Code of Conduct
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97
Results 2,881 to 2,897 of 2897

Default Re: All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    Leather pouch came with the original 2018 50ml EO2 PP and EDP (leather sleeve with bottom cutout), the majority of the 2020 EO2 2.0 releases came with round stickers for both PP and EDP, 2021 EO2 Kashmir (this is the latest 3rd release) came with gold plate. I did a brief comparison between all three batches few pages back here: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...=1#post5507218
    Thx for the reply, I didnt remember your comparison, So you have the 50ml 2020 edition but that as well has the leather pouch. so was not just the first 2018 OG. Also you are saying that the 2020 edition has same performance of the manipur.. The manipur being the first edition?

Quote Originally Posted by RedPillFrag View Post
    Thx for the reply, I didnt remember your comparison, So you have the 50ml 2020 edition but that as well has the leather pouch. so was not just the first 2018 OG. Also you are saying that the 2020 edition has same performance of the manipur.. The manipur being the first edition?
    2020 releases has performance similar to EO1 Manipur, typo corrected.

Finally received my EO3 after it took a trip from OH to MA then back to OH again.

The opening has quite a prominent citrus notes, like lemon pulp instead of lime, it's smooth without any sharp edges, but definitely more citrusy than Sultan Red Rose. The rose note from the EO3 is very delicate, with zero powdery, doesn't smell jammy to me either, it's very light, delicate, and ethereal, as Joe put it. The bigger kick comes from the Musk, which is very pronounced from the opening to mid drydown, with just a hint of spices in between, i'm getting mostly the combination of Mongolian and Tibetan, quite tame and gentle, it's not as animalic as the Tibetan Musk PP but also not as gentle and shy as the Mongolian musk from Chypre Sultan, there's a hint of Tonkin musk here, but it's not as forward as the other two. I think the choice of musks here is excellent, if this had Siberian musk, it may have overshadowed the delicate Taifi rose note here, I feel the combination of Mongolian, Tibetan, and Tonkin musks strike a much better balance. As far as the Oud, it has some herbal quality to it, only playing a supporting role to both the Taifi rose and Musks, very mild in the background. Not perceiving much (if any) ambergris on this wearing,

This is not the typical Rose/Oud fragrances, definitely a Rose/Musk, and the Rose is VERY balance here, I was a bit worried that the EO3 may come off a bit on the feminine side but luckily that's not the case. I'm sure any females can rock this EO3 just fine, but I would say the Musks here tips the scale slightly more toward masculine than feminine. Overall very good projection, unsure of the longevity yet. This is not redundant if you already have the Sultan Red Rose. On me, the SRR has more prominent roses than musk, while the EO3 has more prominent musks than roses, one is a lion and the other is tiger, they are both big cats, but not the same, if you know what I mean. I think Ensar would have call the EO3 white rose, or something along that line. EO3 does NOT share any DNA with EO1 or EO2, this is completely different and unique from the other two, most definitely worthy of the EO3 name.

Finally received my EO3 after it took a trip from OH to MA then back to OH again.

The opening has quite a prominent citrus notes, like lemon pulp instead of lime, it's smooth without any sharp edges, but definitely more citrusy than Sultan Red Rose. The rose note from the EO3 is very delicate, with zero powdery, doesn't smell jammy to me either, it's very light, delicate, and ethereal, as Joe put it. The bigger kick comes from the Musk, which is very pronounced from the opening to mid drydown, with just a hint of spices in between, i'm getting mostly the combination of Mongolian and Tibetan, quite tame and gentle, it's not as animalic as the Tibetan Musk PP but also not as gentle and shy as the Mongolian musk from Chypre Sultan, there's a hint of Tonkin musk here, but it's not as forward as the other two. I think the choice of musks here is excellent, if this had Siberian musk, it may have overshadowed the delicate Taifi rose note here, I feel the combination of Mongolian, Tibetan, and Tonkin musks strike a much better balance. As far as the Oud, it has some herbal quality to it, only playing a supporting role to both the Taifi rose and Musks, very mild in the background. Not perceiving much (if any) ambergris on this wearing,

This is not the typical Rose/Oud fragrances, definitely a Rose/Musk, and the Rose is VERY balance here, I was a bit worried that the EO3 may come off a bit on the feminine side but luckily that's not the case. I'm sure any females can rock this EO3 just fine, but I would say the Musks here tips the scale slightly more toward masculine than feminine. Overall very good projection, unsure of the longevity yet. This is not redundant if you already have the Sultan Red Rose. On me, the SRR has more prominent roses than musk, while the EO3 has more prominent musks than roses, one is a lion and the other is tiger, they are both big cats, but not the same, if you know what I mean. I think Ensar would have call the EO3 white rose, or something along that line. EO3 does NOT share any DNA with EO1 or EO2, this is completely different and unique from the other two, most definitely worthy of the EO3 name.
    Now everyone can breathe out, Xcaliber has spoken and placed a royal seal of approvement!

Default All Things Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Now everyone can breathe out, Xcaliber has spoken and placed a royal seal of approvement!
    Too bad the 30ml bottles are sold out now.
    Next time I expect Ensar to take an overnight flight and hand deliver EO4 to xcaliber so that we can get that review in on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Scent is subjective, what I like others may not, I'm just a bit surprised the Santal Sultan wasn't named EO3...yea i know I'm biased toward the SS, but it is also just as unique, unlike any other EO releases too. I wonder what made Ensar chose Rose over Sandalwood as his number 3. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Too bad the 30ml bottles are sold out now.
    Next time I expect Ensar to take an overnight flight and hand deliver EO4 to xcaliber so that we can get that review in on time.
    Ensar said there will be gold plate EO3 available soon, fear not, it will be available again soon enough.

Scent is subjective, what I like others may not, I'm just a bit surprised the Santal Sultan wasn't named EO3...yea i know I'm biased toward the SS, but it is also just as unique, unlike any other EO releases too. I wonder what made Ensar chose Rose over Sandalwood as his number 3. :-p

Ensar said there will be gold plate EO3 available soon, fear not, it will be available again soon enough.
    Hm that’s interesting! Never thought of Santal Sultan in that context. I think the trinity of Rose, Oud, and Musk fall more in line with the overarching themes in all of EO’s perfumery, but sandalwood is right there as well; perhaps because it’s typically a supporting basenote, it didn’t reach the name-sake line .

I think the 30ml’s with plates are up on the website. If anyone has any problems ordering, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
    Current Favorites: Notes from Underground, Iris Noir

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBorn View Post
    Hm that’s interesting! Never thought of Santal Sultan in that context. I think the trinity of Rose, Oud, and Musk fall more in line with the overarching themes in all of EO’s perfumery, but sandalwood is right there as well; perhaps because it’s typically a supporting basenote, it didn’t reach the name-sake line .

I think the 30ml’s with plates are up on the website. If anyone has any problems ordering, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
    From a uniqueness standpoint, Santal Sultan was completely new to me compared to all other previous releases, we all have smelled Oud, Musk, and Rose in one form or another in all his previous releases right? but Santal Sultan has the Sandalwood front and center being the main player, it's the first from Ensar, another one that comes close is the new C&P Tonkin, also has quite a bit of sandalwood, but different take, and not quite as forward and dominant as the Santal Sultan. Obviously I'm biased toward Santal Sultan, absolutely love that stuff, but this EO3 is great as is, not really nitpicking or anything like that, just a thought out of curiosity is all. :-D

But yea, I guess it does make sense why Rose is picked as the number 3, to stay in alignment with the overall theme.

Ok, Now the Eo3 scent is unique; how about longevity and sillage ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danielwfh View Post
    Ok, Now the Eo3 scent is unique; how about longevity and sillage ?
    Thanks
    Sillage is good, but as far as longevity, i know all of my ALD stuff always perform noticeably better after a few weeks, it would only be fair to give EO3 the same chance and same amount of time so I can come back to evaluate its longevity properly, way too early to form a conclusion now, but based on the very first wearing, longevity seems to align with EO1 and EO2. It is certainly NOT as nuclear as Homeros or Notes from underground, those two were bombastic right out of the gate from the very first wearing, those two are beast mode on day 1 when i received them. Joe said he can still smell his EO3 like 12hr later, so I think the performance is there.

I'm not even sure if one could make a delicate note like Taifi rose to go balistic, doing so would most likely completely neutered if not destroyed the delicate characteristic of the Taifi scent profile, and probably would result in a very jammy and maybe even cloying type of rose scent, not sure, maybe those with more experience with these rose scent could chime in.

I need to give credit when credit is due. The EO team are definitely superior to any other "niche" house (and most other online perfume stores) in terms of speed and efficiency in fulfilling orders after checkout, and getting the product out the door for delivery.
    I placed an order for EO3 earlier today (after Xcalibre's glowing reviews) and within an 1hr I had received the DHL tracking number and confirmation that the order was being dispatched. Top class in this respect.
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

2020 releases has performance similar to EO1 Manipur, typo corrected.
    And that was good performance?

And that was good performance?
    If the scent profile is good or great, then I would say anywhere between 6~8hr is good enough for me personally. I sold the EO1 Manipur initially, but the scent was too good to ignore and I missed it, so I bought it again and accept the fact that it would never perform like Homeros.

If the scent profile is good or great, then I would say anywhere between 6~8hr is good enough for me personally. I sold the EO1 Manipur initially, but the scent was too good to ignore and I missed it, so I bought it again and accept the fact that it would never perform like Homeros.
    I agree I think the same for EO1 Assam and Tibetan Musk, not bombs of performance but good enough for the quality of the scent that is exeptional.

I agree I think the same for EO1 Assam and Tibetan Musk, not bombs of performance but good enough for the quality of the scent that is exeptional.
    Same here, I kept those two as well because they have a great scent profile, there isn't anything else out there that smells anywhere close to this stuff.

A belated thanks to the posters who helped me keep my DHL issues in perspective, they got to me the next day and all is well. To be fair theyve been great every other time I used them I probably shouldve cut em a little slack before complaining here.

Anyway I can echo a few of the previous posters in saying what a gem Tibetan Musk is. Not sure what I can add to the descriptions of the scent already given throughout the thread, but I can at least offer my experience with the projection/longevity and say both are solid. I hit a t shirt with 2 sprays when i first got the package and threw the shirt on the back of a couch. Ive been getting hit with wafts at my desk 25 feet away over the course of 2 days now which has been a really pleasant surprise. If it gets any stronger with age itll be monstrous

I'm surprised this question hasn't come up but I think it's time to ask it - how does EO3 compare to Malik Al Taif?

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97