Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Czech & Speake - Perfecto Fino EdP

From Czech & Speake:

Commanding. Uncompromising. Rugged.

Perfecto Fino reflects the rich, complex, exciting yet tough world of Central America. The graphics, an engraved image, reminiscent of old cigar boxes. The fragrance, a spicy floral scent, to be built around woody sharp notes which are powerful and masculine, with intensive leather notes that can be instantly recognised. Caramelised charred bark creates its distinctive and unique smokey scent, the amber developing resinous, enveloping and distinctive base notes.

A rugged and commanding fragrance that makes no apologies.

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Cinnamon, Grass, Clove
    Base notes: Labdanum, Leather, Patchouli, Amber, Sandalwood, Tobacco
    Olfactive family: Woody, Smoky

Link here.

Skärmavbild 2020-03-11 kl. 11.40.02.jpg

Sounds really good to me.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: New Czech & Speake - Perfecto Fino EdP

Just had the email. Yes, it sounds excellent on paper.

Basenotes Plus

Looks good.

Sounds good to me. I hope someone splits this when it's available.

Now this on paper at least by the notes looks very intriguing. But if it's good or not only time will tell. Did not see any samples and the price is high for a blind buy. I like the old style packaging, looks like something you would see on a bottle of "cure all wonder elixir" from hundred or so years ago would look like.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Imperial By Boadicea the Victorious
    2. Eau de Guerlain Cologne
    3. Terre d Hermes Pure Parfum
    4. Habit Rouge L'Eau
    5. Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Now this on paper at least by the notes looks very intriguing. But if it's good or not only time will tell. Did not see any samples and the price is high for a blind buy. I like the old style packaging, looks like something you would see on a bottle of "cure all wonder elixir" from hundred or so years ago would look like.
    Like this?
    OIP (3).jpg

Sounds good to me.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

I definitely want to try this one.

I think it's going to be a knock you over 'powerhouse'

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Like this?
    OIP (3).jpg
    lol..... Yes exactly like that, so if you met someone in a dark alley offering you Czech & Speake's new wonder cologne. Beware!...lol

My Current Favorites

4. Habit Rouge L'Eau
    5. Guerlain Vetiver

They now have 1 ml samples for sale (in England and EU site). Samples are 2 Pounds/3 Euro which is fine, but shiping within EU for one sample is 20 Pounds. Shipping within UK is only 5 Pounds.

In the US site samples are free ut seems, but there´s no Perfecto Fino available.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sounds interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    They now have 1 ml samples for sale (in England and EU site). Samples are 2 Pounds/3 Euro which is fine, but shiping within EU for one sample is 20 Pounds. Shipping within UK is only 5 Pounds.

In the US site samples are free ut seems, but there´s no Perfecto Fino available.
    Perfecto Fino samples now available under US banner. $3.00 plus $5.00 shipping.

Too curious, had to order a sample.

Got my sample and wore it this morning. Got my first compliment from a 30 something girl in the grocery store. Said she liked it a lot. She couldn't describe it, but thought she smelled spices, but enjoyed smelling it none the less. We stayed 6 ft apart because of COVID-19, and she could still enjoy Perfecto Fino.

This is not Vintage Tabarome by Creed, but I do think anyone who likes the Creed could wear this and would enjoy it.
    Quite pleased with this new one from Czech & Speake.
    A nice DRY masculine scent
    A whole 100ml bottle is too much for me, but if I see a split, I will jump in and buy 20ml.

Some have already commented on the price being high at $225.00 for a 100ml. I don't think a tad over $2.00 a ml these days is too high, it's just higher than C&S has charged in the past, but surely in line or LESS than the competition.
    Last edited by thebeck; 24th March 2020 at 11:40 AM.

