Code of Conduct

Default Real vs Fake Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de parfum

Hi guys! Some weeks ago i managed to pick up a fake Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum. So i wanted to do a real vs fake to help out some that might have bought a fake.
    It looks very differentiable from the closeup pictures, but you really have to know what to look for. The fake feels of quality, amazing spray(even better than the genuine lol), heavy cap and thick glass with the deep red-crystal color. The box had the same finishing and reflective gold on the decorations, just like the original. The engravings is professionally done. Watch out for "batch-code"18207". It smells like the genuine, but it lasts for 24 seconds on my skin, while the gen lasts 24 hours So here are the picks:

Last edited by Laduaks; 16th March 2020 at 11:04 PM.
    INSERT INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE HERE

"The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it, because it's only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles, wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on."

--Chuck Palahniuk--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Real vs Fake Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de parfum

Quite a few of these about. Fragrance Tattoo has a channel on YouTube dedicated to Fake vs Real comparisons.

Yes, but only for Edp, not extrait.

"The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it, because it's only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles, wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on."

--Chuck Palahniuk--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Laduaks View Post
    Hi guys! Some weeks ago i managed to pick up a fake Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum.
    Any reason why you didn't pick it up from an authorized dealer of MFK fragrances in your area or from an online authorized dealer?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any reason why you didn't pick it up from an authorized dealer of MFK fragrances in your area or from an online authorized dealer?
    It was a deal that was too good to be true on a online used marked site here in Norway, so yeah it was stupid. Sticking to buying from authorized dealers from now on!

--Chuck Palahniuk--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

This is very helpful, not just for Baccarat Rouge/MFK, but for shopping for fragrances online in general. Amazing how much effort went into making a credible fake, especially since (I’ve been told this, anyway) packaging is expensive.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Kristen Pfaff❤️❤️❤️

Thank you very much! Yeah fakes are getting crazy close lookswise

--Chuck Palahniuk--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking to pull the trigger on BR540 (extriate) any thoughts on buying from discounters, such as fragrancenet, maxaroma, etc to save a little money? Or is going retail the best course of action for MFK?

Help!
    I also recently bought a bottle off of ebay and someone pointed out that due to the j in kurkdjian having a profound curve at the end unlike the authentic bottles having a less profound curve its a fake. The rest of the product from box to bottle seems legit besides also the inside of the cap when you take it off the lining around the nozzle is metal but should be plastic.
    The batch code is even etched into the glass of the bottle matching the code on the box. Could this really be a fake?
    20201020_130245.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_125010.jpg

Apologies for the uneven photos,im still figuring out this thing x[

- - - Updated - - -

20201021_131526.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_131202.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_125551.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some months ago I bought Baccarat Rouge 540 on outletdelprofumo.net and it's fake... the best of all it was that on one side of the flacon it said it was "Extrait de parfum" but on the sticker on the bottom it was written "Eau de parfum" and as Laduaks said the longevity on skin was less than one hour.

Actually all of the perfumes they sell are fake. I bought Clive Christian L and it's fake too... The worst of all is that they keep on stating they sell authentic perfumes and of course don't refund any money...

So get away from that web.

Thumbs up Re: Real vs Fake Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de parfum

Quote Originally Posted by kjarr View Post
    Some months ago I bought Baccarat Rouge 540 on outletdelprofumo.net and it's fake... the best of all it was that on one side of the flacon it said it was "Extrait de parfum" but on the sticker on the bottom it was written "Eau de parfum" and as Laduaks said the longevity on skin was less than one hour.

Actually all of the perfumes they sell are fake. I bought Clive Christian L and it's fake too... The worst of all is that they keep on stating they sell authentic perfumes and of course don't refund any money...

So get away from that web.
    Thanks for info! Alot of scammers out there today, and they get better and better at it. At least the visual aspect...

--Chuck Palahniuk--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mspluto View Post
    Help!
    I also recently bought a bottle off of ebay and someone pointed out that due to the j in kurkdjian having a profound curve at the end unlike the authentic bottles having a less profound curve its a fake. The rest of the product from box to bottle seems legit besides also the inside of the cap when you take it off the lining around the nozzle is metal but should be plastic.
    The batch code is even etched into the glass of the bottle matching the code on the box. Could this really be a fake?
    20201020_130245.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_125010.jpg

Apologies for the uneven photos,im still figuring out this thing x[

- - - Updated - - -

20201021_131526.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_131202.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20201020_125551.jpg
    Seems no one responded to you.

Yes, 100% fake.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

Hey guys, I hope you can help me.
    I found this online at willhaben.at for 115€, she sais she got two and now wants to sell the second one. I can´t tell whether this is real or fake, maybe you can identify it. Unfortunately though, its said to be originally packed, so we cant see the flacon itself.
    Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LuckDuck335 View Post
    Hey guys, I hope you can help me.
    I found this online at willhaben.at for 115€, she sais she got two and now wants to sell the second one. I can´t tell whether this is real or fake, maybe you can identify it. Unfortunately though, its said to be originally packed, so we cant see the flacon itself.
    Thanks for the help!
    Definitely fake at that price. The scruffy font, cheap plastic packaging and the rounded letter "j" are all dead giveaways.