Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 79

Thread: Anonim

  1. #31
    Basenotes Plus
    bklow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by 24 Faubourg View Post
    Wearing Silver today and it's absolutely fantastic.

    This was the one I was most hesitant about but it's so unlike anything I own and such an amazing fragrance especially when it settles on your skin. Really glad I bought the set of these three.
    I'm happy with the longevity of silver. I did one spray to each side of my neck 7.5 hours ago. It's not projecting at this point, but every time I move around I get nice whiffs of it.
    Last edited by bklow; 7th August 2020 at 08:04 PM.

  2. #32
    Wandering and Smelly
    Fragrant Vagrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    not known at this time
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Some people think it's Russian Adam but I have strong reason to believe they are wrong.
    I'm curious, what is your strong reason?
    If you can smell me you're too close.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    Does anyone have any guesses on who the perfumer is?
    Everyone thinks Russian Adam but I have not tested any Anonim. I think the reason everyone says RA is because the website was listed and registered to him or ALD in some way. This makes me beleive it’s quite possibly Dmitry Bortnikoff or maybe a collaboration between the two.

  4. #34
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Everyone thinks Russian Adam but I have not tested any Anonim. I think the reason everyone says RA is because the website was listed and registered to him or ALD in some way. This makes me beleive it’s quite possibly Dmitry Bortnikoff or maybe a collaboration between the two.
    I was thinking it was going to be a more well known perfumer based on the press release. I guess Russian Adam and Dmitry Bortnikoff are well known. But then again, I hadn't heard of either until I read your post .

  5. #35

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Some people think it's Russian Adam but I have strong reason to believe they are wrong.
    I’d be interested to hear your reasoning! Aside from the website being registered to Russian Adam, I think the black smells quite a bit like his work and the Silver smells like it falls somewhere between him and Bortnikoff. The gold didn’t necessarily smell like it was him or not him.

    Obviously this is all IMO only.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

  6. #36
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Jokes on everyone it’s Ensar
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  7. #37

    Default Re: Anonim

    How do you know?

  8. #38
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    I didn't even realize this mystery nose thing was this line's gimmick since I bought it in person after testing, so while I'm curious about the nose, it doesn't matter to me who made them.

    But what's the deal with Ensar? I don't know much about him/his work.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  9. #39
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by 24 Faubourg View Post
    I didn't even realize this mystery nose thing was this line's gimmick since I bought it in person after testing, so while I'm curious about the nose, it doesn't matter to me who made them.

    But what's the deal with Ensar? I don't know much about him/his work.
    Oh it’s not Ensar. That was literally a terrible joke on my part. Ensar’s ego is too big to ever go anonymous for a perfume line let alone with synthetic ingredients however he uses the best ambergris I’ve ever smelled in a perfume and quite possibly EO1 has one of the best ambergris drydowns in the last decade.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  10. #40
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Oh it’s not Ensar. That was literally a terrible joke on my part. Ensar’s ego is too big to ever go anonymous for a perfume line let alone with synthetic ingredients however he uses the best ambergris I’ve ever smelled in a perfume and quite possibly EO1 has one of the best ambergris drydowns in the last decade.
    Oh, I figured it was a joke! It was that that made me curious. Do people dislike his fragrances around here or something? Am not very familiar with him or his work.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  11. #41
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by 24 Faubourg View Post
    Oh, I figured it was a joke! It was that that made me curious. Do people dislike his fragrances around here or something? Am not very familiar with him or his work.
    His fragrances are pretty well regarded as some of the best Oud/musk/natural perfumes in the game. It’s his Oud distillations that are legendary. He’s distilled some of the best Oud in the modern world. Started the trend of western artisans moving to exotic parts of the world and distilling Oud. Kick started the whole western obsession with hype/fomo marketing but basically has the biggest ego in perfumery so a lot of people hate him strictly for his personality and sales tactics.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  12. #42
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    His fragrances are pretty well regarded as some of the best Oud/musk/natural perfumes in the game. It’s his Oud distillations that are legendary. He’s distilled some of the best Oud in the modern world. Started the trend of western artisans moving to exotic parts of the world and distilling Oud. Kick started the whole western obsession with hype/fomo marketing but basically has the biggest ego in perfumery so a lot of people hate him strictly for his personality and sales tactics.
    Thank you for explaining! I haven't explored oud nearly as much as I should. I actually really love oud as a note but it tends to turn really sour on my skin. I hope one day I can find one or two that work for me!

    That makes sense though. I got the context of your joke and was just left wondering what exactly this guy did that would leave a negative impression, haha.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  13. #43
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    I'm happy with the longevity of silver. I did one spray to each side of my neck 7.5 hours ago. It's not projecting at this point, but every time I move around I get nice whiffs of it.
    Somehow I missed this but yes! I'm thrilled with the longevity of all. Silver is the weakest of the three in terms of projection and longevity but still lasts for quite a while. Golden lasted the entire day, only softening projection at the very end. Black I could still smell into the next morning and only came off in my morning shower.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  14. #44
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by 24 Faubourg View Post
    Thank you for explaining! I haven't explored oud nearly as much as I should. I actually really love oud as a note but it tends to turn really sour on my skin. I hope one day I can find one or two that work for me!

    That makes sense though. I got the context of your joke and was just left wondering what exactly this guy did that would leave a negative impression, haha.
    Hahah yeah Ensar’s ego is the joke! It’s like there’s no way in hell he’d ever do something and not take credit for it. BUT if this is Russian Adam these could end up being worth a lot of money one day as an investment. Once the cat is out of the bag and these sell out (assuming it is Adam) these will be precious parts of any collection.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  15. #45
    Basenotes Plus
    HabibiGotIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    BROOKLYN / NORTHSIDE CHICAGO
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Anonim

    Perfume as an investment pisses me off. Wear it or don't buy it! Lol

  16. #46
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Hahah yeah Ensar’s ego is the joke! It’s like there’s no way in hell he’d ever do something and not take credit for it. BUT if this is Russian Adam these could end up being worth a lot of money one day as an investment. Once the cat is out of the bag and these sell out (assuming it is Adam) these will be precious parts of any collection.
    I didn't even realize this anonymous perfumer concept when I bought these, just thought it was a new line. Maybe I shouldn't have tested with so many sprays each! Hahaha. But I do use all of my things even those non perfume items that are probably better off as an investment.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  17. #47
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Perfume as an investment pisses me off. Wear it or don't buy it! Lol
    FOMO and not owning the perfume is what pisses people off. If I have a bottle of perfume that in 50 years could sell for a grand or two because I kept it in great shape and loved the scent and cared for it, I could care less if I sell it and it upsets anyone.

    Scalping is a different story. But let’s face it, the only reason anyone is truly upset is because we HAVE to be told something is great before we buy it. Just like with Dixit and Zak. I called it from the beginning they’re gonna be the next hype train but since no reviews were out no one wanted to buy it. Wait till this release happens next month. It’s gonna be the new ALD
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  18. #48
    Basenotes Plus

    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    38,120

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Oh it’s not Ensar. That was literally a terrible joke on my part. Ensar’s ego is too big to ever go anonymous for a perfume line ...
    Amen!
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

    -- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Santal 33 by Le Labo

  19. #49
    Super Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Perfume as an investment pisses me off. Wear it or don't buy it! Lol
    100% dude. Another gripe i have is when you see people who just buy everything from a particular house/perfumer, regardless of smell, just so that they can have it in their 'collection'.

    These people are not fragrance enthusiasts IMO, but addicts with an obsession to collect/hoard pretty things so they can show it off to anyone who gives a S***.They're often people with deeper lying issues which they try to cover through materialism.

  20. #50
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,486

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Everyone thinks Russian Adam but I have not tested any Anonim. I think the reason everyone says RA is because the website was listed and registered to him or ALD in some way. This makes me beleive it’s quite possibly Dmitry Bortnikoff or maybe a collaboration between the two.
    Not in "some way" it was registered to Adam's name with the same hosting service as ALD, nothing to do with Dmitry whatsoever.

  21. #51
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,486

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    100% dude. Another gripe i have is when you see people who just buy everything from a particular house/perfumer, regardless of smell, just so that they can have it in their 'collection'.

    These people are not fragrance enthusiasts IMO, but addicts with an obsession to collect/hoard pretty things so they can show it off to anyone who gives a S***.They're often people with deeper lying issues which they try to cover through materialism.
    Spot on!

  22. #52
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    100% dude. Another gripe i have is when you see people who just buy everything from a particular house/perfumer, regardless of smell, just so that they can have it in their 'collection'.

    These people are not fragrance enthusiasts IMO, but addicts with an obsession to collect/hoard pretty things so they can show it off to anyone who gives a S***.They're often people with deeper lying issues which they try to cover through materialism.


    Yep this is such a weird aspect of hoarding. Which it’s DEFINITELY hoarding. I’m not a huge fan of fecal ambergris so I’ll sit out on these anonims but Silver sounds nice. Honestly fragrance collections for the sake of a collection is strange to me. But it’s a reality here that as soon as people find out if this is Russian Adam these will be worth money.

    The few people I’ve done trades with here (I only trade my “investments”) know how great it feels to be able to share with the community on products they missed out on. Not everything has to be predatory and if I buy something and don’t like it I simply trade it for other high value sold out products or I just give it away. I’m getting a feel this community has more of that going on than anything else and I love it.
    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  23. #53
    Basenotes Plus
    HabibiGotIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    BROOKLYN / NORTHSIDE CHICAGO
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Anonim

    I was being a little obnoxious in my last post. If you buy a perfume and it increases in value, you have every right to sell it and it shouldn't bother me.

    As for Anonim: I just received Silver. I see why people compare it to Baikal Gris, there is some similarity. However, they are quite different. Silver is more spicy and citrus. In fact, it is a dead ringer, for me, of TRNP's Bulgakov, which I also own. At this point, I'm not sure if I will keep Silver or sell it. I will, however, be buying Black and Gold because I love Ambergris, and would keep Silver if I didn't have Bulgakov (I also own Baikal Gris). I may keep Silver anyway. It's only 30ml and it's a nice perfume.

    What are Black and Gold like?

  24. #54
    Basenotes Plus
    HabibiGotIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    BROOKLYN / NORTHSIDE CHICAGO
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Anonim

    Sorry - had to add this b/c I just saw it on Fragrantica when I went to look up Silver's notes to compare them to Bulgakov:

    "Often I come here to ascertain a bottle's worthiness. If Martini says no, then, sadly, I am going to bet on his word over someone elses. And, should it be Russian Adam's work, then of course I would buy it - just to have in my collection.

    Looking to buy a bottle now. I guess."

    This reviewer refers to another user's review - which was entirely negative, and one which this reviewer would normally rely - and then goes to say that despite this, he will buy it because he believes it to be Russian Adam's work. See, that is the bogus BS I was talking about. The one reviewer he normally trusts says that it isn't bottle worthy, and then because he believes its related to Areej, dude (let's be real, it is 90% a dude) needs to have it. What a joke!

    Apologies if I'm offending anyone. If you are this reviewer, don't take it personally, we are only talking about whale vomit.

  25. #55
    Dependent 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    I was being a little obnoxious in my last post. If you buy a perfume and it increases in value, you have every right to sell it and it shouldn't bother me.

    As for Anonim: I just received Silver. I see why people compare it to Baikal Gris, there is some similarity. However, they are quite different. Silver is more spicy and citrus. In fact, it is a dead ringer, for me, of TRNP's Bulgakov, which I also own. At this point, I'm not sure if I will keep Silver or sell it. I will, however, be buying Black and Gold because I love Ambergris, and would keep Silver if I didn't have Bulgakov (I also own Baikal Gris). I may keep Silver anyway. It's only 30ml and it's a nice perfume.

