Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes is quite unique - My first experience with Terre

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    My favorites are Parfum, Eau Intense Vetiver and Eau Tres Fraîche. EDT gives me a strong headache.
    I'm shocked that the EDT gives you a headache, but not the EDP. It was the opposite for me - I was excited when the EDP first came out, having just discovered the EDT. But the EDP was so concentrated that the elements that were so strong in the EDP started surfacing when I went back to the EDT. It almost made me not like the EDT. That eventually passed, thank goodness, and I never touched the EDP again.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Not bad imo, eventually after repeated wears lost its appeal to me some fragrances have this issue this is one of them for me.
    My experience as well, and I'm also largely anosmic to it or the "parfum".

I prefer the Eau Tres Fraiche flanker; strangely, I'm able to smell it better and it lasts longer on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I'm shocked that the EDT gives you a headache, but not the EDP. It was the opposite for me - I was excited when the EDP first came out, having just discovered the EDT. But the EDP was so concentrated that the elements that were so strong in the EDP started surfacing when I went back to the EDT. It almost made me not like the EDT. That eventually passed, thank goodness, and I never touched the EDP again.
    I find EDP more spicy and the EDT has tons of iso-E, thay I suspect to be the villain to me. I love the EDT but can't wear it often. I need to give the Vetiver a full wear and check out if it will buy it.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

Sillage Monster

I love Terre d'Hermes, especially the vetiver version.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: No. 22 Parfum by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Bolkonsky View Post
    Guys,

Today I tried Terre D'Hermes for the first time. Took me ages to get enough courage and do it.

I agree that it should be considered a modern classic, since I think it is quite UNIQUE. It is basically a dry smell of orange with minerals. I don't regret having bought a full bottle.
    Excellent buy! Terre d'Hermes is great stuff. I own the EDT.

Banned

Guys, the longevity of Terre is truly amazing. I sweated profusely for a long time, and now, many hours after I sprayed it, it is still going strong.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I love Terre d'Hermes, especially the vetiver version.
    I need that version myself
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Black Suede by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Guys, the longevity of Terre is truly amazing. I sweated profusely for a long time, and now, many hours after I sprayed it, it is still going strong.
    Terre d'Hermes is definitely a "sillage" scent. When I smell the spray site directly it's very different than when I catch a waft of it in the air (which smells very classy and airy). When anyone mentions the perfumer Jean-Claude Elena's "style" Terre d'Hermes and that airy, transparent character is what I harken back to in my mind. This scent really seems to define his style.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I find EDP more spicy and the EDT has tons of iso-E, thay I suspect to be the villain to me. I love the EDT but can't wear it often. I need to give the Vetiver a full wear and check out if it will buy it.

The eau intense vetiver is quite nice. It's another one of those that you have to do a full wear to really appreciate. When I had it on the back of my hand, it didn't quite have the same effect.

When TdH cane out I happened to try Montale Red Vetiver first. I preferred RV. Then got Terre but liked the parfum since it lasted longer. Now the RV seems different somehow and by that I mean my bottle I got last year from Fragrancenet seems different. More earthy. Less citrus. I have bought and sold TdH EDP three times. Like the Vetiver version but it lacks the bright citrus. Never tried the Eau Fraiche. Do I dare get the EDT since it projects better and may have as much longevity? Or the Eau Fraiche since I want it for summer and I read reviews that say it may last as long and project as well as the EDT? Or am I better off just forgetting about TdH since I’ve bought and sold the perfume version three times before?

The TdH Eau Intense Vétiver is good too.

At times I’ve described it as a wee bit of vetiver “shriek” as it sorta hit me the wrong way on occasion.

But that was a little unkind. And it also makes me sound like a pre-adolescent teen reacting dramatically upon finding out that the dreamy lead singer of her cherished boy band was suddenly and ever so unceremoniously replaced. So it comes off sounding like an analogy for Christine Nagel’s arrival. While I’m still a big fan of JCE I think Ms. Nagel deserves time to settle in. And I suspect that the arrival of Bolide d’Hermès will be one of the more exciting offerings discussed from every angle.

Speaking of settling in, I’ve found that my bottle of TdH EIV has perhaps matured enough that I would describe that vetiver note as just a slight, passable “shrill” now.

I don't like Iso-E super either.

通过我的 LYA-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

I have the EDT, Eau tres fraiche, and Parfum in my collection, and I love all of them. My all time favorite is the edt

Bought the EDT when it first came out and I still love it. Tried the EDP and much prefer the EDT. TdH is one of the frags I'd keep if I ever manage to trim down to a small collection. versatile and sufficiently faceted to make it interesting. I love the orange peel, earthy and vetiver vibe it has.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I have the EDP. Purchased on clearance at Nordstrom Rack back in January. I like it but don't love it. Reading through, I wonder if I should seek out the EDT, though I've also heard many say they like both about equally.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Don't mind me, I'm just here to correct people calling the Parfum 'EdP'. Been a pet peeve of mine for years, lol.

There is only ONE TdH EdP and that's the recent Eau Intense Vetiver flanker.

For some reason people keep calling the Parfum an EdP.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Don't mind me, I'm just here to correct people calling the Parfum 'EdP'. Been a pet peeve of mine for years, lol.

LOL! I was thinking that but didn't say anything.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

I like Terre D'Hermes, but it's not a love. A bit too simple for me. It's nice though, and a solid fragrance.

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Bought it when it was first released. Fell in love. Bought a few more bottles over the following 4 or 5 years. Unfortunately the current stuff is a shadow of its former self. Very weak and lots its bite and magic.
    Favorites
    Fahrenheit/Fahrenheit Parfum - Dior
    Aventus/Bois du Portugal/Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    Terre d'Hermes - Hermes
    Danger- Roja Dove
    Patchouli Nobile - Nobile 1942
    Naxos - Xerjoff
    1962 - Floris
    Pegwell Bay - Haeckels
    Heritage (edt & edp) - Guerlain
    Layton/Oajan- Parfums de Marly
    Savile Row - Richard James
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I thought it was actually an EdP just marketed as a parfum.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    I like Terre D'Hermes, but it's not a love. A bit too simple for me. It's nice though, and a solid fragrance.
    I think so as well, there's others that I'd be more open to wearing over it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I have the EDT, Eau tres fraiche, and Parfum in my collection, and I love all of them.
    Same here.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I like Eau Tres Fraiche the most - but haven't worn it that much the last two spring and winter times.
    And don't own a backup bottle, which means something.

I LOVE the opening, it's just so good!
    But after an hour at the latest I'm left with that slightly weird gunpowder/armpit smell and all the great citrusses are gone.

LOL. I usually don’t forget it and Voyage D’Hermès are Parfums and not EDP. You caught me in an absent-minded day.
    Last edited by Beck; 30th October 2020 at 09:31 PM.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

Most people who are not that into fragrances also think that an EdP or Parfum is exactly the same scent as an EdT, only in a higher concentration.
    Then they buy the EdP or Parfum in the hope of better durability and projection because they know and like the EdT and are then disappointed when it smells completely different.
    Currently I've seen that multiple times with the new Le Male Parfum which is a different fragrance in comparison to the original.

I am enjoying the long-term drydown right now, and I must say that it is even better than the Opening of the show. I do like this perfume.
    I totally agree. I was somewhat worried about wearing this because the initial spray is so strong but I end up smelling it at the end of the day and loving it.

I liked the E Super or whatever it was. Really.
    The parfum is stunning.
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Most people who are not that into fragrances also think that an EdP or Parfum is exactly the same scent as an EdT, only in a higher concentration.
    Then they buy the EdP or Parfum in the hope of better durability and projection because they know and like the EdT and are then disappointed when it smells completely different.
    Currently I've seen that multiple times with the new Le Male Parfum which is a different fragrance in comparison to the original.
    Agreed. Terre edt has better projection than Terre Parfum.

EDT > Parfum

Parfum > EDT