Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Amouage Jubilation XXV

Hello everybody hope all are doing well and safe, I just received a bottle of Jubilation XXV from FraganceX and the juice is very weak do not last even a hour on me is this been watered down so much, what are your experiences with this, I know is a fragance with a lot of high reviews here, but this is not what I expected package came fine wrapped in the clear with the seal of Amouage, bottle cap is golden, everything looks good so I need your imput on this, Thanks to all.

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation XXV

never was a monster after reform must have been reduced to zero!
    D A N G E R - S E R I A L O V E R S P RA Y E R !

Fragrance, sensory bliss.

Reviews have always been all over the place with performance, it has been reformulated and would differ from the original formulation. A few years ago I bought a bottle and sprayed my cotton shirt and the performance was laughable. I sold off the bottle and have plans to revisit it, I have a carded sample and 1-2 sprays to my hand filled the room haha, so I’m just as stumped with this Amouage I do know that Amouage sprayers are greedy with output so doubling up on sprays each spot could help some.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I have a bottle from the past few years. Doesn't project that loudly but it lasts around 12 hours on my skin. An hour? Sounds very strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    I have a bottle from the past few years. Doesn't project that loudly but it lasts around 12 hours on my skin. An hour? Sounds very strange to me.
    The same here.
    Mine is made in Oman, magnetic cap.
    It has a 10-digit code - A29863D281. I don't know from what year it is.
    I bought it half a year ago.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

My bottle from about 2017 with 5 digit code and letter. Mag cap, last up to 4 hours, extremely weak juice. The further reforms go, the worse the juice is. If you can, return the bottle and i say dont spend money with the house before sampling, recording batch and asking for a bottle from same batch.

I have the Oman, magnetic cap version as well and the performance SUCKS, especially when you stand it up next to its Amouage brothers in my wardrobe - Epic Man, Interlude Man, Reflection Man and even Sunshine Man all have excellent performance - four or five sprays of any of those and I get 8 hours easy (and probably more like 12-18) and catch strong whiffs of it the whole time. Jubi, on the other hand, gives me a similar experience to yours OP. Very very close to the skin performance (can barely smell it and have to look for it) and only 3 or 4 hours of longevity.

I do have two decants of vintage (friction cap) Jubi, and it is MUCH more tenacious than my magnetic cap FB - much more in line with all the other Amouages I own that I just mentioned. So I guess reformulation really neutered this one (which is weird cause I have magnetic cap versions of Interlude, Epic, and Sunshine, and like I said, they all have excellent performance).
    Currently wearing: Red Tobacco by Mancera

I get great performance from mines, purchased from twisted Lil way back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    I get great performance from mines, purchased from twisted Lil way back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    When you say "way back", how way back do you mean? Is the cap magnetic or friction?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I do know that Amouage sprayers are greedy
    I used to think so too, but the more familiar I got with Amouage, I realized their greedy sprayers are on purpose so you don't gas out a whole building.. A single Creed firehose-style blast of Interlude (or Epic, or Reflection, or even Sunshine) would likely send people running. Not sure why Jubi - which might be the best smelling Amouage - has such lousy performance that is so out of line with the rest of their stuff.

Diamond, do you count only when it projects? Do you sniff your wrist, or not?

Interlude is not nuclear on my skin, as other are claiming.
    Dia it doesn't projects at all, but I love it.

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    Made in Oman:
    A......A..... = 2016
    A......B..... = 2017
    A......C..... = 2018
    So my bottle is from 2019.

A29863D281

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Diamond, do you count only when it projects? Do you sniff your wrist, or not?

Interlude is not nuclear on my skin, as other claims.
    Dia it doesn't projects at all, but I love it.
    I don't want to have to sniff the spot on my wrist where I sprayed to get a whiff of my SOTD. That is Jubilation. With all those others, there is no wrist smelling needed, you catch wafts of the scent all day (and all night sometimes too) just going about your business. IMO thats what a fragrance should be, thats the performance bar that I like to see met in any frag I buy a FB of.

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    Same here!
    Favorites
    Fahrenheit - Dior
    Coromandel- Chanel
    Aventus- Creed
    Bois du Portugal - Creed
    Danger- Roja Dove
    Naxos - Xerjoff
    1962 - Floris
    Polo Green - Ralph Lauren
    Heritage (edt & edp) - Guerlain
    Noir de Noir - Tom Ford
    Layton - Parfums de Marly
    Oajan - Parfums de Marly
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Yeah, it’s weird....I have a bottle I bought several months ago from a very reputable retailer, Osswald NYC, and so far I’ve found it pretty weak and underwhelming.

It’s supposed to be this rich, complex, and opulent fragrance but all I’ve gotten so far is some light black currant over a rubbery Oud note.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    From another thread:

So my bottle is from 2019.

A29863D281
    Mine too just check the code.

There is definitely a weird rubber aspect of the new version of Jubi that I’ve smelled. My almost full bottle bought 3 years ago has some of it too unfortunately. I bought a vintage partial that is pretty good, but nothing compares to the mini, a 10ml decant, and some carded samples that I bought about 6 years back! I use the mini so sparingly, it’ll probably last me 20 more years

I mentioned this back in 2015 and you’d think it was crazy talk from the reactions. The bottle I purchased this past fall is much better. I’ll have to wear it this week and see how the longevity is. I haven’t recalled any problems, though still not quite as opulent as a bottle with the original ivory cap circa 2011.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

I have a 4+ year old bottle of Jubilation XXV Man and it is not a strong scent. I don't think it ever was in any formulation.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

I have a made in UK magnetic cap bottle and while it’s not very loud projection-wise it last well over 12 hours.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    I have a 4+ year old bottle of Jubilation XXV Man and it is not a strong scent. I don't think it ever was in any formulation.

Older formula was much denser, more nuanced, you could really pick up blackberry and frankincense. a bit more powdery. It never was a loud perfume, but it had great longevity. That was why i opted for a FB. Current formula feels thin and much more chemical in its nature. And that is what i got instead of older beast. My impressions personally.

No complaints here. Have a magnetic capped bottle that projects moderately and lasts, with frequent wafts, a full working day. I’ve sampled from older friction capped bottles and the main difference I find is a bit of skank/animalic notes in the top notes which subside into the background after an hour, so I actually prefer the magnetic capped bottle precisely because it lacks this dirty opening. Plenty of blackberry and resin opulence in the heart that gradually melds into an oriental fougere drydown. It definitely has presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    No complaints here. Have a magnetic capped bottle that projects moderately and lasts, with frequent wafts, a full working day. I’ve sampled from older friction capped bottles and the main difference I find is a bit of skank/animalic notes in the top notes which subside into the background after an hour, so I actually prefer the magnetic capped bottle precisely because it lacks this dirty opening. Plenty of blackberry and resin opulence in the heart that gradually melds into an oriental fougere drydown. It definitely has presence.
    This is my experience too. Not a beast but has presence. I wonder what year your bottle is from.
    Mine is magnetic cap, made in Oman, 2018.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    This is my experience too. Not a beast but has presence. I wonder what year your bottle is from.
    Mine is magnetic cap, made in Oman, 2018.
    It’s a magnetic cap Made in UK bottle I bought in 2018. Not sure year of production as the batch code starts WMS, not the A.......B....... format.

everyday i'm samplin'

Hm. My decant gives me about 5 hours i think. Its not super long. Its got a lot going on in the begining tho. Jammy black currant oud incense, fairly balanced. Its a bit opulant smelling. But i dont see it as an oily heavy thing.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Oud Assam by Rania J

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The times I tried it, wasn't an overly powerful performer if I recall correctly.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Hm. My decant gives me about 5 hours i think. Its not super long. Its got a lot going on in the begining tho. Jammy black currant oud incense, fairly balanced. Its a bit opulant smelling. But i dont see it as an oily heavy thing.
    From the large variety of reactions with performance I have a feeling that skin plays a big part with this one.

Amouage batch control is shocking. Especially between the UK and Oman, the UK versions always seem weaker for some reason. I've performed side by side tests on skin and paper and found this to be the case. However, 1 hour is just not right.

Freed from BN Institution

When I had my sample I got moderate performance for awhile before it stayed closer to the skin.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Jubilation is a funny one for me, which I've owned before in friction cap and magnetic cap.

It is very resinous but less is more with this one. Spraying too much of any formulation comes across as too much for my nose and after a while your nose will just block the scent right out. Best advice for this is spray less and away from the nose (i.e. lower chest, back of neck, lower arms, perhaps even your knees, etc).

I also found that the berries in the opening were much smoother and more pronounced in the older juice. The newer juice's opening notes are a bit all over the place and do not come across as "berries" to me at all. The dry down has also been altered somewhat but I remember it quite different from the original version.