Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Worst Office fragrance ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThVH View Post
    This all seems like a funny story... care to tell more?
    Lol was trying to be clever, sprayed a crap load of BR540 on my shirt. Left for work, nearly killed myself and everybody around me. Left work, bought another shirt and sprayed some Adidas deodorant on and off i went a happy man. Cant believe Adidas saved me

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    For me, it's when I wore a sample of Santal 33. I sprayed once to the back of my hand and once to my chest/neck area. I had 3 (negative) comments that day on it.
    I do sometimes wonder how on earth THIS became the 'it' fragrance de jour. It's so...odd. Weird. Even outside fragrance circles. I do 'get' it if I'm being generous, from how it's gender defying for women who want/need to minimise femininity in the workplace i.e. power dressing/power smelling, to having the Gucci Pour Homme thing of smelling like a wooden room...but at the end of the day it's just harsh and acidic and, really, not that nice.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Amouage Interlude Man... very nice scent, but i think too polarizing, expecially in close environments

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    I do sometimes wonder how on earth THIS became the 'it' fragrance de jour. It's so...odd. Weird. Even outside fragrance circles. I do 'get' it if I'm being generous, from how it's gender defying for women who want/need to minimise femininity in the workplace i.e. power dressing/power smelling, to having the Gucci Pour Homme thing of smelling like a wooden room...but at the end of the day it's just harsh and acidic and, really, not that nice.
    There's a cloying aspect to it that seems to keep permeating one's senses. It makes people around you think you oversprayed your perfume.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal

Ríen Intense Incense...but have worn it to office.

Quote Originally Posted by psebi101 View Post
    Ríen Intense Incense...but have worn it to office.
    How did that work out for you? Any reactions?

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Nice, I used to wear 1899 to the office.
    I mean, it smells great. I just work about four feet away from my nearest coworker, in a closed room, with no dividers. So I try to avoid stuff that could start to fill up the space.

Of course, for the foreseeable future the "office" is my house so I will be wearing anything and everything to work until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post
    Lol was trying to be clever, sprayed a crap load of BR540 on my shirt. Left for work, nearly killed myself and everybody around me. Left work, bought another shirt and sprayed some Adidas deodorant on and off i went a happy man. Cant believe Adidas saved me
    Haha, nice one! Thanks for the story Hope your coworkers let you know it was a little much in a friendly way ;-)
    Current Top 10:
    1. Nicolaï - New York Intense
    No order: Histoires de Parfums - Noir Patchouli, Tauer - L‘Air du Désert Marocain, Ralph Lauren - Polo, Gucci - Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme, Papillon - Anubis, Nicolaï - Patchouli Intense, Puredistance - M, Pascal Morabito - Or Black, Etienne Aigner - No.1 (1975), and 1740, because Basenoters always bend the rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBarbershopFan View Post
    Dior homme parfum
    Opium pour homme
    Just wondering why you wouldn't wear these to the office. Because of their strength? Those two are two of my all time favorite frags that I would not hesitate to wear anywhere. DHP in particular is an absolutely beautiful scent that has never failed to garner positive reactions, from men and women alike. Wearing in an office setting I would just dial the amount of sprays back; two maybe three MAX - under the shirt, not on exposed skin - and you're good to go.

I would also wear Interlude, same thing, reduce the sprays and the scent itself really has nothing that would offend anyone, its a beautiful, smoky, amber-y, incense-y masterpiece.
    Currently wearing: Red Tobacco by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by colui View Post
    Amouage Interlude Man... very nice scent, but i think too polarizing, expecially in close environments
    This could be a nightmare too. My worst would be Sauvage since I can’t stand it for too long without feeling nauseated.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: cK one by Calvin Klein

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage.
    But do you have them?
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Yes!

Davidoff Cool Water!!!
    My 15 late summer / early fall favorites (alphabetical):

Carbone by Balmain
    Eau de Santal by Floris
    Elite by Floris
    Elixir by Penhaligon's
    Eton College Collection Cologne by Taylor of Old Bond Street
    Figue Amère by Miller Harris
    For Men (2014) by Michael Kors
    Gomma by Etro
    Intense Vetiver By Armand Basi (sorry, not in Directory!)
    L'Edition Impériale - E.d.T. by Courvoisier
    Savoy Steam E.d.P. by Penhaligon's
    Smoked Vetiver by Clean Reserve
    Viaggio d'Africa by Pal Zileri
    Vetiver d'Haiti au thé vert by Chopard Collection
    Z Zegna Milan by Ermenegildo Zegna

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    This could be a nightmare too. My worst would be Sauvage since I can’t stand it for too long without feeling nauseated.
    I have a sample of Interlude, and never tried to wear it for office...

On the other hand, i have Sauvage EDP and i go very light on the trigger the few times i decided to wear it for the office (there are better fragrances for me). I don't think that is offensive for others but i can feel it for the whole day and become quite tired of it after few days of wearing.

To me it's a good fragrance, but not a daily wearer in such environment (maybe the EDT is different, i don't know).

Bleu De Chanel EDP is much better for this purpose, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by colui View Post
    I have a sample of Interlude, and never tried to wear it for office...

On the other hand, i have Sauvage EDP and i go very light on the trigger the few times i decided to wear it for the office (there are better fragrances for me). I don't think that is offensive for others but i can feel it for the whole day and become quite tired of it after few days of wearing.

To me it's a good fragrance, but not a daily wearer in such environment (maybe the EDT is different, i don't know).

Bleu De Chanel EDP is much better for this purpose, in my opinion.
    I guess I didn’t let clear I don’t have Sauvage in any of its concentrations.
    I used not to like Bleu. Now I find the EDT nice. The EDP is nice either, but I prefer the EDT.

Freed from BN Institution

But do you have them?
    I had multiple samples of them at one point.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

It’s funny some mention 1 million. That scent was responsible for the most enthusiastic compliment I ever received at work, which is an office setting.

I agree with those saying just go easy on the trigger with everything. Most scents should be fine if you don’t over do it.

I guess I didn’t let clear I don’t have Sauvage in any of its concentrations.
    I used not to like Bleu. Now I find the EDT nice. The EDP is nice either, but I prefer the EDT.
    Bleu EDT is great... i used to own a sample, never a bottle. But last year i read it has been reformulated (i was quite concerned about the performances) and went with the EDP.

To me, EDP and EDT are very different. I don’t know if i’m the only to think this... EDT is a lot fresher and not near as smooth as the EDP. Both great, but completely different vibe.

How would you rate the performance of the EDT?

Office for Men by Fragrance One

Interlude