Code of Conduct

Default New Zaharoff release: Zaharoff Signature Noir

I picked up Zaharoff Signature a few weeks back and enjoy it. It's kind of a classic structure-wise, but with a modern twist with barbershop lavender that segues darker into incense and oud. It's quite versatile, at least imo, with regards to time of year as it's not too heavy and not too light - though it does lean more towards the formal end of the spectrum. Now there's the limited release, Zaharoff Signature Noir, which apparently isn't on their website yet. Here's the link to parfumo.net: https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Zah...signature-noir.

It'll be interesting to see how this one compares.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: New Zaharoff release: Zaharoff Signature Noir

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Oh lord, another limited release.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info the Bark. I like the Signature release because it has a great balance of all the notes. Smooth, polished, complex, yet modern. Not sure how the Signature Noir can improve it because a tad too much of anything might ruin the composition and might smell retro. I'll try to keep an open mind to sample it once released.

I just saw on the Zaharoff website that there's actually going to be two limited edition flankers. They're both available for pre-sale now in 2 oz. bottles.

The first is Signature Noir as already stated. Description is as follows: "We took this extraordinary fragrance and removed all of the herbaceous oils and with just the wood and balsamic notes, added Pink Pepper with citrus oils, Mandarin and Bergamont with a floral Fressia. To take it to another level of dark, Anis, and Tonka were added to the Oud, Frankincense and Myrrh to create a magical scent that will elevate the soul and take you on the journey of a lifetime!"

Top notes: basil, coriander, pink pepper, mandarin, bergamot
    Heart notes: ginger roots, blonde cedar, anise, cypress, freesia, fir balsam
    Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, frankincense, oud, myrrh

The second is Signature Royale. The website says: "We took this extraordinary fragrance and removed many of the herbaceous oils and with just the wood and balsamic notes, citrus oils, juniper and apple. We kept it simple in the middle note with Lavender, Pimento Leaves and Magnolia. It is in the bottom note we made it fun and edgy with a "Cashmere Wood" blend of Woods, Musk and Vanilla. At some points of your journey with this fragrance you can smell a Suede accord as these oils bounce and play on your skin! Intoxicating and alluring."

Top notes: fresh cardamom, citrus blend, himalayan juniper, apple
    Heart notes: lavender, pimento leaves, magnolia
    Bottom notes: sandalwood, gold patchouli, oud, suede and cashmere wood blend (cedarwood, amber, musk and vanilla, which brings out a suede accord)

Just for easy comparison's sake, the notes of the original Signature Pour Homme are...

Top notes: fresh cardamom, lavender, black pepper, juicy pear, blue cypress
    Heart notes: ginger roots, blonde cedar, temple oud, florentine iris, pimento leaves, fir balsam
    Base notes: sandalwood, gold patchouli, black amber, myrrh, frankincense

If you're curious, Zaharoff details where each ingredient is sourced from on the website. I'm particularly interested in Signature Royale since it seems it'll be a fresher, more casual version of the original. I agree with The Bark in that the original leans formal, which is why Royale appeals to me. Although, the addition of vanilla puts me off a bit. Also, the description of Signature Noir confuses me. It says that all the herbaceous oils have been removed, but then basil and coriander are listed as notes lol. Regardless, I'd want to try both flankers since I really like the original. If you've yet to try it and are located in the US, you can request a free sample on the website.
    Last edited by vapor-ambient; 30th June 2020 at 07:40 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Looks like the size is reduced from 4oz to 2oz. Hmm. Me don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    I just saw on the Zaharoff website that there's actually going to be two limited edition flankers. They're both available for pre-sale now in 2 oz. bottles.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if they were there the other day, I just didn't look under the fragrances tab expecting it to be on the splash page. The Royale does sound interesting with the apple, perhaps a bit more playful. It's good that they're offering the two together with a bit of discount and bonus gift.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Has anybody who pre-ordered either of the two new (or both) limited releases heard anything further regarding a shipping date? Initially, they were estimated to ship end of August - then I saw the website said end of September and George noted on FB, I believe, there were some logistic issues. We're now entering the last week of September and I haven't heard anything and am wondering if another delay is in order?