Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Your experiences with Aramis Tuscany

I don't find Tuscany at all like the original Aramis, to be honest! I'm a bit of an odd duck in that I enjoy the non-Chant Aramis releases more than the Chant-authored Aramis releases. There are no animalic qualities in Tuscany to my nose.

It strikes me as being a leather chypre by way of an intensely herbal, aromatic eau de cologne (there's not enough lavender or fern-like ambience for me to really think of it as a fougere, even with the Azzaro PH similarities), and once the citrus fades I'm mostly left with the herbs and leather.

My wife loves it, but she's also an avid gardener with a love of herbal notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I don't find Tuscany at all like the original Aramis, to be honest! I'm a bit of an odd duck in that I enjoy the non-Chant Aramis releases more than the Chant-authored Aramis releases. There are no animalic qualities in Tuscany to my nose.
    Perhaps 'sweaty' is overstating it, but I do find a kind of herbal funk in there that bears a family resemblance to original Aramis. Cumin? Caraway? Further testing required.

Just snagged a vintage sample and am a bit obsessed with it. It definitely feels like a cousin of Azzaro Pour Homme though if APH is 70's era Burt Reynolds, AT might be Paul Newman. I'm not quite sure about the fleeting 'sweaty nether regions' note a la the caraway(?) but it's def a frag to experience more in the air than by buring one's nose in it. These old school masculines really have a quiet confidence about them though, of course, that's a subjective take.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

When I was in my late teens/early twenties, I got great feedback on Tuscany.

Does anyone know what year Aramis changed labels on Tuscany?

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Perhaps 'sweaty' is overstating it, but I do find a kind of herbal funk in there that bears a family resemblance to original Aramis. Cumin? Caraway? Further testing required.
    The first time I wore it, it was a winter day and I thought it had a nice retro feel to it, perfect for a leather jacket.

Second time I wore it was at work, and there was definitely a sweat note in there. That's what kind of kills it for me.

It's probably getting ungifted so I'll give it another shot and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    Does anyone know what year Aramis changed labels on Tuscany?
    I would have thought this happened the year Aramis launched the eight classic scents in the Gentleman's Collection. So in summer of 2009.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I would have thought this happened the year Aramis launched the eight classic scents in the Gentleman's Collection. So in summer of 2009.
    Thanks, just scored this baby, but there's no indication of age other than the older style bottle text.

IMG_1118.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    Thanks, just scored this baby, but there's no indication of age other than the older style bottle text.

IMG_1118.jpg
    From my own cursory perusing, this looks like a pre-reformulation bottle. I'm really loving this stuff. Even the sweaty note has an odd appeal in the air...

I have the most recent formulation, which btw is heavily rumoured to be discontinued, and I like it quite a lot. No similarities to the original Aramis to my nose.

It smells to me like Azzaro pour homme with a strong, ever present lemon note. Because of that I wear Tuscany in hot weather when I'm craving Azzaro. I wore it a few times to the beach this summer and found it really came alive in the sun and managed to stay on my skin even after dipping into the water (fresh water)
    Currently wearing: Krizia Uomo by Krizia

Just ordered a vintage bottle. I really, really love this stuff. The lemon note rivals anything I smelled so far including Profumum Roma's offering. However, the herbal, mossy, leathery dry down makes it infinitely more compelling and masculine. I think I may have to clean house on a few frags I no longer wear often enough to warrant keeping around.
    Last edited by hellbentforleather; 31st October 2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: werds

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Just ordered a vintage bottle. I really, really love this stuff. The lemon not rivals anything I smelled so far including Profumum Roma's offering. However, the herbal, mossy, leathery dry down makes it infinitely more compelling and masculine. I think I may have to clean house on a few frags I no longer wear often enough to warrant keeping around.
    I had that in high school... would like to pick it up again at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

I still love Tuscany as much as ever.

I wore it serially when it first came out and loved it. My current bottle is from 2017 and is closest in color to bottle number three. Smells good to me although I have not directly compared to the vintage.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Sillage Monster

Tuscany is the only fragrance my husband has owned or worn in the past 30+ years. I like it.

I recently repurchased Tuscany per Donna, which I originally started wearing in solidarity with my husband. The current version smells just like I remember it, thank goodness.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.