Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Latest Chanel - Paris-Edimbourg!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/474...=1#post4858199

Anyone have a chance to try this one yet? Thoughts positive and/or negative?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Latest Chanel - Paris-Edimbourg!

I didn't know they were continuing this line. Excited to try this one when available. Biarritz is my favorite and am wanting to get Riviera also.

Basenotes Plus

Holy cow! This could be good. The notes are screaming out my name...

Sounds like one I want to smell for sure...could be amazing!
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

The notes listed look very tempting, if it becomes available in retails I'll consider sampling it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I thought Paris-Deauville was ok, and maybe one Jules might like, but she was against it when she tried it in a shop.

I thought the others were surprisingly plain for Chanels, and don't have high hopes for this new one.

Hmm, the notes sound tempting. Good to see it's something else rather than another citrus fragrance.

According the notes this could become the most masculine in the line.
    The previous four smell very feminine to me.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    According the notes this could become the most masculine in the line.
    The previous four smell very feminine to me.
    Agreed - the colour of the juice as well seems to lean more traditionally masculine. Looking forward to trying this.

Will seek this out once the world returns to normal.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

I like Chanel’s Paris fragrances. Deauville is my favorite. Looking forward to giving this new one a sniff.

I like how Chanel is continuing with this. Light effervescent fragrances are my guilty pleasure. I know there is a lot of talk in the community for projection and longevity and how people care so much about those things....I just find the Chanel Paris fragrances sublime and speaks to my sensibilities.

i don't expect much in the way of performance but could still be great!
    Currently wearing: Parade by Céline

Anyone tried this yet? I'd love to get a sample of this one...
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Celinman View Post
    I like how Chanel is continuing with this. Light effervescent fragrances are my guilty pleasure. I know there is a lot of talk in the community for projection and longevity and how people care so much about those things....I just find the Chanel Paris fragrances sublime and speaks to my sensibilities.
    This type of fragrance, non-heavy hitter, definitely has its place and can be quite wonderful to wear.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

meant to be out this month and a listing appeared on Chanel's site but nothing so far

https://www.chanel.com/sg/fragrance/...oilette-spray/

quite possible it's being delayed someone mentioned it might be next year now.

Did anyone ever try this? Did Chanel even bring it out?

got delayed a whole year! should be out in the next month or so now.

Cool, can't wait to try it.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

I'm interested. This line has intrigued me but none have been FBW yet. Deauville is close, but I already have the Eau de Cologne from les Exclusifs.

Biarritz is great but it's performance is faint to put it lightly. thankfully Chanel do a lotion which easily outperforms the EDT and smells just as lovely!

Had forgotten about this. Looking forward to seeing its release.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

These bottles look so cheap! They don’t even look minimalist. They look really cheap. Awful design.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

I like them a lot! Maybe they look better in person, they have a curved back and resemble a flask which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    These bottles look so cheap! They don’t even look minimalist. They look really cheap. Awful design.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    I like them a lot! Maybe they look better in person, they have a curved back and resemble a flask which is cool.
    They do look nice in person.
    Last edited by hednic; 1st May 2021 at 02:44 AM.

I can’t argue with that. Those Casamoratti bottles look like cheap plastic toys in pictures. At person they are very beautiful. I was like “WTF??!!!”. when I saw them. Even the yellow looks very nice.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Now I know why I think they look cheap:

9A94DDED-6880-47A9-B65D-DA0ECF37943F.jpeg

Hurray we have a review!
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

I got to smell the 4 existing ones yesterday. Biarritz & Deauville were my favorite. Unfortunately they both have the cheap smelling white laundry musk I despise (the one that’s also in the Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne & Dior’s cologne Royale). If it weren’t for that particular musk I would’ve bought both of them on the spot. Really nice, natural smelling fragrances other than that.
    Hoping this Paris Edimbourg doesn’t use that musk.

As for the bottles, I liked them just fine. The lids do feel pretty cheap though (but it’s a non-issue to me).

Hurray we have a review!
    Anybody have a tldr?