    What are Black and Gold like?
    Black is fantastic. Dark chocolate, incense, reisins. It's the heaviest in my opinion and while I wouldn't call it a gourmand, the dark chocolate and smoke note are prominent. Longest lasting on my skin.

    Golden is most animalic of the bunch with some well done leather. If you like animalics, this is for you. Also pretty long lasting.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

  26. #56
    Super Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    I was being a little obnoxious in my last post. If you buy a perfume and it increases in value, you have every right to sell it and it shouldn't bother me.


    Oh for sure, I'm fine with that too.

    I was referring more to scalpers who ruin the experience for genuine fragrance enthusiasts, as their sole motive for buying is to make extortionate levels of profit rather than appreciating the scent.If these niche houses were making limited release bottles by their thousands and satisfied the demand of those who want to buy it for personal use first, then it probably wouldn't bother me so much if people bought it for business purposes/investment.

  27. #57

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    [/B]

    Oh for sure, I'm fine with that too.

    I was referring more to scalpers who ruin the experience for genuine fragrance enthusiasts, as their sole motive for buying is to make extortionate levels of profit rather than appreciating the scent.If these niche houses were making limited release bottles by their thousands and satisfied the demand of those who want to buy it for personal use first, then it probably wouldn't bother me so much if people bought it for business purposes/investment.
    The only one who should be pissed off by scalpers is the perfumer or the brand, since both the hype and mistery decline with time due to that, which is the current case of ALD. But you? What bothers you if you don’t buy them?

    As for who is and who is not a true fragrance enthusiast, and why people buy fragrances and which are their existential voids, something written by you in other post, you should be cautious, even more so if you have been in the world of perfumery for a short period, which I don’t know but could explain your very basic and monolithic position and that your collection is maybe smaller than the ones owned by long-term connoisseurs or by those who simply prefer fragrances to, for example, prayers to just smile every morning.

    We all are people from the first world, or with first world resources, espending hundreds if not thousands just in fragrances. Then art. Then tech. Then clothes. We're not poor enthusiasts in the need of any compassion or protection.

  28. #58

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Not in "some way" it was registered to Adam's name with the same hosting service as ALD, nothing to do with Dmitry whatsoever.
    Right. So, “in some way”. Although this doesn’t link directly to Dmitry, it’s not too much of a leap to wonder if the business partner may also be the perfumer or at the very least collaborated together...just to see how people accept it blindly. It could be that Dmitry made silver, Adam made black and collaborated together with Gold. Or something similar. Not that it matters really. The fragrance is what it is and you either connect with it or you don’t. Doesn’t really matter who made it.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Anonim

    Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    I was being a little obnoxious in my last post. If you buy a perfume and it increases in value, you have every right to sell it and it shouldn't bother me.

    As for Anonim: I just received Silver. I see why people compare it to Baikal Gris, there is some similarity. However, they are quite different. Silver is more spicy and citrus. In fact, it is a dead ringer, for me, of TRNP's Bulgakov, which I also own. At this point, I'm not sure if I will keep Silver or sell it. I will, however, be buying Black and Gold because I love Ambergris, and would keep Silver if I didn't have Bulgakov (I also own Baikal Gris). I may keep Silver anyway. It's only 30ml and it's a nice perfume.

    What are Black and Gold like?
    Interesting, I didn’t get much crossover from these two. Not just because one has Oud and the other has Ambergris —- I found silver very tropical and salty, whereas Bulgakhov seemed like Anise and foresty. But I know you said you found Bulgakhov sweet. Which I didn’t get a lot of sweetness. I wonder if we have different batches of Bulg.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

  30. #60
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    322,920

    Default Re: Anonim

    Since posting back in February, have tried all three. Found them pleasant but nothing especially appealing for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000