Code of Conduct

Default NOUVEAU MONDE vs OMBRE NOMADE

Which one do you prefer, looking to try both of these out. Noueveau Monde seems more masculine and leathery, Ombre Nomade seems more rose based and sweet.

Default Re: NOUVEAU MONDE vs OMBRE NOMADE

Both are good and aspire towards a gentlemanly demeanour.

But I find that Ombré Nomad, while certainly notable in the longevity department, is not as groundbreaking and rather a tip of the hat to the obligatory sweet oud refrain of oud/raspberry/floral heart with leather. Undoubtedly it plays this game convincingly. To consider this one you might also consider some notable comparisons that exude similar note accords . . . if only because others have succeeded here also.

Personally, I prefer Nouveau Monde. It smells so unique to my nose. Something a little more modern and on the go, whereas I might stay close to home and familiar territory with Ombré Nomad. It plays up the oud in what I find to be a more exciting way in the first few minutes, starting off a little animalic just to let you know the nature of this very real ingredient, before settling into a more refined, tamed oud. The caramel and vanilla help bring a certain smoothness/softness/creaminess to the leather accord, and the result is something that evokes both the heritage as well as the modern craftsmanship of refined leather products. But there is an airiness, still, that never weighs it down. I think the cacao is dry and light, and the amberwood helps with that tonality throughout.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by powerfultcp View Post
    Which one do you prefer, looking to try both of these out. Noueveau Monde seems more masculine and leathery, Ombre Nomade seems more rose based and sweet.
    Own and love both but prefer Nouveau Monde
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidsenses View Post

But I find that Ombré Nomad, while certainly notable in the longevity department, is not as groundbreaking and rather a tip of the hat to the obligatory sweet oud refrain of oud/raspberry/floral heart with leather. Undoubtedly it plays this game convincingly. To consider this one you might also consider some notable comparisons that exude similar note accords . . . if only because others have succeeded here also.

Personally, I prefer Nouveau Monde. It smells so unique to my nose. Something a little more modern and on the go, whereas I might stay close to home and familiar territory with Ombré Nomad. It plays up the oud in what I find to be a more exciting way in the first few minutes, starting off a little animalic just to let you know the nature of this very real ingredient, before settling into a more refined, tamed oud. The caramel and vanilla help bring a certain smoothness/softness/creaminess to the leather accord, and the result is something that evokes both the heritage as well as the modern craftsmanship of refined leather products. But there is an airiness, still, that never weighs it down. I think the cacao is dry and light, and the amberwood helps with that tonality throughout.
    Great description, thank you! I'm thinking the same thing, the note breakdown seems more interesting and more like something I've never tried before

I have had both since their release, and I love them both. A lot of people think they're nearly identical, but they're really not.

Nouveau Monde is really very beautiful, and it manages to be both rich and sort of light or airy. It's one of my most worn for good reason. It's definitely easier to wear than Ombre Nomade.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Nouveau Monde. Both are pretty masculine, Ombre Nomade moreso if you ask me.
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I have had both since their release, and I love them both. A lot of people think they're nearly identical, but they're really not.

Nouveau Monde is really very beautiful, and it manages to be both rich and sort of light or airy. It's one of my most worn for good reason. It's definitely easier to wear than Ombre Nomade.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Nouveau Monde. Both are pretty masculine, Ombre Nomade moreso if you ask me.
    Agree with ultravisitor, I went with NM but overall both are excellent choices, the best this house has to offer imo.

Dependent

I tried them both around a year ago and at the time I prefered Nouveau Monde. I don't remember why .

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidsenses View Post

This. Ombre Nomade is more appealing but Nouveau Monde is much more interesting.