My sample is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll report back when I get it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Okay. The sample came today. I really think people should give it a try. I'm still deciding what I think about it, but there is no doubt that it is worth sampling. It has a very strong grass note that dominates most of the fragrance and has a vaguely urine-like quality at times. There's also some vetiver which may contribute to that accord. There is some tobacco but it's not the major player I expected it to be. It's definitely masculine in tone. It's more expensive than their other offerings, so that is something to note as well. It supposedly has a cinnamon mid-note but I don't get that at all. I also don't get most of the listed base notes. It's mostly a really very nice grassy fragrance at a premium price. (The US C&S site lists it at $225 but I suspect it would be cheaper to buy it from the UK and have it shipped to the US.) I like it quite a bit but I'll have to spend some more time with it to know whether it is FBW for me. I'll be interested to hear what others think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Okay. The sample came today. I really think people should give it a try. I'm still deciding what I think about it, but there is no doubt that it is worth sampling. It has a very strong grass note that dominates most of the fragrance and has a vaguely urine-like quality at times. There's also some vetiver which may contribute to that accord. There is some tobacco but it's not the major player I expected it to be. It's definitely masculine in tone. It's more expensive than their other offerings, so that is something to note as well. It supposedly has a cinnamon mid-note but I don't get that at all. I also don't get most of the listed base notes. It's mostly a really very nice grassy fragrance at a premium price. (The US C&S site lists it at $225 but I suspect it would be cheaper to buy it from the UK and have it shipped to the US.) I like it quite a bit but I'll have to spend some more time with it to know whether it is FBW for me. I'll be interested to hear what others think of it.
    Thanks so much for the review of this one TP. I love many Czech & Speake fragrances and have been curious about this one. Sounds like it may not be quite what it sounds like from the listed notes. The higher price also makes one think more about sampling than considering a blind buy.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks to Tonyprince for those comments. It sounds a lot like Guerlain's Vetiver from that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    Thanks to Tonyprince for those comments. It sounds a lot like Guerlain's Vetiver from that description.
    Doesn't smell like Guerlain's Vetiver at all.

Actually, it smells like Czech & Speake's own description to me, after you sift out their hyperbole.
    Last edited by thebeck; 26th March 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Basenotes Junkie

Ordered my sample. I'll see for myself soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    Ordered my sample. I'll see for myself soon enough.
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. For 1ml the postage costs more than twice the price of the sample...lol, something not right there.

My Current Favorites

4. Habit Rouge L'Eau
    5. Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. For 1ml the postage costs more than twice the price of the sample...lol, something not right there.
    I don't countenance high postage costs for samples myself, but I don't seem to have been charged any postage costs by C&S. I chose the slower postage option at the check-out and I can't see a cost attached. Paypal transaction = £2 only. Don't know if this is helpful to anyone. Of course in my case it's a UK to UK transaction.

Basenotes Junkie

Not that you need this level of detail about my life, but the sample with zero postage cost has arrived. Hope to test over the next few days. So I would encourage fellow hobbyists with £2 to spare to obtain a sample direct from the manufacturer.

I have just received a sample of this and it is incredible. Not for everyone I suspect, the opening of the fragrance is pure tar, driving on a really hot day then a blast of tobacco and woods. This fragrance is fearless and, I suspect, rather an acquired taste. If you like your fragrance strong and confident, as I do, this is for you.

I've just received my sample today, and having tried it out already, I am currently fighting the urge to order a full bottle straight away. It is soooo good...!!!

Stuff it...!!!......I'm ordering one right now!!

It looks good. Gotta get a sample.

Anyone know where I can get a sample of this? I went to the C&S website this weekend and it looks like samples were sold out.

Received a sample of this recently and have to say I am impressed. It’s clearly a smoky tobacco scent with some really nice twists and turns to it. Strong projection with a familiar trail in there. I feel as I’m getting a luscious oak moss/Sandalwood note as per the dry down of C&S own Oxford & Cambridge (another favourite of mine that sadly has been watered down over the years).

Haven’t worn Perfecto Fino for long but initial impressions are so far quite positive. Will post more when I can write a proper review.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Basenotes Junkie

Just to say that I've acquired a 15ml bottle so will be wearing tomorrow and posting thoughts.

That frees up my 1ml vial (unused) so if anyone in the UK who wants to try Perfecto Fino can propose a swap, I'm open to that. Maybe have a look at my test list and PM me.

Been curious about this one