Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anonim

Default Anonim

A set of fragrances named Ambergris Gold, Silver And Black have just been listed on Luckyscent under the brand Anonim.
    From Luckyscent:
    "A well-known perfumer launched the new brand Anonim, daring himself to remain anonymous and challenging his audience to perceive the aromatic creations as they are, free from any bias or comparisons to his previous works. He encourages those experiencing his newest olfactory creations to enjoy and appraise them solely on their own merits. Is it possible to allow oneself to be absorbed by the beauty and nuances of a scent without knowing the identity of the designer? Do you want to find out? Let’s don our masks and play this lovely game together."

They are all 30ml and are noted as follows:

Black Ambergris

The Scoop
    Black Ambergris is an enveloping fragrance that builds off the natural depth and velvety texture of natural ambergris to present the luxurious ambience of an exclusive private lounge. Sumptuously rich and intoxicating notes of dark chocolate, balsamic resins, and smoothly smoky incense give a feeling of enveloping serenity, while the elegance of black ambergris, chosen for its almost gourmand-adjacent sweetness, evokes the mouthwatering, deeply warming sensations of a perfectly crafted bespoke cocktail. It's a fragrance of comfort and sophistication in equal measure, an unforgettable night out with no expense spared. Discover the seductive satisfaction of Black Ambergris.

Black Ambergris Notes
    Dark chocolate, incense, black ambergris, resins, balsam

Silver Ambegris

The Scoop
    This perfume captures the atmosphere of a deserted island gleaming in the sparkling mist of warm ocean waters heated by the mid-day sun. Revealed upon approach is an enchanted landscape: a whole isle covered with dense, emerald green, fantastically-shaped, entangled trees, their crowns sprinkled with flowers that fill the air with an intoxicating, mystic blossom bouquet.

Silver Ambergris Notes
    tropical flowers and spicy citruses, silver ambergris, woods and moss

Golden Ambergris

The Scoop
    Here we have a very provocative aroma with a distinctive accent of powerful animal magnetism; a concoction of scents that is reminiscent of exclusive leather goods. Golden Ambergris flatters strong, confident and enigmatic personalities enjoying luxurious surroundings (the very clientele for which it was created).

Golden Ambergris Notes
    Leather, orris, sandalwood, spices, white ambergris, gold ambergris
    YT: Jess AndWesH

Default Re: Anonim

I’m intrigued to try a sample. Maybe we ought to start a pass if your initial appraisal is positive?
    Currently wearing: Carduus by Jorum Studio

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    I’m intrigued to try a sample. Maybe we ought to start a pass if your initial appraisal is positive?
    I'd love to try them as well.
    I haven't bought anything as of yet - I have just noticed the brand's appearance and thought it worthwhile to start a thread for.

Sounds interesting, and the prices aren't too extravagent either.

Here's their link: https://anonimparfum.com/why-anonim/

Any guesses on the perfumer? Has to be someone who considers themselves well-known enough to merit the concept.

I have a sample of the silver, and currently smelling the gold one on a strip.

The whole line is very nice.
    Silver smells like an oceanic fougere. Similar to MDCI BdT.
    The ambergis is salty and takes the front stage. I'm not getting any shaving cream/ barbershop elements per say, but It has that vibe.

Gold is a lot more Animalic, but very well blended and not too pungent. It's a salty leather against a tame mild orris.
    Slightly similar to areej WP2 in its ambergis character
    Food Instagram: @Jeweats
    Fragrance Instagram: @ScentBarNYC
    Currently wearing: Overture by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Any guesses on the perfumer? Has to be someone who considers themselves well-known enough to merit the concept.
    Unless they never plan on revealing that information, in which case it is likely to be a stunt.

Last edited by thebeck; 22nd February 2020 at 01:44 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Appreciate the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    I have a sample of the silver, and currently smelling the gold one on a strip.

The whole line is very nice.
    Silver smells like an oceanic fougere. Similar to MDCI BdT.
    The ambergis is salty and takes the front stage. I'm not getting any shaving cream/ barbershop elements per say, but It has that vibe.

Gold is a lot more Animalic, but very well blended and not too pungent. It's a salty leather against a tame mild orris.
    Slightly similar to areej WP2 in its ambergis character
    Can you please share if these smell natural or they do have synthetic backbone? Thank you

Basenotes Plus

Here's some info regarding Anonim from Daver of You Tube.

Can you send perfume, by mail, without having shipping information correlating it's whereabouts ?
    I don't know myself .

You can get samples from $8 to $12 bucks at LuckyScent
    https://www.luckyscent.com/brand/844/anonim

No samples are sold directly from Anonim themselves though >
    Last edited by JBS1; 21st February 2020 at 01:04 PM. Reason: cnatspeeel

I have a sample of Black Ambergris on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Can you please share if these smell natural or they do have synthetic backbone? Thank you

Black didn't smell natural to me.

Gold and silver sort of did with its salty animalic character
    Food Instagram: @Jeweats
    Fragrance Instagram: @ScentBarNYC
    Currently wearing: Overture by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

I received samples of all three from Lucky Scent earlier today. Have been wearing Golden Ambergris for a few hours now. For the first hour or so, it was very animalic and fecal, surrounded by a sweet and creamy floral scent. At some point early on I got a lot of similarity to The Perfumist’s AMBR W - that oceanic halitosis. After that first hour, to me it smelled quite similar to Le Labo Iris 39. I think the sandalwood and orris provided a milky violet effect that tracks closely to the floral part of Iris 39, and the ambergris and whatever else is giving it that animalic quality could be compared to Iris 39’s ylang and civet. It never hit me as a leather fragrance like the description says. The first hour was pretty tough to be honest, but now that it’s a little more tame, I think it might be growing on me.
    Currently wearing: Il Dieci by Bogue Profumo

Basenotes Plus

Hmm. I’m curious to see how these compositions stack up to fragrances with genuine ambergris (grey /white).
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Anymore thoughts on these?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Luckyscent included them with my last order in addition to the samples I requested. Silver smelled the best on paper, so I put some on the back of my hand. Didn’t take me long to scrub. Ambergris is one of my favorite notes. These are harsh and synthetic to me.

Conceptually, if the line is a flop, nobody knows who did it.

Basenotes Plus

Since next-to-no-one uses (or can afford to use) actual ambergris, I'm wondering which synthetic "stuff" is currently being touted as 'ambergris.'

Anyone know?
    Currently wearing: Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Since next-to-no-one uses (or can afford to use) actual ambergris, I'm wondering which synthetic "stuff" is currently being touted as 'ambergris.'

Anyone know?
    This one claims to have 5% real ambergris, and the price isn't unreasonable.
    https://www.luckyscent.com/product/8...de-grands-crus

Basenotes Plus

I got sidetracked in my sampling and haven’t given Silver or Black a real try yet, but I plan to this weekend. In anticipation, I emailed the address on their website asking if the ambergris is real or synthetic. Here’s the response I got, which, at least for Golden Ambergris, lines up with my experience of it.

Our perfume contains both natural ambergris and non-natural ingredients.
    Actualy ambergris in perfume is used as a booster, not a separate note. Make impact on the other notes. Although despite this, our Golden Ambergris is focused precisely on the smell of ambergris itself. Thank you.
    Currently wearing: Il Dieci by Bogue Profumo

Basenotes Plus

4 months later, I've revisited these again. Golden Ambergris is still a no-go for me because I'm not really fond of leather accords. Silver Ambergris, on the other hand, I really like now. My sample vial of it changed from almost clear to a light golden color over the past 4 months. I just dumped the rest of the vial on my neck and forearms. It is like really wearable Baikal Gris to me. I think it may be my next full bottle.

The Silver is superb in my opinion. It reminds me of the mythical 2006 batch of Creed’s Feulle Verte for those that have been lucky enough to experience that scent in its original version.

Basenotes Plus

I want to try these. Besides samples from Luckyscent anyone else know where to get samples/decants?
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Silver is probably my favorite but I’d like to try golden again to give it a proper wearing. One just wasn’t enough. It didn’t seem to come together on my skin... but there were elements that I liked.
    Currently wearing: 0,7738 by Bogue Profumo

I bought a set of these today. I enjoyed them all on paper, but black was the only one I got to skin test. Gold was also nice and silver was very different from what I’d normally buy and I’m excited to try skin testing it.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage
    Currently wearing: Myths Woman by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

My full bottle of silver delivered today. Looking forward to wearing it tomorrow. I think the perfumers idea of eliminating hype certainly worked.

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    My full bottle of silver delivered today. Looking forward to wearing it tomorrow. I think the perfumers idea of eliminating hype certainly worked.
    Do you still get a Baikal Gris vibe? Would you say hot or cooler weather for silver? I always get a hot weather vibe for Baikal Gris....then cooler for the drydown, it starts off as a summer almost aquatic before it dries down to a nice warm soft fall scent with a big ambergris. I don’t get any Woods or pines like others describe.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Do you still get a Baikal Gris vibe? Would you say hot or cooler weather for silver? I always get a hot weather vibe for Baikal Gris....then cooler for the drydown, it starts off as a summer almost aquatic before it dries down to a nice warm soft fall scent with a big ambergris. I don’t get any Woods or pines like others describe.
    Yes, to me it's like a tropical version of Baikal Gris. Swap the coniferous and violet notes for spiced citrus and tropical flowers (frangipani). It must be the ambergris, sandalwood, and oakmoss that comes through like a signature DNA. I would say it's more suited for the warmer months, but I anticipate wearing it from late spring to early fall (in northeast U.S.).

I sold my bottle of Baikal Gris because although I liked it, I just don't want to smell like pine (that same fir balsam keeps me from wearing Siberian Summer).

Really glad I got a full bottle. When I go through a sample that quickly and keep going back to smell the empty vial (rarely happens for me), I know it's time to buy.

Wearing Silver today and it's absolutely fantastic.

This was the one I was most hesitant about but it's so unlike anything I own and such an amazing fragrance especially when it settles on your skin. Really glad I bought the set of these three.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage
    Currently wearing: Myths Woman by Amouage

Dependent

Does anyone have any guesses on who the perfumer is?

Basenotes Plus

Some people think it's Russian Adam but I have strong reason to believe they are wrong.