Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    So, I have finally gotten my first Ensar: Thai Tabac pure parfum (9.5ml). I gotta say, the opening of this is intoxicating and addictive. I can't even really describe what I'm smelling. It's slightly minty, green, creamy, a little floral-indolic... It dries down to a vetiver suede, which is nice as well but the opening and first like 1.5 hours is what makes this stuff for me. So much so, that I could imagine dropping 375 on the 30ml... damn!
    This is my favorite Ensar product. I have the attar, so it may be a bit different, but "intoxicating" is exactly how I would describe it and I don't say that frequently. I sure wish it lasted longer (and perhaps the spray does, but that would be counterintuitive), but wow is it great while is does last.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Is it a $790 like? Or like a sub $350 like?
    Not sure. I assume both if released in EDP and PP.

So, I have finally gotten my first Ensar: Thai Tabac pure parfum (9.5ml). I gotta say, the opening of this is intoxicating and addictive. I can't even really describe what I'm smelling. It's slightly minty, green, creamy, a little floral-indolic... It dries down to a vetiver suede, which is nice as well but the opening and first like 1.5 hours is what makes this stuff for me. So much so, that I could imagine dropping 375 on the 30ml... damn!
    Thai Tabac is beautiful. Quite wearable as well.
    I started off with a tester and went for a 30ml bottle.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Singularious View Post
    This is my favorite Ensar product. I have the attar, so it may be a bit different, but "intoxicating" is exactly how I would describe it and I don't say that frequently. I sure wish it lasted longer (and perhaps the spray does, but that would be counterintuitive), but wow is it great while is does last.
    The spray also does not last that long. I double sprayed last time, which works better but also led to me having used up already like 1ml of the stuff within like 7 days... Haha

Basenotes Plus

The spray also does not last that long. I double sprayed last time, which works better but also led to me having used up already like 1ml of the stuff within like 7 days... Haha
    Lol. Worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Singularious View Post
    Lol. Worth it!
    100%! Just think I really need that 30ml bottle haha.

I didn't try any of the other EDPs tho and I'm really curious. So for the moment it's either the Thai Tabac bottle or the EDP set...

So for the moment it's either the Thai Tabac bottle or the EDP set...
    I've been back and forth on this very thing as well. That EDP set looks fantastic, but my only experience has been with the PP's so far, so I'm undecided about it at the moment.

Basenotes Plus

Homeros is here...

https://ensaroud.com/product/homeros...da5e2-78506807

Now I'm plotting on what I can sell to try to snag a bottle. Limited run of 350. Almost regret putting the last of my perfume money into Dixit and Zak and Agar Aura.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Homeros is here...

Now I'm plotting on what I can sell to try to snag a bottle. Limited run of 350. Almost regret putting the last of my perfume money into Dixit and Zak and Agar Aura.
    Wish I didn’t see this. Too much spent on frags this month and Oud Royale 2004 is a favourite. This has to be top notch. Hope it is available for a while so I can scrounge some funds. Dixit&Zak were my last as well...

Banned

Homeros is here...

A bit skeptical by all the fancy literature and description, the EO1 PP sounds amazing with a good story behind it, backed by a lot of fans who loved it, but it simply didn't impress me the same way SLA did. $790 for 50ml...sorry I think I'll skip the pre-order and wait for 9ml or 30ml if they're available later on, if not then oh well there's always something new coming out every few months or so. Personally, I've played enough lottery game lately LOL after winning the Agar Aura collection lottery I'm pretty much done with blind buying these very expensive and exotic juice for the rest of the year. I don't even have to wait for any reviews, I'm willing to bet the performance from this one is going to suck on my skins, just like the EO1 PP did. lol

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    A bit skeptical by all the fancy literature and description, the EO1 PP sounds amazing with a good story behind it, backed by a lot of fans who loved it, but it simply didn't impress me the same way SLA did. $790 for 50ml...sorry I think I'll skip the pre-order and wait for 9ml or 30ml if they're available later on, if not then oh well there's always something new coming out every few months or so. Personally, I've played enough lottery game lately LOL after winning the Agar Aura collection lottery I'm pretty much done with blind buying these very expensive and exotic juice for the rest of the year. I don't even have to wait for any reviews, I'm willing to bet the performance from this one is going to suck on my skins, just like the EO1 PP did. lol
    You might be the only person to ever say EO1 PP has terrible performance.

After some deliberation, I figure that if I'm at the point in my life where I can afford to blind buy an $800 fragrance, I can afford to get the split first and buy a partial or upcharged bottle at 1000 or something later. Ben is right too, if there's one thing we've learned this last month, it's that there will always be a new release.
    That being said, I did hover over the pre-order button with my mouse for a while, so maybe 2 times out of 10 universe go-arounds I click it, haha.

Anyone in here smell this yet from the collab?
    Currently wearing: EO No.1 by Ensar Oud

Banned

I'm not the only one, fragrantica has quite a few people who shared the same experience, performance is good on clothing but on my skins it died to a skin scent much quicker than i like, which is a disappointment for me at this price point.

Default All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    I'm not the only one, fragrantica has quite a few people who shared the same experience.
    I think many of those people were reviewing the EDP version. I know that because I messaged most of those reviewers and asked them directly on fragrantica while I was researching it. The PP performs great on clothing and skin for me and I’m not as perceptive to lightly projecting fragrances as some others on here are.

Also, I’ve owned the EDP version and sold it to buy the PP version. I can tell you first hand that the performance on the EDP is crap in comparison and the scent profile is a shadow of the PP.

Basenotes Plus

Yep. EO1 PP is actually pretty beastly on my skin.

Homeros is here...

You gtta have some self discipline bro.Its not Pokemon 'gtta catch em all' type of thing.

Keep jumping at every new release blindly and you will have many more regrets!
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Banned

Anybody doing split on this new Homer simpson perfume? 9ml would be nice.

If this is available next spring/summer I'll probably get a sampler then.

Until then, I'll be dousing myself in Hindi/indonesian/vietnamese Ouds, Oriental leaning Attars and all the other heavy good stuff I've been missing since lockdown!
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    You gtta have some self discipline bro.Its not Pokemon 'gtta catch em all' type of thing.

Keep jumping at every new release blindly and you will have many more regrets!
    I don't know about Pokeman. My point was more that I trust Ensar more than other oud/niche houses. I'm much more comfortable blind buying from him than elsewhere. Good thing about Ensar is that his stuff, even if it sells out, will likely see another release.

wow , these oils are superlative!

white kinam is especially heady compared to the Royal kinam

The royal opened with a medicinal rooty bitter note and then went minty -mentholic.

Both immediately give you that head rush feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by andawoss View Post
    Hello All,

After almost 2 years of introduction into the world of Oud.

I have the sampler and some other ouds from other companies..

I can no longer resist the temptation ..

I am thinking of picking two Kinam/Kyara oils from Ensar oud.

What is your opinion of below two please?

White Kinam
    Royal Kinam 2.0

in small qty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Anyone in here smell this yet from the collab?
    Nope it's different to the 5 prototype fragrances.

I recently did a swap and the the person included a 1ml sample of Tigerlust PP in the swap. Pleasant surprise since i've stopped exploring his scents.

Unable to use an atomizer for now, I tipped the vial carefully onto the pulse points on my wrist and applied a finger swipe to each clavicle.

The experience (for me) is a cross roads from iris ghalia and EO1 PP. Iris ghalia was very sweet. and while tiger lust doesn't open AS sweet, i was instantly reminded of IG when i smelled it. The dry down is closer to the Tea-ish Oud smells i found on EO 1 Pure Parfum.

In typical ensar fashion, you only need a little (heaven help you if you overspray). If i had an atomizer i'd likely just do a spray on one wrist, and one on a clavicle. Pleasant projection in cooler weather. To me this is the best parts of IG and EO1, making it the most casually wearable of the three.
    Don't stank.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    I recently did a swap and the the person included a 1ml sample of Tigerlust PP in the swap. Pleasant surprise since i've stopped exploring his scents.

Unable to use an atomizer for now, I tipped the vial carefully onto the pulse points on my wrist and applied a finger swipe to each clavicle.

The experience (for me) is a cross roads from iris ghalia and EO1 PP. Iris ghalia was very sweet. and while tiger lust doesn't open AS sweet, i was instantly reminded of IG when i smelled it. The dry down is closer to the Tea-ish Oud smells i found on EO 1 Pure Parfum.

In typical ensar fashion, you only need a little (heaven help you if you overspray). If i had an atomizer i'd likely just do a spray on one wrist, and one on a clavicle. Pleasant projection in cooler weather. To me this is the best parts of IG and EO1, making it the most casually wearable of the three.

Bro you’ve missed out on some great compositions! Crime and Punishment is what happens when you combine Tigerlust with EO2. It’s unreal.

Monsieur Oud is a total departure from all of them as well. Completely original, fresh, light florals and green Oud. Fantastic!

I’m glad you came around a bit. Tigerlust is my favorite.

Bro you’ve missed out on some great compositions! Crime and Punishment is what happens when you combine Tigerlust with EO2. It’s unreal.

Monsieur Oud is a total departure from all of them as well. Completely original, fresh, light florals and green Oud. Fantastic!

I’m glad you came around a bit. Tigerlust is my favorite.
    I think Monsieur Oud was released a lot earlier. Wood&leather May have tried that one before Ensar when down the TL/C&P familiar routes.

I will admit that —while Tigerlust is still my least favorite of the Ensar’s— I retried it after reading the w&l post and I agree. It is nice. And i like the iris Ghalia parts of it since I miss that one. I think it’s the heavy sweetness mixed with that Oud that gives me some unpleasant sweet & sour food associations. I think it must be some Americanized version of chinese food that gives me this comparison because this one and Oud Douce Amere from Sultan Pasha both give me that sweet & sour food vibe and all the brits and Vietnamese and Chinese friends I have who’ve smelled both these scents don’t get that association. But every time I wear them around friends in NY... “did someone get takeout?”
    Currently wearing: EO No.1 by Ensar Oud

I’m glad you came around a bit.

I never questioned the quality or enjoyment of his releases, just the personality of the brand/creator. Even this tigerlust i'm trying now was a sample added into an unrelated swap. Not going to detract from this thread by going down that rabbit hole. I only wished to share an objective opinion on the creation.
    Don't stank.

While I recently reviewed and expanded the scent pyramid of Homeros (view the updates here), I couldn’t resist the sudden temptation to add this medicinal Borneo amalgam to the composition. The molasses-like sweetness of the naked resin would lend a beautiful hue to the core of the fragrance, and so ended up adding it with total abandon.

Because it’s a later, suddenly inspired addition to Homeros, I want the perfume to marinate at least a few days longer before sending it out. So, instead of the 23rd, we’re sending the orders out a few days later. In return for your patience, your bottle of Homeros is now boosted with a Borneolicious resinous zap!
    the 2nd edition of homeros is here already xD I'm really liking the medicinal part of agar de noir, so hopefully I'll like this note too. they really expanded the "notes" of homeros with several new extracts, resins, and more.
    Last edited by Swoleiosis; 20th September 2020 at 01:26 AM.

Maybe someone here can give me a bit of an advice: as said before I'm pondering a full bottle (30ml) of Thai Tabac. On the other hand I'd like to try some other Ensar perfumes as well so the EDP set is tempting. I'm not the biggest musk fan tho but got the feeling the others have all quite a bit of musk. so I'm wondering if the set makes sense then for me...?

Basenotes Plus

Maybe someone here can give me a bit of an advice: as said before I'm pondering a full bottle (30ml) of Thai Tabac. On the other hand I'd like to try some other Ensar perfumes as well so the EDP set is tempting. I'm not the biggest musk fan tho but got the feeling the others have all quite a bit of musk. so I'm wondering if the set makes sense then for me...?
    Have you tried EO1? I reckon would be right up your alley.
    If you like TT you'll most probably like Iris Noir. EO2 and Crime and Punishment are more musky.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Have you tried EO1? I reckon would be right up your alley.
    If you like TT you'll most probably like Iris Noir. EO2 and Crime and Punishment are more musky.
    Thanks, 911LambMelb!
    I haven't tried it yet but think from description, notes and reviews that I'll like that one as well. Blue Kalbar probably too.

How is Tigerlust, heavy on the musk? I assume from descriptions Borneo Zen, which is (for a limited time) also included in the set, is also rather musk forward?

Can someone please describe the main difference between Tigerlust and Crime and Punishment? Ensar Oud's description of these fragrances are making my head spin and confused as hell trying to decipher what the hell these supposed to smell like! I mean, which one of these are more floral, more sweet, more oudy, or more musky/animalic?

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast