Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    Black Orchid EDT is the lighter version of it ;-)
    I tried it and found it as loud as the EdP on my skin.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Might have already tested this one in the Parfum version almost involuntarily, while strolling through a particular TF selection at a local store, did find this high to very increased performance way above the average of TF scents do already like (while keeping in mind that might like it even more not just in spite but likely because of this)
    Currently wearing: Ambré Noble by Zara

Two immediate thoughts:

That sounds incredible, I can't wait to try it!

Followed shortly by, why did they stretch out the Sahara Noir bottle? How can they re-release Sahara Noir if they already reused the bottle? Unless they plan on never re-releasing it... which means...
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own.”
    - Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by du57in View Post
    Followed shortly by, why did they stretch out the Sahara Noir bottle? How can they re-release Sahara Noir if they already reused the bottle? Unless they plan on never re-releasing it... which means...
    I can see them re-releasing it in the private line (upper section of it even).
    Currently wearing: Toy Boy by Moschino

Banned

correct me if i'm wrong, you can buy this new parfum version now directly from Tom Ford website right?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I tried it and found it as loud as the EdP on my skin.
    Yeah same here. I never found any version to be lacking or weak. I think these YouTube reviewers really shape a lot of people’s perception on what’s acceptable performance. I’ve noticed an increasing trend where every fragrance is considered weak yet every kid wearing these that show up to a bar will fumigate the whole place and say it’s just a skin scent.

piney

correct me if i'm wrong, you can buy this new parfum version now directly from Tom Ford website right?
    Yes that is correct, it is available to purchase now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThVH View Post
    I can see them re-releasing it in the private line (upper section of it even).
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. Like Amber Absolute, I could see it being changed a little, but a good chance to anyone who missed out the first time to stock up.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own.”
    - Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Yeah same here. I never found any version to be lacking or weak. I think these YouTube reviewers really shape a lot of people’s perception on what’s acceptable performance. I’ve noticed an increasing trend where every fragrance is considered weak yet every kid wearing these that show up to a bar will fumigate the whole place and say it’s just a skin scent.
    whatever it was that you were sniffing it is obviously not being sold in the market right now from Macy or Luckyscent, it is deceptive and downright misleading to hype up the Black Orchid as being potent, obnoxious, or powerful, it is hilarious and laughable. In comparison, almost every single releases from PDM are 10x louder and more obnoxious than the Black Orchid, Paco Rabanne's One million OG/Prive/Lucky those are WAY louder than the Black orchid, Armani code lines are louder, same as Dior Savage EDT and EDP filling the entire room with just 3 to 4 sprays, Y EDP is also 10X more beast mode than the Black Orchid ever wished to be, just about any other designers out there is going to kick the crap out of the Black Orchid in projection and longevity.

Stop misleading people and lying about how great the Black Orchid performance is, i have a new bottle here that i bought from Macy's, along with samples i got from Luckyscent, this shit clearly do not live up to the LIES being fabricated by the frag community. Good longevity and filling out the whole room??? you must be talking about the closet and tiny storage room.

Dependent

whatever it was that you were sniffing it is obviously not being sold in the market right now from Macy or Luckyscent, it is deceptive and downright misleading to hype up the Black Orchid as being potent, obnoxious, or powerful, it is hilarious and laughable. In comparison, almost every single releases from PDM are 10x louder and more obnoxious than the Black Orchid, Paco Rabanne's One million OG/Prive/Lucky those are WAY louder than the Black orchid, Armani code lines are louder, same as Dior Savage EDT and EDP filling the entire room with just 3 to 4 sprays, Y EDP is also 10X more beast mode than the Black Orchid ever wished to be, just about any other designers out there is going to kick the crap out of the Black Orchid in projection and longevity.

Stop misleading people and lying about how great the Black Orchid performance is, i have a new bottle here that i bought from Macy's, along with samples i got from Luckyscent, this shit clearly do not live up to the LIES being fabricated by the frag community. Good longevity and filling out the whole room??? you must be talking about the closet and tiny storage room.

Bro I’m not hyping up black orchid at all. In fact it’s the opposite. Some of us have sensitive noses. It’s not a lie to say that Black orchid has solid performance. I’m sorry you don’t feel that way but as many have stated in here it’s just not the case for us. I’m sure some YouTube reviewers might complain about it and if you’re expecting every fragrance to be BEAST MODE I guess you’ll be let down by just about anything that falls short of a 12 hour projection bomb.

And yes most of those fragrances you speak about are obnoxious. But even with YSL La Nuit De L’Homme the same great performance I’ve always had from it even though people complain online about it lasting two hours on their skin. I’ve been wearing that scent since it first came out and not much has changed that would cause me to write a bad review about it. I think the hype here is that people in the YouTube fragrance review scene are setting the standards for everyone to follow and if anything deviates from what Jeremy Fragrance or whoever else is popular says it’s seen as a lie. Sorry dude I just don’t feel black orchid is some weak, paling in comparison of any version I’ve ever tried before.

Dependent

Let's stay respectful please

Basenotes Plus

Def want to get my nose on this, hopefully I can before the tester is done at the mall!
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense
    Currently wearing: Crimson Rocks by Amouage

Black orchid edp 2019 has terrible performance for me. Skin scent a couple hours top and definitely wouldn’t get the workday out of it. Can’t wait to get this, will blind buy for sure as it’s my favourite scent

Looking forward to it!

As for performance on the current version of Black Orchid, I can personally testify that my Feb2018 bottle is a powerhouse.

Blog Entries

l adore Black Orchid, although l don't wear it often as l have to be in the right mood for it. And no, l don't overspray.

l probably wouldn't shell out the big bucks for the parfum, but l'd be delighted if it was gifted to me!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    Black orchid edp 2019 has terrible performance for me. Skin scent a couple hours top and definitely wouldn’t get the workday out of it. Can’t wait to get this, will blind buy for sure as it’s my favourite scent
    Same here, I've ordered the new Parfum version directly from TF website few days ago, should be here on next Monday. Absolutely love the scent, so much so I have two different clones hoping to get better performance (Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi and Dark Orchid by Amouroud) lol

Same here, I've ordered the new Parfum version directly from TF website few days ago, should be here on next Monday. Absolutely love the scent, so much so I have two different clones hoping to get better performance (Maremma by Tiziana Terenzi and Dark Orchid by Amouroud) lol
    look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! I’ve considered the Terenzi but but wasn’t aware of the Amouroud!

Banned

look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! I’ve considered the Terenzi but wasn’t aware of the Amouroud!
    Maremma is extremely close like 99% similar but minus the earthy truffle note, high-quality ingredients and smell awesome, i get few more hours of longevity from it than BO, i like it so much I bought a backup bottle. lol

Not a fan of Amouroud's take on the BO, way too synthetic and harsh to my nose.

Does anybody have any idea if/when this is being released in Europe? Can’t find it anywhere over here

Basenotes Member

Does anybody have any idea if/when this is being released in Europe? Can’t find it anywhere over here
    Check out incenza.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaineBCN View Post
    Check out incenza.com

just seen they have it listed with the bottle in pic but down as eau de Parfum, found out yesterday it’s not launching til next month in uk.. are they legit?

Banned

I've been wearing the new parfum version for 2 days now, it's a more intense version of the EDP, denser, and more pronounced in floral type notes, and less truffle/mushroom earthy type funk, it's more mass appealing and not as polarizing as the EDP. On my skins, the projection is a solid 3+hr, and I get about 8 to 9hr longevity with the parfum comparing to 5~6hr from the EDP.

Which one do i prefer? I love the truffle/mushroom funkiness so uniqueness wise i like the EDP more. But, the Parfum has better longevity and last through the workday, so that would be my choice if i were to pick a daily driver or signature scent.

Glowing praise, for those interested. Despite being a typical 'influencer' I find him to be one of the better 'reviewers' on youtube. That said, it sounds like he's been sent it for free, so...
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Member

just seen they have it listed with the bottle in pic but down as eau de Parfum, found out yesterday it’s not launching til next month in uk.. are they legit?
    Yes, I've also noticed that, but I guess it's really the parfum because they also have the EDP one. I've never bought anything from them but they look legit.

I've been wearing the new parfum version for 2 days now, it's a more intense version of the EDP, denser, and more pronounced in floral type notes, and less truffle/mushroom earthy type funk, it's more mass appealing and not as polarizing as the EDP. On my skins, the projection is a solid 3+hr, and I get about 8 to 9hr longevity with the parfum comparing to 5~6hr from the EDP.

Which one do i prefer? I love the truffle/mushroom funkiness so uniqueness wise i like the EDP more. But, the Parfum has better longevity and last through the workday, so that would be my choice if i were to pick a daily driver or signature scent.
    Sounds excellent, I’ve never smelled the EDP owned a bottle and never opened it sold it off I might just check this one out the bottle in the gold color looks kinda nice!

Dependent

Smelling Great Fragrance Reviews just posted a review.

Quote Originally Posted by CaineBCN View Post
    Yes, I've also noticed that, but I guess it's really the parfum because they also have the EDP one. I've never bought anything from them but they look legit.
    received my bottle from them today, very quick shipping and price was great too considering it’s brand new to market.

first impression from someone who adores the edp.... more masculine, less polarizing, on my skin less floral. I absolutely love the initial impression. More than like take over from the edp as my signature going by the first 6 hour wearing

Banned

received my bottle from them today, very quick shipping and price was great too considering it’s brand new to market.

first impression from someone who adores the edp.... more masculine, less polarizing, on my skin less floral. I absolutely love the initial impression. More than like take over from the edp as my signature going by the first 6 hour wearing
    The new Parfum is definitely more versatile for me, not that the EDP isn't versatile or anything but overall the Parfum just smell more balanced and well rounded to my nose, no specific notes that really stood out, it's just a sexy and very smooth blend that I would wear all year round and for any occasion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    Smelling Great Fragrance Reviews just posted a review.
    100% agreed with that review.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast