Code of Conduct
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1730

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Going back to Notes from Underground and Ha Tinh LTD.
    I cannot help but wonder how Ensar knows that those pods he received are actually Tonkin? From his description, it sounds that he only assumed that they are but has no certainty. That's my major question mark here.
    This worries me as well. I believe that saying that these pods are Tonkin without experiencing Tonkin before and only based on eliminations is unjustifiable.

Worn the new C&P again today, the initial assessment still stands. Main notes of florals, fruity (raspberry), and sandalwood at the forefront, with the musk and oud are quite subtle, overall the scent is not as tenacious or as loud as the OG C&P. They are two different animals entirely, zero redundancy between them, the new one should have been renamed to Tonkin Mysore as Ensar suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Worn the new C&P again today, the initial assessment still stands. Main notes of florals, fruity (raspberry), and sandalwood at the forefront, with the musk and oud are quite subtle, overall the scent is not as tenacious or as loud as the OG C&P. They are two different animals entirely, zero redundancy between them, the new one should have been renamed to Tonkin Mysore as Ensar suggested.
    I was so tempted to buy it, had it in cart like 3 times, but i suppose bullet dodged, phew.
    Too bad he is reusing same name but perfume ends up smelling different.
    I did hope for even stronger oud and tonkin iteration.

Anyone tried Hajar Aswad?

Default All Things Ensar Oud

Bit of a correction to my previous comparison. EO1 Assam does not perform equal to the original. It does last as long and I do enjoy the Oud profile used in it. However, i have to report that it does not project nearly as much as the original does, perhaps 1/2 the projection. But this will surely change with age.

I have a bottle of Manipur inbound from a BNer and am really looking forward to comparing all of the versions.

Basenotes Plus

Have a bottle of Hajar Aswad incoming. This will be interesting. Based on my understanding, "Hajar Aswad" i.e. the black stone in the Ka'aba in the Mecca is a traditional blend made by attar and mukhallat makers in the Middle East and South Asia. I'm not sure what the traditional ingredients are, but I imagine it was a dense, musky compound that eventually became dominated by the cheap aromachemicals that have destroyed traditional Middle Eastern and South Asian perfumery. I bought a small 1/4 tola of "Hajar Aswad" from Arabian Oud once and it was a relatively pleasant, narcotic and sweet mukhallat, dominated by jasmine and dense vetiver.

I'm curious to see what Ensar does with this. I hope it's not too dense and sweet as it is getting hot outside.

Anybody fortunate enough to smell the Notes From Underground? is it like Private Blend?

Attachment 152651Attachment 152652
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Anybody fortunate enough to smell the Notes From Underground? is it like Private Blend?
    I've never smelled Private Blend. But... WOW... who knew that something with the sinisterly entitled (and literary) "Notes from Underground" could be so plush and heavenly? I probably shouldn't have sprayed this at work, but social distancing and a quiet classroom for the day allowed me to succumb to the urge when Mr. DHL paid a visit. I know, I know... let it rest... don't judge the first spray... blah blah blah. Nope. It's Friday.

One spritz to the forearm has left me enveloped in a cloud of honeyed, wooded, GOURMAND goodness for 3 straight hours. And it isn't stopping. While the initial blast leaned pleasantly sour-rose (maybe my impression of the musk?), a creamy sweetness soon emerged. Anyone who has walked in has commented on how amazing that candle (burning on my desk) smells. Except... I'm too embarrassed to tell them to quit crediting the candle; it's me that smells amazing!

There are unexpected similarities with Dominique Dubrana/La Via del Profumo's delicious Sharif here (almonds, dried fruit, baking spice) but without a marzipan sweetness. When the oud and musk enter from the wings, they provide incredible depth and complexity. I'll await the darkness to arrive before any further comment.

[5-Hour-Later Edit]: So, it never went dark. But it also hasn't lost it's tenacity. One single spray (and after a workout and a quick rinse) is still whirling as before. I'm increasingly impressed at how Ensar's natural perfumes continue to shut down the short-lived reputations of natural perfumes. I'm also starting to think that the oud itself is assisting in these edible gourmand qualities, in turn projected by this luminous musk. Of the single-origins I've sampled, the creamy/fruity/woody facets in Notes from Underground most conjure the vibe of Kinam Rouge—with its cherry tobacco and fruit notes. But, then again, there's much more going on here than the oud.

I'm relatively confident that this will become my favorite (among what I've managed to smell) of Ensar's Pure Parfum creations. I expected a scent of Isolation, but this one instead envelopes you in a cocoon of warm embraces. I can't quit smelling my damn arm... and I don't even need to raise it—projection and sillage are impressive.

Oh, and the leather work on this bottle is gorgeous, as is the deep chocolate color of the juice.

Attachment 152651 Attachment 152652
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FumeHood; 30th April 2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Update
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Epic Extrait (the femme version), Imitation Man, Overture Man, Tribute, Badr Al Badour, Opus XI • Puredistance M, Aenotus, Gold • Tauer L'Air, Lonesome Rider • Malle POAL • Knize Ten [Golden] • Parfums de Empire Le Cri de la Lumiθre, Azemour Les Orangers • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Richwood, 1861 Renaissance, 1888 (Casamorati), Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles • H de Parfums 1740, Tub3 Animale, Fidelis • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Cafe Milano • Rogue Chypre Siam • Dusita Oud Infini Beaufort Lignum Vitae • MDCI Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi Oud Sublime, Patchouli Extreme, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud, Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete, Oud Essentiel • Ensar Oud Tibetan Musk • Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh Intensivo •Papillon Anubis • Bogue Maai •

Quote Originally Posted by FumeHood View Post
    Attachment 152651Attachment 152652

I've never smelled Private Blend. But... WOW... who knew that something with the sinisterly entitled (and literary) "Notes from Underground" could be so plush and heavenly? I probably shouldn't have sprayed this at work, but social distancing and a quiet classroom for the day allowed me to succumb to the urge when Mr. DHL paid a visit. I know, I know... let it rest... don't judge the first spray... blah blah blah. Nope. It's Friday.

One spritz to the forearm has left me enveloped in a cloud of honeyed, wooded, GOURMAND goodness for 3 straight hours. And it isn't stopping. While the initial blast leaned pleasantly sour-rose (maybe my impression of the musk?), a creamy sweetness soon emerged. Anyone who has walked in has commented on how amazing that candle (burning on my desk) smells. Except... I'm too embarrassed to tell them to quit crediting the candle; it's me that smells amazing!

There are unexpected similarities with Dominique Dubrana/La Via del Profumo's delicious Sharif here (almonds, dried fruit, baking spice) but without a marzipan sweetness. When the oud and musk enter from the wings, they provide incredible depth and complexity. I'll await the darkness to arrive before any further comment.

[5-Hour-Later Edit]: So, it never went dark. But it also hasn't lost it's tenacity. One single spray (and after a workout and a quick rinse) is still whirling as before. I'm increasingly impressed at how Ensar's natural perfumes continue to shut down the short-lived reputations of natural perfumes. I'm also starting to think that the oud itself is assisting in these edible gourmand qualities, in turn projected by this luminous musk. Of the single-origins I've sampled, the creamy/fruity/woody facets in Notes from Underground most conjure the vibe of Kinam Rouge—with its cherry tobacco and fruit notes. But, then again, there's much more going on here than the oud.

I'm relatively confident that this will become my favorite (among what I've managed to smell) of Ensar's Pure Parfum creations. I expected a scent of Isolation, but this one instead envelopes you in a cocoon of warm embraces. I can't quit smelling my damn arm... and I don't even need to raise it—projection and sillage are impressive.

Oh, and the leather work on this bottle is gorgeous, as is the deep chocolate color of the juice.

Attachment 152651 Attachment 152652
    Thanks for that , very interesting , this is the first report I have heard on this one . Do you think the quality of the ingredients / oud are reflective of the price ? How is the musk coming through, does it have significant differences to the musk you have experienced previously through Ensar or elsewhere ? Thanks again for the detailed description .

on a kind of related note , did anyone go for Last of D’Agar which went on sale today ? 85 different ouds some of which i believe include Ensar's although I might be wrong on that . Sounds very very interesting though

Quote Originally Posted by In Amber View Post
    on a kind of related note , did anyone go for Last of D’Agar which went on sale today ? 85 different ouds some of which i believe include Ensar's although I might be wrong on that . Sounds very very interesting though
    In my opinion, I don't think that Last of D'Agar is worth pursuing for the oils in it, mainly because it seems like a soup made out of some high quality oils, with different profiles, from different regions, hell, distillation methods, so on. Why would you take all that and waste it in a perfume composition? How would someone be able to enjoy all the individual facets of each oil? Pointless in my opinion. I guess it's worth having if you want to brag about owning a perfume spray that uses 85 or so Oud Oils, including many Ensars and some Agar Auras

I did wonder about that as well , are there just too many variants of oud in there and how can they possibly be blended where they compliment each other ? i see there are other ingredients besides oud but blending that many could end up like you say as a soup of high quality oils . the concept though does sound interesting just in the fact that I have never heard of this being attempted before and I would be interested to at least see how it turned out . I've not tried anything else by Rasei Fort so I can't comment on his blending style / techniques

Yeah I’d rather have an Oud perfume with a central focus; that’s the same reason I passed on agar aura’s agar attar.
    Current Favorites: Santal Galore (Areej le Dore), Kurokami (Di Ser), Sayat Nova (Bortnikoff)

Dependent

I did wonder about that as well , are there just too many variants of oud in there and how can they possibly be blended where they compliment each other ? i see there are other ingredients besides oud but blending that many could end up like you say as a soup of high quality oils . the concept though does sound interesting just in the fact that I have never heard of this being attempted before and I would be interested to at least see how it turned out . I've not tried anything else by Rasei Fort so I can't comment on his blending style / techniques
    Blending different regions of Oud isn’t entirely synergistic. What happens is that after 4 or 5 oils the rest start to cancel each other out. There’s a reason you’ve never seen this done before and that’s because it doesn’t work. Using over 75 “rare and extinct” oils means nothing when you won’t smell more than one or two of them. Anyone who’s mixed different oils together will know this truth. You usually have one or two oils as the main focus and several supporting oils to add nuance and that’s about it.

Even when Ahmed with Elixir Attar did Jinko he only used 12 ouds and even then Le’ Essential Cambodiegne from Agar Aura was all you could smell. Oud profiles will dominate lesser profiles. You’d be better off just buying Ensar’s legend sampler and experience these oils on there own
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

what is the website for D’Agar? where do they sell this D’Agar 85 different ouds combine !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhowwaxin View Post
    what is the website for D’Agar? where do they sell this D’Agar 85 different ouds combine !!!
    https://fortandmanle.com/products/la...on-1-tola-12ml

I see that Notes From Underground has now sold out , did anyone get a bottle ? I imagine it is the leather edition that has sold out and it may be back up soon in the standard bottle .

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Blending different regions of Oud isn’t entirely synergistic. What happens is that after 4 or 5 oils the rest start to cancel each other out. There’s a reason you’ve never seen this done before and that’s because it doesn’t work. Using over 75 “rare and extinct” oils means nothing when you won’t smell more than one or two of them. Anyone who’s mixed different oils together will know this truth. You usually have one or two oils as the main focus and several supporting oils to add nuance and that’s about it.

Even when Ahmed with Elixir Attar did Jinko he only used 12 ouds and even then Le’ Essential Cambodiegne from Agar Aura was all you could smell. Oud profiles will dominate lesser profiles. You’d be better off just buying Ensar’s legend sampler and experience these oils on there own
    True , I have a bottle of Jinko from Elixir and you're right , there was definitely one oil that seemed to dominate

Basenotes Plus

His blending is masterful.
    A lot of his fragrances make the top 5 of a lot of people I know. Fatih Sultan Mehmed and Amber Absolutely being the stand outs. Kolonya is a Luca Turin 5 star rated fragrance. Holds true for me too and I own pretty much every release from EO, ALD, Bortnikoff, Agar Aura, Auphorie, D and Z etc.

Easy to knock a fragrance without trying it!
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    A lot of his fragrances make the top 5 of a lot of people I know. Fatih Sultan Mehmed and Amber Absolutely being the stand outs. Kolonya is a Luca Turin 5 star rated fragrance. Holds true for me too and I own pretty much every release from EO, ALD, Bortnikoff, Agar Aura, Auphorie, D and Z etc.

I don't doubt his skills as a perfumer. He already proved himself. I don't care how good you are, there is no way you can blend 85 types of oud, especially these oils he is using, and make them shine in the composition. Anyone who has even a bit of experience blending raw materials realizes that is impossible, especially for materials as complex as these oud oils. I believe it's a waste of some really amazing oils. Still, kudos to him for having the balls to do it.

certainly wasn't knocking anything , i was expressing curiosity , appreciate your insight though as I say I have not tried anything by the perfumer before . Fatih Sultan Mehmed looks interesting , thanks

Tibetan Musk was sold out but now came back in

Basenotes Plus

certainly wasn't knocking anything , i was expressing curiosity , appreciate your insight though as I say I have not tried anything by the perfumer before . Fatih Sultan Mehmed looks interesting , thanks
    That wasn't directed at you although I did quote you lol. Was meant to be a general comment at the end.

Do check out the house. The scents aren't polarising, they're compliment beasts, yet they are unique and natural smelling.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

That wasn't directed at you although I did quote you lol. Was meant to be a general comment at the end.

Do check out the house. The scents aren't polarising, they're compliment beasts, yet they are unique and natural smelling.
    lol no worries and thanks again , I will check out the house , I've been meaning to for quite some time .

Quote Originally Posted by prh002 View Post
    I've been lurking in the shadows since 2007 but wanted to poke my head out into the light (it hurts us) and mention that I'm wearing Oud Royale PP for the first time today. I had planned on saving it for an upcoming special occasion, but after much handwringing and listening to Morrissey's "Will Never Marry" on repeat, I decided to be excellent to myself and make today special by busting out this piece o' history. I had let it sit for a good 3+ weeks after it arrived and tried very hard to put it out of my mind, much like somebody who's just picked up a colonoscopy prep kit with a nervous eye on the calendar.

When I held the bottle up to the light and turned it around looking for the musk-pod twirl, it was nowhere to be seen - this juice is dee-ey-are-kay. "I've been had!" I thought. Then, suddenly, it appeared, bobbing against the side of the bottle like the little answer cube in a Magic 8-Ball ("Ask Again Later"). I'd describe the twirl's size as very generousl; it reminded me of the sun-dried tomatoes floating in olive oil in my fridge. If I held still and focused, I could even make out little eyelash-like hairs floating around inside the bottle like tiny sea monkeys and can only hope they'll keep their historic and hairy selves out of the tube.

I took my final breath as Pre-Oud-Royale-Me and came out blasting with one solid spray on my left wrist and one on my neck, then went to grab a latte in the cool April morning air. I spent the drive to the coffee shop throwing my head back to get a whiff of a waft, smiling, quickly getting back into my lane and repeating. I could still smell a far-away palace in my car when I got back in with my mask on 15 minutes later. Now 11 hours in, all I'm able to pick up is the refined and comforting ambergris when I put nostrils to wrist. I don't think I can write much about the oud itself that hasn't already been written, so suffice it to say that this is capital-ess Special. Spray it on me in my coffin When the Time Comes and leave the bottle inside on your way out the door, please and thank you!

As delightful as OR is to wear and as much as I'd theoretically want to wear it to let others around me smell some history, I truthfully see this as being a fragrance that I'd put on just for myself and would probably reach for it twice a year at most. If I were to wear this to work, I could picture patients wanting to linger after I've leaned in to give them their COVID vaccines and the lines are just simply too long to allow that! I'm looking forward to seeing how it further develops as months turn into years and administrations come and go.

The samples that came with this (Tibetan Musk, Sultan Qaboos's perfume, Blue Kalbar & King Kambodi) had unfortunately all leaked into and stained the small red sample pouch by the time they made it to my door. I think I've only ever had one EO sample vial make it to me where the contents hadn't completely leaked out or evaporated, but I've still been able to smell the insides of the vials and give a ghost of a swipe on the back of my hand to get an impression of their former contents. Regardless, that red pouch is perhaps the Best-Smelling Thing I've ever smelled. My digits frequently quiver in the pouch's general direction throughout the day and smelling it is the last thing I do before going to bed. I was half-expecting (and fully-hoping) that Oud Royale by itself would smell just like this pouch, but if "all" I have to do to achieve that otherworldly scent is layer BK, TM, OR & KK together, then bring me my wallet, Jeeves! (Incidentally, I spent my youth and young manhood unlearning a lesson that Stephanie Tanner taught me about credit cards at a tender and impressionable age in an early episode of Full House: Buy now, pay later!)

I wore EO No. 1: Manipur yesterday and noticed significantly more projection and longevity compared with Oud Royale. No. 1 presents a much greater challenge to my nose, while Oud Royale was relatively effortless to wear: just spray, smile and try to make more than the minimum monthly payment. I very much like Oud Royale and the stories behind it and am truly grateful to have both, putting the lie to [what I may be misremembering as] a quote from Notes From Underground in which Ol' D wrote that "the definition of man is a being who goes on two legs and is ungrateful."

Speaking of Ol' D and NFU, these releases are coming so Fast & Furious[ly] that I'll never end up contributing to my Roth if I keep hitting "Add to Cart" (and my car really needs new tires & shocks so I don't keep Tokyo-Drifting around corners). I pre-ordered C&P and have a bottle of Tibetan Musk shipping out later this month so I'm going to have to do some more handwringing & kopeck-kounting before I make a decision on it. I strongly suspect I'm a soft target for Ensar's copy and am taking steps to come to terms with that. Future Me knows what the right thing to do is but Present Me wants Me to have a Present!

Time to slither back into the shadows for another 14 years!
    My good Sir! This is the first and most delectable review of EO OR PP that I have had the pleasure to lay eyes on! I have literally scoured the darkest reaches of the known internet to have the tiniest iota of how this parfum has been received. How thankful I am that you have poked your head out, much like the majestic tortoise, to grace us with this insight.

I am in the process of acquiring this parfum and due to my work I won’t even be able to lay eyes upon, much less have the pleasure of running my nostrils over this elixir of perfection for 4-6 months.

Since no one else has deigned to even acknowledge your fine review, I immediately registered here to both thank you and congratulate you on a most satisfying, excitement quenching description of your experience! I was prepared for half a years agony and torture, and you kind Sir have given me words I will treasure until the moment I can introduce myself personally to this fragrance and lather myself in its exquisite tones!

Thank you!

Anyone tried C&P new? Homeros? Tibetan Musk? Got these coming soon.

Anyone tried Oud Yusuf Royale? Its mixed with Sultan Qaboos Wild Oud?

The disvoer set is finally back!

Do you guys think that it is just a concentration difference or some ingredients like musk and ambergris tinctures were removed?

https://ensaroud.com/en/product/edp-discovery-set/1257

Quote Originally Posted by Balushi View Post

Do you guys think that it is just a concentration difference or some ingredients like musk and ambergris tinctures were removed?

Most likely instead of being in musk or ambergris tincture it’ll be mixed with alcohol

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Balushi View Post

It’s the exact same formula but diluted to an EDP concentration as per Ensar’s exact words on the Facebook group. I’d highly recommend joining to stay up to date on the all the questions. Trust me there’s a lot of them.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast