Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The scent of sun-kissed skin?

What fragrances smell most like skin after a day in the sun. I dunno how to describe it but it's like a slightly salty, warm, musky scent without being dirty or BO.

Anything fit the bill?
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: The scent of sun-kissed skin?

Sunset Over Santorini by Parfumerie Naturelle perhaps.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Perhaps this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As capridog, I was also thinking ambergris (which is also musky and somewhat salty). The real thing is not available, so seconding things like said Hermes.
    cacio

Something light tuberose, akin to tanning lotions. Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc or Soleil Neige.

Pierre Guillaume Long Courrier does a pretty good job of recreating the smell of suntan lotion sun kissed skin at the end of a day at the beach.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Louis Vuitton's Sun Song reminds me of your description, but it's awfully expensive for what it does.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Maybe not as literal as what you are looking for, but for me Kouros smells of haven taken a shower with a nice soap before going out to lay in the sun. I actually spray this on before going out to catch some sun in the summer to amplify the effect, and I absolutely love it.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Demeter Salt Air
    Azzaro Shine

Some ppl describe Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff in exactly this way, ie, sun kissed skin.

I always think of sun kissed skin when I wear Cologne Indelible
    375x500.30353.jpg

Freed from BN Institution

Creed Millesime Imperial. Skin having a salty smell after long hours being in the sun.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Maybe not as literal as what you are looking for, but for me Kouros smells of haven taken a shower with a nice soap before going out to lay in the sun. I actually spray this on before going out to catch some sun in the summer to amplify the effect, and I absolutely love it.
    I would agree with this - Kouros was made to smell like the skin scent of a man, if I recall well.

For me, whenever I think of sun and sea, I always think of sun tan lotion and that simply means Virgin Island Water. