Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Nissan Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    The Audi...sorry, Oudy, sounds good. The composition of the Classic sounds just right to me, classic ol' school.
    Poor Nissan is never going to live down the jokes, lol. I actually just got back from Burlington because I heard they carried Nissan fragrances. Nope. Went to another T.J. Maxx and they were pretty wiped out of all frags. I stopped in a Stage store because they are going out of business. Stage had Calvin Klein Euphoria 1.7 oz for around $46 AFTER the going out of business discount. No wonder they are going out of business. Good Riddance.

Nobody seems to carry Nissan frags around here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    3 cars featured on the website and not a Datsun or Nissan to be found. How is that marketing disaster supposed to convince one to inquire further about the fragrances?
    I grew up in Millard, NE.

Basenotes Plus

3 cars featured on the website and not a Datsun or Nissan to be found. How is that marketing disaster supposed to convince one to inquire further about the fragrances?
    Such a carefully crafted website, with its link to their "prodcuts".

I've never head of Nissan fragrances, but it would be something that I would love to have in the glove box of my Nissan, as I have a bottle of Mustang in my Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Such a carefully crafted website, with its link to their "prodcuts".
    They also misspelled the name of their PATROL cologne as PETROL, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brightgood View Post
    Poor Nissan is never going to live down the jokes, lol. I actually just got back from Burlington because I heard they carried Nissan fragrances. Nope. Went to another T.J. Maxx and they were pretty wiped out of all frags. I stopped in a Stage store because they are going out of business. Stage had Calvin Klein Euphoria 1.7 oz for around $46 AFTER the going out of business discount. No wonder they are going out of business. Good Riddance.

Nobody seems to carry Nissan frags around here.
    FragranceX are stocking them.

They also misspelled the name of their PATROL cologne as PETROL, lol.
    I would PREFER a cologne called PETROL over patrol.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

Some pretty curious marketing alright, given that they seem to have put some level of effort into the bottles etc.

I mean what fragrance line comes right out and advertises the fact that their primary outlet in the US is TJMax, and "some" Marshals ?

Edit : If you head down to the bottom of the Nissan homepage, you'll see that they are a division of Temptation International, which produces a long list of fragrance lines that no one has ever heard of. In this day and age of increasing expensive luxury marketing, some go low and some go high it seems. Worth checking out just to get an idea of this odd but apparently lucrative corner of the fragrance market :

https://temptationinternational.com
    Currently wearing: Potion by Dsquared2

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Honestly me too. What kind of fragrance name is patrol. It's so terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    Honestly me too. What kind of fragrance name is patrol. It's so terrible.
    Like police patrol? Maybe it's an Eau de Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Edit : If you head down to the bottom of the Nissan homepage, you'll see that they are a division of Temptation International, which produces a long list of fragrance lines that no one has ever heard of. In this day and age of increasing expensive luxury marketing, some go low and some go high it seems. Worth checking out just to get an idea of this odd but apparently lucrative corner of the fragrance market :

https://temptationinternational.com

Thanks for posting. Took a look at that site and it was interesting. My favorite is Gianni Venturi. It seems like I have heard of that but it's one of those great brand names like you might find for a house brand at Nordstroms or Macys, something that sounds close to companies with a heritage but really isn't.

Didn't spend a lot of time but did find that if you want to buy a fragrance they show delivery for UAE only. And the useless new fact for the day is that an AED (Dirham) is worth a whopping 27 cents, so the ones I clicked on were very affordable.......

Heaven's made of oakmoss

Me too! Can you imagine the filthy worn leather?
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by rybot View Post
    Well, it arrived. Interesting bottle, the black outline is a plastic frame that makes spraying very awkward. However, it is very easy to snap the glass bottle out to spray. Doesn't feel as cheap as others of the same price point.

The scent? Very much along the axis of Drakkar noir and lomani pour homme. It's actually pretty nice, but redundant. I'm tempted to try others of this line but worried they all take after other well known brands.
    Thanks for the review. Sounds like it smells OK at least. They won't sell themselves though

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    The Audi...sorry, Oudy, sounds good. The composition of the Classic sounds just right to me, classic ol' school.
    Lol!

Dependent

Like police patrol? Maybe it's an Eau de Bacon?
    Just did some research. Turns out that the Patrol is a Nissan car. I feel so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    Just did some research. Turns out that the Patrol is a Nissan car. I feel so dumb.
    I don't think it's sold stateside.

Dependent

I don't think it's sold stateside.
    That's what I was thinking as well.

I just received some more Nissan fragrances. Today I got Nissan Energy, Voyage, and 350Z.

Nissan Energy--This is clearly a clone of Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Kind of an odd one to clone, but I like it. I happen to really like Euphoria so this is not a surprise.

Nissan Voyage--This one has a very nice woodiness to it. If it is a clone, I don't know what it is supposed to smell like. It very well could be something which I am not familiar with. I love this one. Probably my favorite so far.

Nissan 350Z--I don't know if this one is a clone, either. It has this strong nose burning thing that so many fragrances have today. If you've ever smelled Acqua Di Gio Profondo, or Absolu then you know what I'm talking about. I suspect that is something in the formulation that helps it project. Jaguar Pace does that nose burning thing also. 350Z does not smell like Jaguar Pace, but Pace is the closest thing my inexperienced nose can relate it to.

So far I like each of the Nissan frags. Absolutely worth it. Voyage is my favorite, then Classic, then Energy, then 350Z. I'm still waiting on Patrol, Armada, Oudy, and GTR. I'll update when/if they arrive.

UPDATE: Looking back in the thread I see that Voyage is supposed to smell like Aventus. I kind of see that. Voyage is very woody. I guess I think of Aventus as being more leathery. I don't have any Aventus currently to compare it to.

UPDATE: Looking back in the thread I see that Voyage is supposed to smell like Aventus. I kind of see that. Voyage is very woody. I guess I think of Aventus as being more leathery. I don't have any Aventus currently to compare it to.
    AVENTUS isn't particularly woody or leathery. Fruity (pineapple/nlack currant), birch tar, musk, oak moss.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Okay, I got the rest in.

The blue Nissan fragrance is a Cool Water clone. That one was easy.

The Oudy is supposed to be a Black Afgano clone, but I've never smelled Black Afgano so I don't know. It does smell rich and masculine.

The white Nissan smells somewhat familiar, but I cannot place it.

The black Nissan has a sort of fruity accord.

I like them all. They are really pretty decent for being extremely cheap. I haven't tested the longevity on them, but they smell good. The Nissan Classic is definitely a long lasting scent and is the reason why I thought they were all worth checking out. I will check back in when I have more time to test them.

Summary

Nissan Classic is an EDT and seems to be a Drakkar Noir clone. It is beast mode.

Nissan GTR is an EDP and I believe it to be a Baccarat Rouge 540 clone (maybe?). It is beast mode.

Nissan Energy is an EDT and seems to be a Calvin Klein Euphoria clone.

Nissan Patrol is an EDP and I don't know what it is a clone of. It seems related to the Nissan Energy.

Nissan Voyage is an EDT and seems to be an Aventus clone. It is not exact, but I like it. A lot, actually. Probably my favorite.

Nissan Armada is an EDP and seems to be a Cool Water clone (I've never smelled Green Irish Tweed). Voyage and Armada might be Creed clones.

Nissan Oudy is an EDT and is supposed to be a Black Afgano clone. I'm not familiar with Black Afgano so I cannot confirm.

Nissan 350Z is an EDP and I don't know what it is a clone of. It has a shower gel vibe and I like it.

The two black Nissan frags (Classic and GTR) are by far the most beastly to me. Strong projectors and very long lasting.

On the whole, these frags are extremely good values. Obviously someone with more frag experience would be able to give a more accurate description of each one. I have a preference for conehead fragrances, which none of these are, but I am not disappointed in these at all. I've spent more money on 2 mL decants which I liked less.

I recently purchased a 100 mL of Yachtman Dense for around $7 and it is virtually scentless. So cheap frags are not always a good value. I would say these Nissan frags are an awesome value. Totally under the radar.

Summary

Nissan Classic is an EDT and seems to be a Drakkar Noir clone. It is beast mode.

Nissan GTR is an EDP and I believe it to be a Baccarat Rouge 540 clone (maybe?). It is beast mode.

Nissan Energy is an EDT and seems to be a Calvin Klein Euphoria clone.

Nissan Patrol is an EDP and I don't know what it is a clone of. It seems related to the Nissan Energy.

Nissan Voyage is an EDT and seems to be an Aventus clone. It is not exact, but I like it. A lot, actually. Probably my favorite.

Nissan Armada is an EDP and seems to be a Cool Water clone (I've never smelled Green Irish Tweed). Voyage and Armada might be Creed clones.

Nissan Oudy is an EDT and is supposed to be a Black Afgano clone. I'm not familiar with Black Afgano so I cannot confirm.

Nissan 350Z is an EDP and I don't know what it is a clone of. It has a shower gel vibe and I like it.

The two black Nissan frags (Classic and GTR) are by far the most beastly to me. Strong projectors and very long lasting.

On the whole, these frags are extremely good values. Obviously someone with more frag experience would be able to give a more accurate description of each one. I have a preference for conehead fragrances, which none of these are, but I am not disappointed in these at all. I've spent more money on 2 mL decants which I liked less.

I recently purchased a 100 mL of Yachtman Dense for around $7 and it is virtually scentless. So cheap frags are not always a good value. I would say these Nissan frags are an awesome value. Totally under the radar.
    Thank you for the summaries. I think I'll pass.

The yacht man part cracked me up. Actually I have dense and I can smell it, but easy to believe others don't. If I remember right it is dark green and I have no clue what is is supposed to be similar to if a copy.

No one talks about Yacht Man on here but I would recommend them to people getting started because they are dirt cheap and kind of give you an idea of some of the common genres. For people with a decent collection it's a lot harder to recommend any. I got a bunch of them for $4 shipping include in my early days of branching out and didn't dislike any of them.

But back to what really cracked me up, I had Yacht Man Blue. It would smell blue for about 5 minutes and go away. I had splurged $6 to get the box set with shower gel. Had taken it traveling where was going to be outside all day and kept adding sprays. Got to where it was shower gel plus about 40 sprays to torso and still gone in half hour..... so just about like it had no smell!!

Blog Entries

I have the Armada one, and tbh it's not bad.. it smells like Le Male and CW combined.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Icon Racing by Dunhill

On the subject of Patrol...

287bed917c52cdcf32484d7578b057d68a2f8062.jpg

On the subject of Nissan Fragrances...I'm sure it has nothing, or almost nothing, to do with the car company. Perhaps Nissan don't know, or don't care about it.

They can't spell. Take a look at their PRODCUTS (as cook.bot pointed out)

sausage.jpg

If you buy this believing it to be in any way related to the Nissan car company, perhaps I can interest you in some Creed Aventus?
    creed.jpg

I'm going to contact Nissan in Japan and Dubai to ask them about it.