I don’t see the value in full retail just my opinion.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Future of Amouage seems like a catchy bold name for their next release, blindbuy worthy even:

L'avenir d'Amouage

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

It is an interesting point of view. All I can say, is that it is a decision and also a commitment to be (and become even more) special (those "extras" that you mention). It might sound cliche, but we really want Amouage to be exquisite, generous with high levels of quality and professionalism through the entire manufacturing and commercialization process. I want to be able to surprise clients who purchase on official websites or in boutiques with extra little attentions, I want a human person to answer as many requests as possible, authenticate products, guarantee unconditional return for any defect.

It is part of a bigger philosophy of the house to reduce outsourcing, select and partner better with suppliers, distributors etc - while at the same time being in touch with the fragrance community and understanding (and proposing an answer to) the reality of what is going on (discounters, second-hand, decants/splits, clones etc).

I hope this explains a bit. Things will take some time, you might still be able to find some fragrances at a discount but this is where Amouage is going.
    I understand both points of view and the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Brands that aggressively protect their price point and keep all distribution in-house (i.e. Chanel) obviously are still profitable, but they're usually also a lot bigger scale-wise than niche brands like Amouage, and the price points they're protecting are still flouted now and then when discounters get liquidation stock (which is legal).

In the end, it's called "the gray market" for a reason, and not even Chanel or the notoriously litigious Bond No.9 can legally strongarm all stock through their official vertically-fixed channels, and being sue-happy honestly is a bad look to have (nobody talks about Bond anymore unless they're suing someone, it's never about the perfume) so all you can do is the best you can to offer something that makes it seem worthwhile to an online shopper to buy from your site at full price versus whatever sales are being run at a discounter or eBay listing.

A good example of that would be how MFK and Diptyque keep some (usually older) scents exclusive to their boutiques and website, or offer free sample of what you just purchased so you can try the sample without opening the box if you can't test it otherwise. Exclusive accessory products like matching aftershave, soap, all that (like Caswell-Massey) also sweeten the deal for shopping with you versus a discounter.

In the end, it's the shopping experience or use of the product that often justifies luxury, not the the composition of the product itself, so if you want to fixed MSRP and remove sale prices, you have to do something more than just offer a fancy bottle and promises of quality contained therein.

I see brands like Royal Crown which do only that, and they get a tiny bit of traction, but not nearly like what Amouage gets, because nobody wants to head in blind on what Royal Crown offers at their full price online (over $400) based on their claims alone, so they only do well at boutiques where sampling in person happens.

You don't want to head down a path of 100% vertical pricing and distribution control unless you have the reach, reputation, and variety of price point that brands like Chanel have, which is the only reason it works for them. You might get there someday, but with the higher-end luxury market as Amouage's target demographic (and not so much us hobbyists that scrimp, save, and look for deals), that's doubtful.
    Last edited by Zealot Crusader; 14th August 2020 at 11:25 PM.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

When will the new men's fragrance be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I understand both points of view and the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Brands that aggressively protect their price point and keep all distribution in-house (i.e. Chanel) obviously are still profitable, but they're usually also a lot bigger scale-wise than niche brands like Amouage, and the price points they're protecting are still flouted now and then when discounters get liquidation stock (which is legal).

In the end, it's called "the gray market" for a reason, and not even Chanel or the notoriously litigious Bond No.9 can legally strongarm all stock through their official vertically-fixed channels, and being sue-happy honestly is a bad look to have (nobody talks about Bond anymore unless they're suing someone, it's never about the perfume) so all you can do is the best you can to offer something that makes it seem worthwhile to an online shopper to buy from your site at full price versus whatever sales are being run at a discounter or eBay listing.

A good example of that would be how MFK and Diptyque keep some (usually older) scents exclusive to their boutiques and website, or offer free sample of what you just purchased so you can try the sample without opening the box if you can't test it otherwise. Exclusive accessory products like matching aftershave, soap, all that (like Caswell-Massey) also sweeten the deal for shopping with you versus a discounter.

In the end, it's the shopping experience or use of the product that often justifies luxury, not the the composition of the product itself, so if you want to fixed MSRP and remove sale prices, you have to do something more than just offer a fancy bottle and promises of quality contained therein.

I see brands like Royal Crown which do only that, and they get a tiny bit of traction, but not nearly like what Amouage gets, because nobody wants to head in blind on what Royal Crown offers at their full price online (over $400) based on their claims alone, so they only do well at boutiques where sampling in person happens.

You don't want to head down a path of 100% vertical pricing and distribution control unless you have the reach, reputation, and variety of price point that brands like Chanel have, which is the only reason it works for them. You might get there someday, but with the higher-end luxury market as Amouage's target demographic (and not so much us hobbyists that scrimp, save, and look for deals), that's doubtful.
    This is very well articulated and I agree with it. I think that Amouage needs both the hobbyist and the higher end luxury market and we will need to find the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    When will the new men's fragrance be released?
    Something brand new is coming in just less than a month.

Thsnks!

I think that longstanding fans should not be lost.
    waiting/ hoping for some serious leather !

I know you had previously mentioned something about Amouage returning to its heritage in future releases - any thoughts of ever producing some of the attar fragrances in EDP format? I'm unsure if there's something between the formulations that wouldn't transfer, but I think that would a) definitely harken to its heritage b) provide an outlet for a global audience who are craving those scents who could otherwise not get them c) scratch a) - it would make a nice tribute to the heritage to see Tribute in EDP form and I'm sure a lot of other people would feel the same.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Basenotes Member

Any chance of new fragrances based on the attar collections that are not available in the West? I guess the attars won't be sold outside the Gulf region, so maybe developping EDP versions of some of them?

someone posted this is a FB group awhile ago
    FB_IMG_1598303214329.jpg
    Currently wearing: Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    someone posted this is a FB group awhile ago
    FB_IMG_1598303214329.jpg
    Ooohh! Those look good! Enclave, Crimson Rocks.... What are the names of the others? I can't really read them i my small screen .

Interested in Enclave. Based on the bottle color and name it seems to be some sort of forestry mossy green fragrance; an enclave in the woods.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast