Code of Conduct

Default Is DecantShop Still a Legitimate Website?

Is this website still actually running? Has anyone ordered recently and had it fulfilled?
    I placed an order two weeks ago and haven't heard from them since....I'm starting to get concerned. I've tried emailing with no response, it seems dead.

Default Re: Is DecantShop Still a Legitimate Website?

Did you get your order? I too have an order with them for over a month now. Still no response from them.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

They have a negative rep around here. I was also about to order from them, but steered away.

I would just call your bank and get your money back. I dont think they are scammers, but they are extremely slow and unresponsive from what I gather
    Selling decants to CONUS, Tom Ford, Creed, MFK, and more!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/478...-Lush-and-more

I placed an order with DecantShop 17 days ago and their website still says "processing" with no indication the order has been filled or shipped. I've tried to contact them multiple times with no response. Yet I'm still receiving their promotional emails.

I've ordered from DecantShop many times over the past few years with no issues, but this is totally out of the ordinary for them. I'm done with DecantShop—time to open a PayPal dispute and get my money back.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo3 View Post
    I'm done with DecantShop—time to open a PayPal dispute and get my money back.
    Wise decision
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think I'm in the same boat. Placed an order 14 days ago and have not heard anything more from them. I've left an online-chat, and two separate e-mail messages with no reply. A shame.

Banned

Never used them, but many bad reviews in terms of waiting time...
    It is my hypothesis that they might restock as needed, accordingly to the orders, in order to avoid the need of a too heavy initial cash investment.
    As a result, they probably also need to wait to receive their new bottles, before being able to decant and fullfill various orders.

Even if it might be an explanation, that would be for sure no excuse for this business model, and even less for the poor communication.
    Currently wearing: Resina by Oliver & Co.

In my experience: they are legit, but slow.

I have been satisfied with the products I have ordered from DecantShop and have not had any problems. On that note, it has taken about a month to receive my orders. I have not attempted to email or call the company, so I cannot attest to their response time/ customer service. So, my only complaint is the wait time... which is enough for me to take my money elsewhere in the future.

Update:

DecantShop finally shipped my order, exactly one month after I placed it. I had to file a claim through PayPal to even get their attention. DecantShop ignored my emails but quickly created a shipping label in response to PayPal contacting them. It still took them over a week and a half to fill the order after creating the shipping label. There are definitely better places to buy perfume samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo3 View Post
    Update:

DecantShop finally shipped my order, exactly one month after I placed it. I had to file a claim through PayPal to even get their attention. DecantShop ignored my emails but quickly created a shipping label in response to PayPal contacting them. It still took them over a week and a half to fill the order after creating the shipping label. There are definitely better places to buy perfume samples.
    Wow. I guess they just needed the proper motivation. At least you are getting your decants.