Code of Conduct

Default D.S. & Durga's Limited Edition "Jazmin Yucatan"

A new limited edition fragrance from D.S. & Durga called "Jazmin Yucatan" has caught my attention (more info here).

Has anyone heard of or tried this? A watery jasmine sounds great for warmer weather... but maybe I'm just pushing spring.

Notes breakdown from their website:

Top - water, passion flower, bergamot
    Mid - jasmine yucatero sambac, clove
    Base - snake plant, vetiver, copal

Default Re: D.S. & Durga's Limited Edition "Jazmin Yucatan"

I'm a big DSD fan, though I don't think that sentiment is shared by so many here.
    I have yet to try it, but hope to go to the store tomorrow to give it a test. I'll report back!

The *watery* part has me a little worried, but I'm very curious. Spring, indeed.

Sort of sad that it's an Opening Ceremony collab, which is going out of business

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Interesting base notes in this one!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorel View Post
    I'm a big DSD fan, though I don't think that sentiment is shared by so many here.
    I have yet to try it, but hope to go to the store tomorrow to give it a test. I'll report back!

The *watery* part has me a little worried, but I'm very curious. Spring, indeed.

Sort of sad that it's an Opening Ceremony collab, which is going out of business
    I'm with you! Of the array of larger-scale niche companies (Byredo, DS & Durga, Tiziana Tirenzi, etc. etc.), I am consistently more impressed with Durga. I own a full bottle of Burning Barbershop and adore it.

Thank you for being the brave one to venture to the store - I really want this one to be good and look forward to your thoughts.

I’m stopping in tonight and I will definitely report back by morning!

Basenotes Plus

Gotta say the notes have me intrigued

Definitely intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I’m stopping in tonight and I will definitely report back by morning!
    Please let us know!

I have yet to try it, but hope to go to the store tomorrow to give it a test. I'll report back!(
    This was a blind buy for me earlier today. It won't be delivered for a few days so look forward to your thoughts.

I love the top notes. The Jasmine is lovely. There’s a humid effect (maybe caused by the “water” note?) that’s very pleasing upfront. But there’s something in the base which bugged me when I pulled out the strip after an engagement party last night. An almost metallic woody element. It’s possible this was due to the strip that my girlfriend had: another new one they haven’t announced yet called Crystal Pistil.

I love the top notes. The Jasmine is lovely. There’s a humid effect (maybe caused by the “water” note?) that’s very pleasing upfront. But there’s something in the base which bugged me when I pulled out the strip after an engagement party last night. An almost metallic woody element. It’s possible this was due to the strip that my girlfriend had: another new one they haven’t announced yet called Crystal Pistil.
    Crystal Pistil?! Why do I love that? :X

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Jazmine Yucatán still wafting out from the strip. My partner says she likes it even better now(she’s smells what I called woody metallic but and she understands what I mean but she gets something more humid jungle flower from it)

Sprayed a few hours ago on my wrist, and really enjoying it.
    The opening is a beautiful jasmine sambac, similar to one I have in a concrete. It has a nutty facet that I think is so beautiful. That same humid water that Proust picks up on is there, but it fills space rather than coming to the fore for me. Like a greenhouse. A sweeter floral element emerges ("passion flower", though I don't really think those have a strong scent, more like passion fruit juice flower), switching places at time with that spicier clove.

Not yet into the deep drydown, but don't get anything too grating of a synthetic woody metallic (though it wouldn't be out of place with the brand). Was hoping for more of a smoky copal vetiver base, but if it's there, it's subtle. Stylistically it reminds me of the brand's Durga, but that one is much more opulent, though structured sort of similarly. JY is femme-leaning, but still completely unisex like almost all of DSD.

Would be great for spring!!
    Unfortunately I think DSD's retail prices are a little steep, and since this is limited I don't have much hope of finding testers on eBay or bottles making their way to discounters.

Sprayed a few hours ago on my wrist, and really enjoying it.
    The opening is a beautiful jasmine sambac, similar to one I have in a concrete. It has a nutty facet that I think is so beautiful. That same humid water that Proust picks up on is there, but it fills space rather than coming to the fore for me. Like a greenhouse. A sweeter floral element emerges ("passion flower", though I don't really think those have a strong scent, more like passion fruit juice flower), switching places at time with that spicier clove.

Not yet into the deep drydown, but don't get anything too grating of a synthetic woody metallic (though it wouldn't be out of place with the brand). Was hoping for more of a smoky copal vetiver base, but if it's there, it's subtle. Stylistically it reminds me of the brand's Durga, but that one is much more opulent, though structured sort of similarly. JY is femme-leaning, but still completely unisex like almost all of DSD.

Would be great for spring!!
    Unfortunately I think DSD's retail prices are a little steep, and since this is limited I don't have much hope of finding testers on eBay or bottles making their way to discounters.

Thank you both for your input. I’m soooooo back and forth on this. Even with a 10 percent discount it is a hair steep. That dry down has to be memorable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Thank you both for your input. I’m soooooo back and forth on this. Even with a 10 percent discount it is a hair steep. That dry down has to be memorable for me.
    I can't say it changes much on skin in the dry down, just a soft dissolution of the middle florals.
    The jasmine here is really good, and I feel like it's all about that. Wish I were getting a little more smoky Yucatan exotica, though.
    I'd perhaps try first if you can—they said they had samples available.

I can't say it changes much on skin in the dry down, just a soft dissolution of the middle florals.
    The jasmine here is really good, and I feel like it's all about that. Wish I were getting a little more smoky Yucatan exotica, though.
    I'd perhaps try first if you can—they said they had samples available.
    From what I understand the samples are only in-store, none available for online order :/ otherwise I totally would

My bottle finally arrived yesterday. Giving this a wear today. Initial impressions are very favorable. Floral aspect is front and center. Unisex. Background has a faint forest vibe that dirties up the floral somewhat.