Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Default Re: Today I bought August 2020

Am I the only one that thinks it's SPAM when you post in here 20 times a day just to say 'congrats' or 'good choice'?! Is everyone too passive to address this question? If you have the time to 'congrats' someone with a purchase (SPAM), then you should be polite enough to 'congradulate' me on calling you out on it.

Oh, and congrats to everyone on their purchases.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it's SPAM when you post in here 20 times a day just to say 'congrats' or 'good choice'?! Is everyone too passive to address this question? If you have the time to 'congrats' someone with a purchase (SPAM), then you should be polite enough to 'congradulate' me on calling you out on it.

You may perceive it as disingenuous but without knowing the true intention behind it it’s probably best to just let it go. There’s no meaningful consequence for better or worse for saying “congrats” to someone when they buy a bottle. On the contrary, it may be nice to hear if it’s a bottle you’ve been wanting for a while and have worked hard to save up the money to get it.

Just my thoughts...
    Last edited by Buysblind; 13th August 2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: phrasing
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Blog Entries

The people saying congrats are generally senior members being supportive and acknowledging purchases, which is appreciated.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Finally got around to buying a bottle of this. Nice little gem here, slightly different, "green" and almost mentholated-vibe that reminds me of Skoal Bandits for some reason within the first five minutes. I'm sure the mentholated-vibe is from the actual tobacco leaf itself which begins to smell more and more like pipe tobacco. It's not overpowering, too sweat or too heavy. It has a familiar feel about it, yet different from Tobacco Vanille and its ilk. Nice scent at a pretty nice price.

Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    The people saying congrats are generally senior members being supportive and acknowledging purchases, which is appreciated.
    Make an actual contribution. A complete sentence. Something to move the conversation along. That is what should be encouraged and done. Otherwise, SPAM. Senior members should know better. Many members are turned off and stay away from a lot of threads because of the overabundance of these activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    You may perceive it as disingenuous but without knowing the true intention behind it it’s probably best to just let it go. There’s no meaningful consequence for better or worse for saying “congrats” to someone when they buy a bottle. On the contrary, it may be nice to hear if it’s a bottle you’ve been wanting for a while and have worked hard to save up the money to get it.

Just my thoughts...
    If there's a story behind it and it's been shared here or in other threads, then it makes total sense! That's more of what should be happening here. Otherwise, one word posts are just VERY disingenuous. It's pretty easy to spot and see the difference as to which posts are and which aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    it may be nice to hear if it’s a bottle you’ve been wanting for a while and have worked hard to save up the money to get it.
    This is how I feel.

Make an actual contribution. A complete sentence. Something to move the conversation along.
    In accordance with the subject of this particular thread, I feel as though the type of activity you are describing as "spam" is appropriate.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Montal Aoud Legend
    Attachment 132618
    Congrats! Love this Montale also!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats! Love this Montale also!
    Lol. K, that's better?

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Montal Aoud Legend
    Attachment 132618
    Congrats on your Montale, hope you like it
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Jasmin Od by Heeley 100ml Extrait De Parfum

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Montale Discovery Set:
    Chocolate Greedy
    Vanilla Cake
    Sweet Vanilla
    Wild Pears
    Oudmazing

These all looked good from reviews and notes. Very intrigued with Sweet Vanilla (Apricot + Vanilla), could be very nice if the notes compliment each other and are done perfectly.

And on the topic of saying "Congrats", I'm very in between, of course it might be more beneficial and everything to actually say something else alongside it, but just saying Congrats is still cool and appreciated. Don't really care honestly but get both points

Hendley Bourbon EdC

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    Montale Discovery Set:
    Chocolate Greedy
    Vanilla Cake
    Sweet Vanilla
    Wild Pears
    Oudmazing

These all looked good from reviews and notes. Very intrigued with Sweet Vanilla (Apricot + Vanilla), could be very nice if the notes compliment each other and are done perfectly.

And on the topic of saying "Congrats", I'm very in between, of course it might be more beneficial and everything to actually say something else alongside it, but just saying Congrats is still cool and appreciated. Don't really care honestly but get both points
    Yes the sweet vanilla as well as vanilla cake sound interesting. Chocolate Greedy is good. Enjoy
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Finally got around to buying a bottle of this. Nice little gem here, slightly different, "green" and almost mentholated-vibe that reminds me of Skoal Bandits for some reason within the first five minutes. I'm sure the mentholated-vibe is from the actual tobacco leaf itself which begins to smell more and more like pipe tobacco. It's not overpowering, too sweat or too heavy. It has a familiar feel about it, yet different from Tobacco Vanille and its ilk. Nice scent at a pretty nice price.

Never tried any of the Aramis bottles myself, the notes break down sound interesting. Congrats

Basenotes Plus

Le Labo Ylang 49

Masque Milano Mandala
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Jasmin Od by Heeley 100ml Extrait De Parfum

Interesting. Congrats!
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal
    Currently wearing: Private Label by Jovoy

Agreed that this is a little gem. I love it as well and will probably purchase a back up.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal
    Currently wearing: Private Label by Jovoy

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Interesting. Congrats!
    Thanks.

Many members are turned off and stay away from a lot of threads because of the overabundance of these activities.
    They can stay away from those threads. There's no reason everyone has to read every thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    They can stay away from those threads. There's no reason everyone has to read every thread.
    So let people suffer because SPAM. No, you know that's a no. That's no solution. You're promoting SPAM over actual, real discussion. Right after I bring it up, it continues. They ignore me because they're guilty.

Xerjoff Mefisto
    Costume National Homme
    Armani Code Absolu
    Current Favorites:
    Invasion Barbare, Costume National Homme, Millesime Imperial, Ganymede, Rehab, Herod, Layton Exclusif, Naxos, Mefisto, Cedrat Boise, Lyric Man, Elysium, Fahrenheit (OG and Le Parfum), Azzaro PH
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

I tried it and really liked it. Still kicking myself for not buying it on the spot. Now, it just disappeared from the local Melbourne shops.
    Well done on pulling the trigger on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I tried it and really liked it. Still kicking myself for not buying it on the spot. Now, it just disappeared from the local Melbourne shops.
    Well done on pulling the trigger on this one.
    Similar boat for me. I'm looking to reaquire. I use to have a bottle but returned it. Stupid me.

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolHouseRocky View Post
    Armani Code Absolu
    Congrats on this purchase! Have you tried the Gold Edition?

Congrats on this purchase! Have you tried the Gold Edition?
    I quite like the Code line....I'd like to know how far apart/or similar it is to the Absolu?

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    Montale Discovery Set:
    Chocolate Greedy
    Vanilla Cake
    Sweet Vanilla
    Wild Pears
    Oudmazing
    This is a house that I am interested in sampling as well, although the names of these particular scents sound like they might be too sweet for my liking. I hope you enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    This is a house that I am interested in sampling as well, although the names of these particular scents sound like they might be too sweet for my liking. I hope you enjoy them.
    Vanilla Cake is such a great GOURMAND. If you’re looking for something dessert like that’s not loaded up with chocolate, cinnamon, or coffee notes, you should definitely look at VC. I think the name might even turn people away from it—it really sounds like some B+ BW product a 12 year old girl would purchase—but it’s really well done and honestly one of the best gourmand fragrances I’ve encountered. But you should at least like vanilla cake if you’re thinking about checking it out!
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast