Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Advice on 'Daily' & Warm Weather Fragrance: suggestions welcome! (Melon, Fig, Coconut, Citrus, S

Quote Originally Posted by Hsx View Post
    How about EROLFA by Creed ?
    It’s citrusy and mostly salty , kinda like the sitting next to the sea
    I've revisited a few Creeds and while Erolfa isn't one of them (I'll buy another sample at some point, though) I want to stay away from the house. I have Aventus and just feel like the Creed signature smell/DNA is so pervasive that I want something different. Thanks though.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Advice on 'Daily' & Warm Weather Fragrance: suggestions welcome! (Melon, Fig, Coconut, Citrus, S

Would still love suggestions for this.

I'm close to giving up. I feel I have exhausted fig by now. I'm willing to try some 'grassy fresh' fragrances but if it gets in to GIT territory then it's too 'perfumey'. I just want something light and fresh at least in the opening, with some sweetness in the drydown. Allure Homme is so close but too ambery in the drydown, it's less summery and more cold weather in my view.

But yeah, if anyone has any other suggestion, I'd like to hear. I've tried quite a few more but can't list them all. Something with melon or just fruity in general would be good? I don't know. Just the 'idea' of that fresh, fruity, masculine 90s aquatic...but in the modern age? And without smelling like chlorine or AdG?

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Interesting. You don't smell the Creed DNA across all their fragrances?
    Slightly with some of their scents of course, but not between MI and AVENTUS. I think with AVENTUS, they broke in to new territory for themselves.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

I'm close to giving up. I feel I have exhausted fig by now. I'm willing to try some 'grassy fresh' fragrances but if it gets in to GIT territory then it's too 'perfumey'. I just want something light and fresh at least in the opening, with some sweetness in the drydown. Allure Homme is so close but too ambery in the drydown, it's less summery and more cold weather in my view.

But yeah, if anyone has any other suggestion, I'd like to hear. I've tried quite a few more but can't list them all. Something with melon or just fruity in general would be good? I don't know. Just the 'idea' of that fresh, fruity, masculine 90s aquatic...but in the modern age? And without smelling like chlorine or AdG?
    I already suggested this, but I'm never disappointed when I put on Dior Homme Sport. It's super solid all around.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smellyD View Post
    I already suggested this, but I'm never disappointed when I put on Dior Homme Sport. It's super solid all around.
    Thanks, not to my tastes unfortunately.

I actually feel very similarly with the OP about what we are looking for. I think Creed MI could be a great fit, but I agree about the "DNA" being so prevalent. Also, I prefer owning something other than Creed for my next bottle, as I already own Green Irish Tweed. Like the OP, I have a minimalist approach to my ideal wardrobe, so I am quite selective. I'll be following along in this thread.

Platinum Egoiste?
    L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme?
    Currently wearing: L'Anarchiste by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by ralmeida View Post
    Platinum Egoiste?
    L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme?
    The Issey Miyake is definitely in the right sort of area. I tried it again about a week ago and it had that right kind of breezy, light impression. Too citric though for me - too much overlap with Aventus. I think avoiding citrus, or at least citruc dominant, scents is probably the way to go. I know I have it in the title but I think since starting the thread I've moved on and will probably split this 'type' of scent between an eau de cologne and then 'this one', something a bit light and easy but not classical or based on a classic template.

With that in mind I can't see Platinum Egoiste fitting but I've wanted to try it for a while. I don't think it's what I'm after - something closer to Allure Homme - but I'll give it a go as a reference point if nothing else!