Code of Conduct
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1889

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    Very persuasive passage. I went for a sample split based on your description.
    Glad you’re going to try it .
    Current Favorites: Santal Galore (Areej le Dore), Kurokami (Di Ser), Sayat Nova (Bortnikoff)

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    On the split thread. Due to the high cost he is doing smaller portions than usual.
    Awesome thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Cool. We can pass around the spirit bongo next week when naylor mails NFU to us.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Out of curiosity, how many sprays do you guys apply these Ensar Pure Parfum? Normally I go for anywhere between 2, to 4 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many sprays do you guys apply these Ensar Pure Parfum? Normally I go for anywhere between 2, to 4 sprays.
    If Im going out: indoors: 2 sprays, outdoors: 3 sprays

Working from home: 1 spray
    Hypothetical return to office: 1 spray

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Typically 3 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
    Typically 3 sprays.
    Same here, 3 works well!

edps samples arrived from ensar,

Trying tibetan musk on my hand.

Have to say I enjoy it but It is very different than EO2 and Private blend the musk is much more subtle for the moment, 1 hour in, apart from an initial blast on the opening.

I get a lot of aldheides soapy flowers and spices like black pepper and cloves. there is also some kind of powdery feels that rounds the scent.

I start to get a sweet cinnaman spice as well. It seems to be much more polite than private blend even too much polite for a musk scent.

I was thinking of buying this instead of private blend but private blend is on another level competely as a musk scent in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPillFrag View Post
    edps samples arrived from ensar,

Trying tibetan musk on my hand.

Have to say I enjoy it but It is very different than EO2 and Private blend the musk is much more subtle for the moment, 1 hour in, apart from an initial blast on the opening.

I get a lot of aldheides soapy flowers and spices like black pepper and cloves. there is also some kind of powdery feels that rounds the scent.

I start to get a sweet cinnaman spice as well. It seems to be much more polite than private blend even too much polite for a musk scent.

I was thinking of buying this instead of private blend but private blend is on another level competely as a musk scent in my opinion.
    Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the rest of the EdPs since I am interested in purchasing the set

So, I’m trying EO Black for the first time today, and I’ve gotta say it’s got me pretty stumped. There’s definitely a strong black feel/smell to it, but also kind of a sharp green plant root thing in the background too. The dark parts are definitely a hot tar type smell, however the overall whiffs have that bandaid medicinal Oud qualities that can be a bit addicting sometimes. Weirdly it smells like a dry perfume, but there seems to be a wet wood smell in it as well. I’ll definitely give this some more time, not exactly sure how I feel about it overall.

Anybody else have thoughts on black?

Quote Originally Posted by Balushi View Post
    Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the rest of the EdPs since I am interested in purchasing the set
    On the far drydown I get a gentle gurmondish vibe of crushed biscuits....don't know... if anyone here that has Tibetan Musk can relate to my description so far please let me know.

I find it very difficult to detect muskiness in this but I dont know if the musk in here has all those particularity...but I dont think so... it is quite a confusing scent so far for me.

Hi,

Im sure the Tibetan Musk was described as a Musk perfume and is mostly Musk?

Ive had it for about a week since i got the new c&p, homeros & tibetan musk but only tried 1 spray of each not really enough.

I tend to scarcely use these as i want to save for future.

I will do a full wear of Tibetan Musk on Eid on Wednesday and maybe let you know.

What are your thoughts on the description?

On the far drydown I get a gentle gurmondish vibe of crushed biscuits....don't know... if anyone here that has Tibetan Musk can relate to my description so far please let me know.

I find it very difficult to detect muskiness in this but I dont know if the musk in here has all those particularity...but I dont think so... it is quite a confusing scent so far for me.
    My bottle is the PP with a bunch of musk grains thrown in for good measure, and its intensely musky, so a bit of a departure from what youre describing. I definitely get a sparkling citric/green character in the topnotes, and for me, it dries down into a gourmandish incense with musk.
    Current Favorites: Santal Galore (Areej le Dore), Kurokami (Di Ser), Sayat Nova (Bortnikoff)

I once asked whqt is the difference between EDP and PP. Answer was that edp uses alcohol to dillute the formulation, qnd PP uses those musc and ambergris tinctures which results in formulation as intended by perfumer.
    Based on that, i would assume that edp wouldnt have much musk in it, if any. Also, 10 ml of notes costs $100 vs 500 of pp. That has to mean something, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    I once asked whqt is the difference between EDP and PP. Answer was that edp uses alcohol to dillute the formulation, qnd PP uses those musc and ambergris tinctures which results in formulation as intended by perfumer.
    Based on that, i would assume that edp wouldnt have much musk in it, if any. Also, 10 ml of notes costs $100 vs 500 of pp. That has to mean something, no?
    I did the same calculation in my head and that was the reason why I didn't purchase the Edps, it seems that they are highly diluted.

On the previous page people were saying that in the facebook group ensar was saying that the edps were using the tincture of the PP as well but in less concetration and quantity though? I know they should be less powerful than the PP but they should show their original scent too otherwise why would he put it up in the first place?

Today I am wearing EO1 assam EDP and I really really like it it is still kind of a monotone ambergris soapy leather accord that doesnt evolve much into anything else but compared to EO1 PP from sealed essence that I sampled I like more this iteration of the scent. It is way more elegant in my opinion by a lot. It is like it is more soapy but a soapiness that is smoothed out, maybe by the ambergris?, and in combination with the leather accord render the leather very delicate and classy. This is a scent I could see myself wearing for my wedding for the amount of class that emanates. I get maybe a good 3 hours of good projection than it tones down to a skin scent. I immagine the PP would last longer but so far I really really like it maybe might be the best ensar I smelled so far, with private blend.

That is just for notes from underground the other ones go for 599 for 30ml so it is 200$ per 10 ml of PP vs 100$ of 10ml of edp.. so maybe there is 50% less tinctures in them replaced by alchool

That is just for notes from underground the other ones go for 599 for 30ml so it is 200$ per 10 ml of PP vs 100$ of 10ml of edp.. so maybe there is 50% less tinctures in them replaced by alchool
    It might be. I am just sharing what i was told directly by Ensars team.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

New E O. Classics out now on Ensar's site six 9.5ml EDP's that I had to purchase right away. Chypre Sultan and Borneo Zazen along with four familiar names Kyara Koko, Jungle Kinam, Thai Tabac and Iris Ghalia. Shipping May 19th.

I can't wait.

I wore the EO2 PP again today, man this is such a nice and comforting scent, this is pure musk bliss! Personally I definitely prefer EO2 over the EO1 Manipur!

New E O. Classics out now on Ensar's site six 9.5ml EDP's that I had to purchase right away. Chypre Sultan and Borneo Zazen along with four familiar names Kyara Koko, Jungle Kinam, Thai Tabac and Iris Ghalia. Shipping May 19th.

I can't wait.
    Sweet! Gonna have to get another Kyara Koko!

I can't wait.
    Damn I missed the other EDP set.

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Damn I missed the other EDP set.
    Yes me too. If you blink it is gone. I did notice the sales price was taken off at the end. Ensar is really moving and shaking and new products are coming thick and fast.

Dependent

Yes me too. If you blink it is gone. I did notice the sales price was taken off at the end. Ensar is really moving and shaking and new products are coming thick and fast.
    Actually the issue is that a huge shipment of materials was lost by DHL so he’s having to make due with what he can for now which is why he brought back the classics. The dude keeps getting hit after hit lately which is a bummer but it’s awesome to see his resilience. Ultimately he’s trying to push people to get into the brand and the classics which is a smart move especially when there’s this much momentum happening. Unfortunately DHL keeps messing up as well as the border with holding his materials an everything. I think there’s been very limited amounts of this stuff being released.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Dependent

Ensar’s direct words are that these were identical formulas just diluted to EDP strength. There is no difference in tinctures or smells. Just dilution.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Actually the issue is that a huge shipment of materials was lost by DHL so he’s having to make due with what he can for now which is why he brought back the classics. The dude keeps getting hit after hit lately which is a bummer but it’s awesome to see his resilience. Ultimately he’s trying to push people to get into the brand and the classics which is a smart move especially when there’s this much momentum happening. Unfortunately DHL keeps messing up as well as the border with holding his materials an everything. I think there’s been very limited amounts of this stuff being released.
    Thanks for the info very nice to know. So we have another at bat with the previous newer set hopefully in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Ensar’s direct words are that these were identical formulas just diluted to EDP strength. There is no difference in tinctures or smells. Just dilution.
    That makes no sense at least in the case of Notes from Underground, since, according to Ensar's words, that centennial Qaboo's tincture was the most expensive part of it and an EDP with identical formula[s] and no difference in tinctures or smells (Have you experienced them by yourself, by the way?) should then cost double the price of its Extrait in order to make it that exactly, Aaron: and EDP. Without added alcohol, of course, as Mak-7 rightly pointed.

As a side note, and do not take it personal, It would prefer if Ensar himself could participate from time to time here, like Teone does, for example, since I am lately getting a bit confused by these well-intentioned squires and their sui generis information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkinggrade View Post
    That makes no sense at least in the case of Notes from Underground, since, according to Ensar's words, that centennial Qaboo's tincture was the most expensive part of it and an EDP with identical formula[s] and no difference in tinctures or smells (Have you experienced them by yourself, by the way?) should then cost double the price of its Extrait in order to make it that exactly, Aaron: and EDP. Without added alcohol, of course, as Mak-7 rightly pointed.

As a side note, and do not take it personal, It would prefer if Ensar himself could participate from time to time here, like Teone does, for example, since I am lately getting a bit confused by these well-intentioned squires and their sui generis information.
    Its entirely possibly to take the whole of Notes from Underground, and then dilute it in half with perfumes alcohol. Just start out with 5mls of the perfume (including the tincture), and then add 5mls of perfumers alcohol. This is what Im guessing the process was, but I could be wrong. If youre curious, I recommend reaching out on Facebook with your question.

It makes perfect sense. Take Notes from Underground as it is, dilute with perfumers alcohol. Voila, EDP.

Unfortunately, Ensar was banned here several years back.

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast