Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default What oud would you buy with a large budget?

hey all:

If you had USD $1,000 (plus or minus a few hundred $) to spend on an oud oil, what would you buy? This is probably the most I'd ever spend at one time, so I'm asking for your dessert island pick, not your "I'm a rich Saudi prince and this is a throwaway" pick. Make sense?

Dependent

Default Re: What oud would you buy with a large budget?

Probably two or three from Agar Aura. I hear nothing but amazing things about this craftsmen. He’s highly regarded as one of the best Oud distillers out there and he does it all by hand. I’d love to try some one day. They’re all wild, high quality distillations and are some of the most sought after in the community.

Agree, Agar Aura is very highly regarded by the connoisseurs and the prices are upper end. Many asked for his advise when they were getting their oud business started. I want the 4K.

Another guy, Al Shareef is very skilled and sources material that very few people legally/easily can, Im looking to pick up a few from him and not just oud.

Ensar sometimes releases ouds from his personal collection, I can only imagine...

The perfumist ?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ionone View Post
    The perfumist ?
    Everyone on Ouddict has came to the conclusion the perfumist is a scam. Even JK from rising Phoenix perfumes has came to the conclusion what that person sells is fake, adultered Oud for rich people with no clue what they’re buying. I’d be cautious buying anything from them. Time and time again the head perfumer/distiller Alex has been called out in the Oud community as being a fraud.

The current Koh Kong from Agar Aura, is where I’d go.

I would go for something from Agar Aura. I own a ton of stuff from Agar Aura for a reason. I have tried ouds from other companies but for me Agar Aura is the benchmark.
    I haven't tried Koh Kong 4K yet but I am sure it is amazing. I own Royal Sumatra and it is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Everyone on Ouddict has came to the conclusion the perfumist is a scam. Even JK from rising Phoenix perfumes has came to the conclusion what that person sells is fake, adultered Oud for rich people with no clue what they’re buying. I’d be cautious buying anything from them. Time and time again the head perfumer/distiller Alex has been called out in the Oud community as being a fraud.
    thanks

I would say al Shareef’s “al Malek” series would be the only place I’d spend big. The Malek al malayzi and al ceen are easily among the nicest ouds I’ve smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    hey all:

If you had USD $1,000 (plus or minus a few hundred $) to spend on an oud oil, what would you buy? This is probably the most I'd ever spend at one time, so I'm asking for your dessert island pick, not your "I'm a rich Saudi prince and this is a throwaway" pick. Make sense?
    For my $1,000, at this very moment in time I would get 2.5ml of Al Shareef's Jamaal (850usd) and blow the remaining on either 1 Hindi from Taj , EO's ZAZA ZEN or OUDBASE's FUNKMEISTER.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    For my $1,000, at this very moment in time I would get 2.5ml of Al Shareef's Jamaal (850usd) and blow the remaining on either 1 Hindi from Taj , EO's ZAZA ZEN or OUDBASE's FUNKMEISTER.
    Zaza zen is so freakin good!

hey all:

If i were you, I’ll wait until Ensar 'offers' again Kinam Rouge at 800-850 the 3gr bottle, which will be soon, and would keep the rest for a nice dinner while wearing it with your woman.

Easy to wear, great and extremely well accepted, and complimented, by people around you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Zaza zen is so freakin good!
    See, I don't feel this way AT ALL about Zaza Zen. The notes are nice, but it has no longevity or projection. I found this to be one of Ensar's weakest releases from his affordable organic ouds series. I'm basically alone in this view, I know, but I was so disappointed after everything I'd read.

See, I don't feel this way AT ALL about Zaza Zen. The notes are nice, but it has no longevity or projection. I found this to be one of Ensar's weakest releases from his affordable organic ouds series. I'm basically alone in this view, I know, but I was so disappointed after everything I'd read.
    I've never tried Zaza Zen but yeah, even the hardcore oudheads in the other oud forums have very positive things to say about it... and those guys tend to be very critical. I should have gotten some especially for the price it was available for.

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    I've never tried Zaza Zen but yeah, even the hardcore oudheads in the other oud forums have very positive things to say about it... and those guys tend to be very critical. I should have gotten some especially for the price it was available for.
    You can still find it here-https://www.zazahaus.com/product/zaza-zen/
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Member

Default What oud would you buy with a large budget?

I would buy all Agar Aura Ouds & Oriscent legends.

For daily use maybe some from Ensar.

The thing with AA’s Gen 3 style is they are clean and addictive and Oriscent is like ancient wood juices.

With anyone else my move is very calculated and probably just samples only.

However since AA has not gotten any new Gen 3 Hindi’s, i prefer Taj Oud but again its just daily use Hindi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d definitely be getting something from Agar Aura with the cash. Taha is master at what he does imo! I’d probably try and get a couple of the new perfume offerings.

Go straight for that Pursat 4K.

Those are nice source but a huge budget? Get whatever I want? I'd go to Al Shareef Oud for sure - their top shelf is on a whole other level - this family has oud roots going way back... yet have the artisanal obsession combined with the old contacts and such.

Then I'd hit Imperial Oud up for what they have to offer. They don't see promote or brag much but they don't need to, the oils speak for themselves.

Then Al Hashimi for wood - I don't think I've seen anything but "that was better than i expected" reviews of this guy's wood.

Then maybe I'd try to track down Russian Adam / Feel Oud and see what secrets he has. It would be hard to stop at just one...

Basenotes Plus

Get a 2gr of Suriranka Senkoh no question. It's $1000, on sale right now for $525. It is my favorite Oud for a purely enjoyable fantastic and interesting as hell wear. And I own Kyara Ltd 2.0, that should tell you something. And then get a 2.5gr of Kham Lao from AA. Or spring for a bottle of his Agar Attar Extrait that's about to come out. It's amazing. Regardless stick with Ensar or Agar Aura.
    Currently wearing: Tribute Attar by Amouage

There are many more great places to get really top notch oud... If you're willing to look around a little bit you may not have to pay the premium that comes with these vendors, who are both reliable but not "the best" in spite of the hype. They are among the best, not the only ones, and not the cheapest. It's a big world out there keep an open mind.

Mr.P any suggestions on more affordable but quality ouds. Would love to hear your thoughts. Love Taha’s stuff but not necessarily the pricing lol.

Imperial Oud
    Feel Oud
    La Madison Khenata
    Oidimentary
    Al Shareef Oud

I can vouch for these first hand.