Code of Conduct
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2897

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Chypre Sultan.jpg

Chypre Sultan

The juice is extremely dark, but the scent isn't exactly what i've expected, it has a minty refreshing opening, it's almost like the Colgate toothpaste. "The obscene amount of wild Irian and Sri Lankan oud in Chypre Sultan" as Ensar put it, must be what gave me that minty cool green thing going on. Ensar said this is the most concentrated musk in the perfume history, well, the Mongolian musk is unlike any other musks I've ever smelled, this is extremely clean and lightweight, almost too light for my taste as I usually prefer something heavier, more intense, and meatier. This has zero animalic funk to it, i thought it would be very pungent and musky when he said "the most concentrated musk", I was even expecting something a bit off-putting, but that's not the case here. The musk in this Chypre Sultan is the complete opposite of Siberian or Tibetan and Tonkin type musks.

There's a slight hint of white floral and sandalwood, they're extremely delicate and light, I can hardly tell it's there unless i keep sniffing at it. There has to be more in this $1200 juice, but I'm not picking up anything else so far, haven't figure out if this is simply another diffusive scent like the Borneo Zen Tibet, or did i went nose blind to it, I'm going to have to take more time to figure this one out. But so far, It didn't blow me away, no shock and awe like the NFU, good news is....there's nothing repulsive about it. Overall it's just a very pleasant and refreshing scent profile, easy to wear, not as florals as Oud Yusuf or Monsieur Oud, and less Muskier/Oudier than those two as well.

This Chypre Sultan gave me the same vibe as the Monsieur Oud, similar style but smell completely different. If you like Monsieur Oud you will most likely love this one as well. Unfortunately, just like the Monsieur Oud, this type of scent doesn't really click with me. I prefer something much heavier. Out of everything I have tried so far, NFU, EO2, and Tibetan Musk have the most intense musks. In comparison, this Chypre Sultan rank at the bottom as far as 'Muskiness' goes. This is most definitely NOT a musk bomb, NFU took that title (and possibly Private Blend), it's actually quite mass-appealing and easy to love by the general public I think.
    Last edited by Xcaliber6685; 11th September 2021 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Chypre Sultan.jpg

Chypre Sultan

The juice is extremely dark, but the scent isn't exactly what i've expected, it has a minty refreshing opening, it's almost like the Colgate toothpaste. "The obscene amount of wild Irian and Sri Lankan oud in Chypre Sultan" as Ensar put it, must be what gave me that minty cool green thing going on. Ensar said this is the most concentrated musk in the perfume history, well, the Mongolian musk is unlike any other musks I've ever smelled, this is extremely clean and lightweight, almost too light for my taste as I usually prefer something heavier, more intense, and meatier. This has zero animalic funk to it, i thought it would be very pungent and musky when he said "the most concentrated musk", I was even expecting something a bit off-putting, but that's not the case here. The musk in this Chypre Sultan is the complete opposite of Siberian or Tibetan and Tonkin type musks.

There's a slight hint of white floral and sandalwood, they're extremely delicate and light, I can hardly tell it's there unless i keep sniffing at it. There has to be more in this $1200 juice, but I'm not picking up anything else so far, haven't figure out if this is simply another diffusive scent like the Borneo Zen Tibet, or did i went nose blind to it, I'm going to have to take more time to figure this one out. But so far, It didn't blow me away, no shock and awe like the NFU, good news is....there's nothing repulsive about it. Overall it's just a very pleasant and refreshing scent profile, easy to wear, not as florals as Oud Yusuf or Monsieur Oud, and less Muskier/Oudier than those two as well.

This Chypre Sultan gave me the same vibe as the Monsieur Oud, similar style but smell completely different. If you like Monsieur Oud you will most likely love this one as well. Unfortunately, just like the Monsieur Oud, this type of scent doesn't really click with me. I prefer something much heavier. Out of everything I have tried so far, NFU, EO2, and Tibetan Musk have the most intense musks. In comparison, this Chypre Sultan rank at the bottom as far as 'Muskiness' goes. This is most definitely NOT a musk bomb, NFU took that title (and possibly Private Blend), it's actually quite mass-appealing and easy to love by the general public I think.
    Hello bro, I'm thinking to buy this one for a while. Do you think it justifies the 1250 price tag for it! Or just go to private blend instead of this light musky one!?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielwfh View Post
    Hello bro, I'm thinking to buy this one for a while. Do you think it justifies the 1250 price tag for it! Or just go to private blend instead of this light musky one!?
    What type of scent do you gravitate toward? it really depends on your taste. Private Blend and NFU are the heavy hitters, with a lot more pungent musk, oud, and spices. While the Chypre Sultan and Sultan Red Rose are more delicate, lighter, and easier to please the unfamiliar nose, both CS and SRR are way more office-friendly than the heavy hitters. I gravitate toward the heavier type scent, so for me personally neither Chypre Sultan nor the Sultan Red Rose suits my style, so for me the price of those two are not justified. . If you're looking for something to wow you, and you want the muskiest experience, go for the heavy hitters, either Private Blend or NFU will fill that role nicely, and they both are very potent, with beast performance. I'm not sure what other EO you got, if you haven't got the EO2, it's the slightly less intense version of Private Blend but still way muskier than both CS and SRR combined. But if you want a pretty scent, something very easy, pleasant, and uplifting to wear, then Chypre Sultan fit that type of role nicely.

Ensar said this, and i quote "Chypre Sultan will be the most concentrated musk perfume in the history of perfumes.....". Most Concentrated does not mean Muskiest, I was getting the false impression that this is going to be a Musk Bomb, but it isn't. This Mongolian Musk is Extra-light in direct comparison to Siberian, Tibetan, Kashmir, and Tonkin.

To my peasant's nose:
    Siberian is the most animalic and wild, a lot of the older releases like C&P, Tigerlust, EO2, and Private Blend all used this Siberian
    Tibetan is smoother, has a twang and bite to it, still animalic, but seems to blend seamlessly without being overpowering, Tibetan Musk and Musk Yusuf are both stunning with a heap of this stuff.
    Kashmiri is used in the latest EO2 Kashmir and Kyara Koko, has a bit of that Siberian vibe but darker, gentler and tamer
    Tonkin is a whole different kind of beast altogether, it is something i almost could taste at the back of my throat, it assaults my senses in a whole different level. Notes from Underground use a load of this, I'm not aware of any other EO releases have this type of Tonkin in them.
    Mongolian variety from this Chypre Sultan is my least favorite, too light and shy for my taste.

They are all great really, but If I have to pick a favorite....it has got to be the Siberian. I couldn't get this type of Musk experience from anywhere else, not from ALD, D&Z, Elixir, or anywhere else. It's a unique and exclusive experience I could only get from EO and EO only. The EO musks is one of the main reason why I keep coming back for more, even though I whine about the performance and price on some newer releases, and still keep complaining about that masterpiece of a new Thai Tabac <~~ lol
    Last edited by Xcaliber6685; 11th September 2021 at 03:28 AM.

What type of scent do you gravitate toward? it really depends on your taste. Private Blend and NFU are the heavy hitters, with a lot more pungent musk, oud, and spices. While the Chypre Sultan and Sultan Red Rose are more delicate, lighter, and easier to please the unfamiliar nose, both CS and SRR are way more office-friendly than the heavy hitters. I gravitate toward the heavier type scent, so for me personally neither Chypre Sultan nor the Sultan Red Rose suits my style, so for me the price of those two are not justified. . If you're looking for something to wow you, and you want the muskiest experience, go for the heavy hitters, either Private Blend or NFU will fill that role nicely, and they both are very potent, with beast performance. I'm not sure what other EO you got, if you haven't got the EO2, it's the slightly less intense version of Private Blend but still way muskier than both CS and SRR combined. But if you want a pretty scent, something very easy, pleasant, and uplifting to wear, then Chypre Sultan fit that type of role nicely.

Ensar said this, and i quote "Chypre Sultan will be the most concentrated musk perfume in the history of perfumes.....". Most Concentrated does not mean Muskiest, I was getting the false impression that this is going to be a Musk Bomb, but it isn't. This Mongolian Musk is Extra-light in direct comparison to Siberian, Tibetan, Kashmir, and Tonkin.

To my peasant's nose:
    Siberian is the most animalic and wild, a lot of the older releases like C&P, Tigerlust, EO2, and Private Blend all used this Siberian
    Tibetan is smoother, has a twang and bite to it, still animalic, but seems to blend seamlessly without being overpowering, Tibetan Musk and Musk Yusuf are both stunning with a heap of this stuff.
    Kashmiri is used in the latest EO2 Kashmir and Kyara Koko, has a bit of that Siberian vibe but darker, gentler and tamer
    Tonkin is a whole different kind of beast altogether, it is something i almost could taste at the back of my throat, it assaults my senses in a whole different level. Notes from Underground use a load of this, I'm not aware of any other EO releases have this type of Tonkin in them.
    Mongolian variety from this Chypre Sultan is my least favorite, too light and shy for my taste.

They are all great really, but If I have to pick a favorite....it has got to be the Siberian. I couldn't get this type of Musk experience from anywhere else, not from ALD, D&Z, Elixir, or anywhere else. It's a unique and exclusive experience I could only get from EO and EO only. The EO musks is one of the main reason why I keep coming back for more, even though I whine about the performance and price on some newer releases, and still keep complaining about that masterpiece of a new Thai Tabac <~~ lol
    I do have all Eo.2 flankers ( PP, EDP, Kashmir ) , I do have the original c&p and almost all of his Older perfumes. I bought and sampled many of his new releases, I really think many of the new releases are so weak, comparing to what Ensar did in the past ( I don't want to mention the hike in price too). To be fare I only feel NFU is worth it from the new releases( still I feel if another perfumer made the NFU it would be in a better price range ) basically I'm looking for musk atomic bomb. I almost get fool by Ensar statement that the CS is the most concentrated musk perfume ever. I almost bought it; but I think I should first check the Basenotes form to see some reviews. Because after I purchased the new Thai Tobacco, I won't rely on the Ensar website stories. Thanks for your Honest review, bro. I do feel your pain about the Thai Tobacco too. what a waste of money. sadly

I do have all Eo.2 flankers ( PP, EDP, Kashmir ) , I do have the original c&p and almost all of his Older perfumes. I bought and sampled many of his new releases, I really think many of the new releases are so weak, comparing to what Ensar did in the past ( I don't want to mention the hike in price too). To be fare I only feel NFU is worth it from the new releases( still I feel if another perfumer made the NFU it would be in a better price range ) basically I'm looking for musk atomic bomb. I almost get fool by Ensar statement that the CS is the most concentrated musk perfume ever. I almost bought it; but I think I should first check the Basenotes form to see some reviews. Because after I purchased the new Thai Tobacco, I won't rely on the Ensar website stories. Thanks for your Honest review, bro. I do feel your pain about the Thai Tobacco too. what a waste of money. sadly
    Of all you have tried, what’s your top three?

Quote Originally Posted by mahmadna View Post
    Of all you have tried, what’s your top three?
    Well, the top three list is constantly changing , but currently I would say :
    1- NFU/ NFU special edition .
    2- C&P OG/ Eo. green.
    3- Eo.2 PP 2018/ Eo.2 Kashmir enhanced Version.

What's the difference between NFU and NFU special edition?

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    What's the difference between NFU and NFU special edition?
    Added 2 g more Ha Tinh LTD oil

I know right? As if nobody going to see through that shenanigan.

Meanwhile, DHL driver just dropped off the Chypre Sultan, going to have to check it out.
    Lol, certainly not a troll account but I've only been an observer. Genuinely curious on the spelling, not to bash on you or anything. I've seen someone on the fb groups spelling Iris as "Irish" as well, hence my curiosity.

Based on your input, you are going to be very disappointed in the Chypre Sultan. This is absolutely NOT a musk bomb lol it is an uplifting and refreshing scent in the same style as the Monsieur Oud, it smells pretty.

Out of all the >$1250~1500 releases, NFU is the one and only premium release that is worth my money in my opinion. I have a sample of the Purple Kinam PP now too, so glad I didn't spend $1500 on it, this is another one that doesn't fit my style. Purple Kinam PP is just a floral-driven scent, not getting much of any Oud or Musk, it is not my type of floral scent either, i would have been very mad at myself to pay $599 for 30ml of this Purple Kinam PP, nevermind $1500. I am looking forward to the EO3 for sure though.

20210911_122721.jpg

Based on your input, you are going to be very disappointed in the Chypre Sultan. This is absolutely NOT a musk bomb lol it is an uplifting and refreshing scent in the same style as the Monsieur Oud, it smells pretty.

Out of all the >$1250~1500 releases, NFU is the one and only premium release that is worth my money in my opinion. I have a sample of the Purple Kinam PP now too, so glad I didn't spend $1500 on it, this is another one that doesn't fit my style. Purple Kinam PP is just a floral-driven scent, not getting much of any Oud or Musk, it is not my type of floral scent either, i would have been very mad at myself to pay $599 for 30ml of this Purple Kinam PP, nevermind $1500. I am looking forward to the EO3 for sure though.

20210911_122721.jpg
    Hahaha bro, I learned the lesson after I bought the Thai tobacco, Don't blind buy New Ensar releases. I will wait for your review on the Eo.3

basically I'm looking for musk atomic bomb
    Then skip all spray perfumes that contain musk and go for attars, macerates. No perfume will ever be able to showcase the musk unless it is a very basic composition. To me, even the OG EO2 and Private Blend feel very light on the musk. The musk is there to support the composition, more as a fixative, not really as an in-your-face note. And wow, people are still biting the Tonkin saga lol....

Gave thai tabac a chance again, sprayed on my arm, gagged, went to wash it off, and had to burn some agarwood and frankincense to forget about that horrid smell. Yeah this is definitely not for me at all. Im staying far away from any green fragrances, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by MightySandalwood View Post
    Gave thai tabac a chance again, sprayed on my arm, gagged, went to wash it off, and had to burn some agarwood and frankincense to forget about that horrid smell. Yeah this is definitely not for me at all. Im staying far away from any green fragrances, never again.

LMAO......i feel for you man, the reaction is mutual.

One sniff at the cap of this new Thai Tabac, it instantly gave me a mind buzz. There's a lot of talk about mind buzz in the frag community, Taha from Agar Aura, the Therapeutic youtube dude, and many oud connoisseurs constantly be talking about mind buzzing from whatever Oud fragrances, even Ensar jumped on this mind buzz bandwagon. Yup, they were right on the money, i completely feeling it in this Thai Tabac, totally gets what it means about this mind buzz thingy, this stuff instantly drove up my blood pressure and gave me a headache, made me gag and getting all dizzy. Instant mind buzz from this Thai Tabac. This repulsive stuff smell almost toxic, it should be illegal to unleash this beast out in the public roaming around giving people mind buzz.

Can you imagine Ensar is thinking about releasing a whole series based on this crap? The dude got a very good sense of humor! Ensar constantly be talking about staying away from chemical-smelling detergent and softener, and synthetic fragrance being bad for you, then he turns around and released this toxic-smelling concoction into the public, just about any bathroom air freshener smell much better than this Thai Tabac pile of crap, this stuff is criminally bad.

Just for shit and giggle, which celebrity or movie characters do you think would wear this new Thai Tabac? I think the Joker from Batman The Dark Knight could totally rock this new Thai Tabac!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Then skip all spray perfumes that contain musk and go for attars, macerates. No perfume will ever be able to showcase the musk unless it is a very basic composition. To me, even the OG EO2 and Private Blend feel very light on the musk. The musk is there to support the composition, more as a fixative, not really as an in-your-face note. And wow, people are still biting the Tonkin saga lol....
    Any suggestions for altar? Thanks

Just for shit and giggle, which celebrity or movie characters do you think would wear this new Thai Tabac? I think the Joker from Batman The Dark Knight could totally rock this new Thai Tabac!
    Keeping on the Batman theme, Danny DeVito's Penguin in Batman Returns. I could also see Leatherface smelling like this.

The Hulk, I imagine it oozing out of him while angry.

Any suggestions for altar? Thanks
    If you want something more punchy (I assume from your posts that you do), get Muska Maharaja Imperial from Mellifluence or Imperial Musk Attar from Jinkoh Store. These should satisfy your cravings. I love EO2 and Private Blend, but can't really say these are Musk forward. Many people think Musk smells nice but on it's own it's nothing really beautiful about it. It is quite animalic and not very pleasant. I love it for how it makes me feel, I love wearing these attars before working out, I get into thi great primal animalic mindset. But wearing something Musk heavy as a perfume, I don't know. Some Musk macerations in sandalwood, especially old ones, that also use softer musks like Kashmiri, Katsuri, those can actually smell divine, very alluring, sexy, yet primal. But the butch, raw, animalic musk that many are after is not really that great on it's own. It sure is fun to wear and smell but that's about it for me.

any recommendations to tide me over guys as im saving ? was thinking some pure oils but not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    any recommendations to tide me over guys as im saving ? was thinking some pure oils but not sure
    Can’t go wrong with People’s Silani....best bang for the buck ever for an oil. Summer in a bottle.
    Current Favorites: Notes from Underground, Iris Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    If you want something more punchy (I assume from your posts that you do), get Muska Maharaja Imperial from Mellifluence or Imperial Musk Attar from Jinkoh Store. These should satisfy your cravings. I love EO2 and Private Blend, but can't really say these are Musk forward. Many people think Musk smells nice but on it's own it's nothing really beautiful about it. It is quite animalic and not very pleasant. I love it for how it makes me feel, I love wearing these attars before working out, I get into thi great primal animalic mindset. But wearing something Musk heavy as a perfume, I don't know. Some Musk macerations in sandalwood, especially old ones, that also use softer musks like Kashmiri, Katsuri, those can actually smell divine, very alluring, sexy, yet primal. But the butch, raw, animalic musk that many are after is not really that great on it's own. It sure is fun to wear and smell but that's about it for me.
    Thanks, Bro; I will give them a try for sure. Any suggestions for a spray musk edition?

Thanks, Bro; I will give them a try for sure. Any suggestions for a spray musk edition?
    None that I'm aware of. Try making a bespoke with few notes and a gallop of musk.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Are you wanting specifically Ensar recommendations or Oud in general?

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBorn View Post
    Can’t go wrong with People’s Silani....best bang for the buck ever for an oil. Summer in a bottle.
    Or try some of Ensar's floral extract just to experience the stuff neat, like the Jasmine and Tuberose he just posted, pricing is approachable, nothing crazy.

Has anyone tried the new Blue Kalbar PP? It has a really addicting aroma, wish I had more of this stuff. The performance is also really great, I applied some on my inner elbow while heading to work, could still smell it clearly after 12 hours. The blue lotus is lovely and consistency in your face, I love the creaminess which I think is the sandalwood and civet paste. The dry-down is pure sandalwood/floral heaven. I've been applying this one a lot and sincerely enjoy every single aspect of it from the opening all the way to the dry-down.

Basenotes Junkie

Has anyone tried the new Blue Kalbar PP? It has a really addicting aroma, wish I had more of this stuff. The performance is also really great, I applied some on my inner elbow while heading to work, could still smell it clearly after 12 hours. The blue lotus is lovely and consistency in your face, I love the creaminess which I think is the sandalwood and civet paste. The dry-down is pure sandalwood/floral heaven. I've been applying this one a lot and sincerely enjoy every single aspect of it from the opening all the way to the dry-down.
    If that's the version that EO sent me a sample of a month ago with a purchase, then yes - it's excellent.

Which EO have you tried that performs just as good as this new Blue Kalbar PP? just trying to get a reference point to see how other releases reacted as well. for instance...I know the new C&P doesn't perform on me at all, while other people said they got great performance out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Are you wanting specifically Ensar recommendations or Oud in general?
    anything really

Which EO have you tried that performs just as good as this new Blue Kalbar PP? just trying to get a reference point to see how other releases reacted as well. for instance...I know the new C&P doesn't perform on me at all, while other people said they got great performance out of it.
    I would say my best performing EO perfumes as of now (In no particular order): EO Red, Blue Kablar, Irish Ghalia, Oud Royale and Sultan Red Rose. These perform very good on my skin and I enjoy them a lot. How about you?

I would say my best performing EO perfumes as of now (In no particular order): EO Red, Blue Kablar, Irish Ghalia, Oud Royale and Sultan Red Rose. These perform very good on my skin and I enjoy them a lot. How about you?
    NFU, Homeros, C&P OG, Iris Ghalia OG, Thai Tabac OG, Musk Yusuf, EO2 2020, these are great, while Santal Sultan has great longevity but doesn't project as far as others. EO1 Assam/Manipur and Tibetan Musk are acceptable as well.

Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast