Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your experiences with Aramis Tuscany

Really enjoyed this when I received in winter.
    In that time I've picked up 2 more.
    Slightly perplexed that all 3 are slightly different.
    The first had that nice shaving foam 'gassines' a la pear drops which I enjoy and gives it the nicely groomed APH/RG parallels.
    The other two, hmmm, far more acrid/dry woody with less of the nice groomed aura.
    All 3 are different in colour.
    I doubt theres a huge market for counterfeits for Tuscany, and the changing season makes me think that is causing me to perceive differently.
    What are your experiences?
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

Default Re: Your experiences with Aramis Tuscany

It does wear differently based on climate conditions, but Tuscany has also had different formulations over the 3+ decades of its life. Color is an unreliable indicator.

Mine is a 2017 bottle, which is citrusy and sharply herbal, with an appealing dry/dusty/earthy quality. Feels "groomed" to me without feeling fussy or overly finessed. I love to wear it while gardening; it beautifully compliments the aromas of soil and plants.

Mine has a color closest to the third one and it remains a fine herbal, almost medicinally soapy scent (but in pleasantly relaxing rather than sharply chemical way), with indeed some barbershop hints close to the gentlemanly spiciness of Azzaro PH and others in that style.

Did get some dry, acidic but not unpleasantly acrid and indeed woody, but not overly powdery, smoky nor earthy woods, just a slight hint of quite rich and still moderately, rather than "bone" dry cedar and/or sandalwood, just enough to underline the barbershop chypre main theme.
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Love it and Forte. Would like to get a bottle sometime for nostalgia and to wear if it's still good.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Personally not a fan, but glad your experience is positive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Love it and Forte. Would like to get a bottle sometime for nostalgia and to wear if it's still good.

Forte is great as well-might even seek out vintage (versions but also retailers/marketplaces) for a bottle of this flanker
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Glad your enjoying it, I tried it a few times but prefer Azzaro Pour Homme over it.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Forte is great as well-might even seek out vintage (versions but also retailers/marketplaces) for a bottle of this flanker
    You'll pay a small fortune to do so.

Forte is nice as far as a dark, green take on the scent profile goes. If the original is a stroll through Tuscan fields on a sunny afternoon in autumn, Forte is a journey into a shadowy forest in spring.

Banned

My Tuscany looks like the yellow one on the right. It is a bit sharp for my tastes, but I like it.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

The sharpness is what I like about it; it feels less like a manicured, smoothed-over work of "perfumery" than a gorgeous mingling of aromas that happened to combine while strolling in Tuscany.

I've been there, and this takes me back every time.

Preferred Forte. Wish I still had a bottle. Of course, that's usually the case with stuff that's discontinued/nearly impossible to find.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

I like the scent, but I do not like the performance on my skin: completely gone after 4 hours, hot or cold weather don't matter.

the green juice should the first reformulation in the gents collection and it should be a mix of the vintage one and the forte version, the blonde juice has more resemblance with original Tuscany and it's less sharp and piercing and with moderate duration! Personally I prefer the green juice!

Cheers folks

All 3 are good, the middle one with no batch sticker is the I like most ( well spent most time with an accustomed to). Nicely rounded - I reckon its the oldest of the lot?
    A33 is in the middle and A95 most dry acrid (nearly scent it back!)
    Spritzed A95 on wrist, still Tuscany as I know it - that keep sniffing wrists about it.

Pretty darn good though

Tuscany tickles different tastebuds for me compared to APH - both top drawer
    Forte - haven't looked out for this - forbiddingly dear - haha and I don't love it as much as I do Worth PH and snaffle any that pop up for sale !

Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrain View Post
    I like the scent, but I do not like the performance on my skin: completely gone after 4 hours, hot or cold weather don't matter.
    Oh yeah , its a silent assasin in that way - wears close.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I tried it a few times but prefer Azzaro Pour Homme over it.
    This!
    Currently wearing: Shaal Nur by Etro

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Really enjoyed this when I received in winter.
    In that time I've picked up 2 more.
    Slightly perplexed that all 3 are slightly different.
    The first had that nice shaving foam 'gassines' a la pear drops which I enjoy and gives it the nicely groomed APH/RG parallels.
    The other two, hmmm, far more acrid/dry woody with less of the nice groomed aura.
    All 3 are different in colour.
    I doubt theres a huge market for counterfeits for Tuscany, and the changing season makes me think that is causing me to perceive differently.
    I recently bought a small sample of the “vintage” juice and it sounds like you have two bottles like mine. Kind of sour and mossy, and most of the top notes are gone. In fact it smells a lot like an old bottle of Devin I picked up. Compared to a more recent sample, it had the same issue. Top notes gone, mossy skeleton remains. Some vintage fragrance just don’t survive, especially “splash” versions.

Sillage Monster

It's the only "cologne" Mr. Lark wears. He goes through a couple of bottles a year and orders online. Thank goodness he doesn't spend as much on fragrance as I do.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    It's the only "cologne" Mr. Lark wears. He goes through a couple of bottles a year and orders online. Thank goodness he doesn't spend as much on fragrance as I do.
    Not a bad choice imo, once you find one that works a signature fragrance is not a bad thing. Once I smelled all the amazing scents and joined basenotes my interests went through the roof hahahahaha, oddly I can get bored of a smell who knew lol gotta keep a rotation.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I wish Houses would make more 'masculines' in the vein of Tuscany

It probably doesn't suit their progressive profiles

I have a bottle, batch A36, looks like the third one (RH side), green juice. Ken_Russell describes it well. Longevity is pretty good, even get wafts in the shower next morning.
    A December FB rotation of incense, amber, leather and spice : Avignon, Zagorsk, Penhaligon's Elixir, Casbah, Shaal Nur, Etro Ambra, Bottega Veneta, Jaipur pH, Gomma, Knize 10, Jacomo de Jacomo. Samples : Kyoto, Ouarzazate, LAVS, Eau Sacree, Incense Extreme, LADDM, ACDD, Grand Soir, Ambre Sultan, 07 Tanoke, Grimoire, Hyde, Lonestar Memories.

It's the only "cologne" Mr. Lark wears.
    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Not a bad choice imo
    I agree.

Good man!

Thanks again folks!
    Was slightly anxty as I'm selling a few decants and didn't wana get lumbered with "this doesnt smell like the one I have / you sell fakes"
    Sure itll be fine

Ya know what!
    Strange but true, I couldn't really describe that acrid, yet yesterday I got my wool knit wet- ha! It's that kinda whiff I get from A95!!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Count me as a fan. I should wear it more.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Stetson Black by Stetson

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Count me as a fan. I should wear it more.
    Is in top tier - has that wonderful - embraces one with delicious aroma without ever feeling like "I'm wearing a frag" mastery. Second-skin thats what we call it right?
    Often one of the ones I pop on before bed ( along with Worth PH ) - so that's a degree of love that ranks it above a lot if the wardrobe right there!

I have a spray bottle of the vintage. It has that nice, slightly sweaty vibe from the original Aramis but altogether I find it a bit too much and never wear it. Is there something wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I have a spray bottle of the vintage. It has that nice, slightly sweaty vibe from the original Aramis but altogether I find it a bit too much and never wear it. Is there something wrong with me?
    I've gone back and forth on Tuscany a bit. I think you're fine.

Context can make a difference, I think. I've been wearing it when someone was telling me that she really didn't like it and I've been wearing it when someone was telling me I smelled amazing. In addition to enjoying the wearing more in the latter case, the fragrance even smelled better to me, it seemed.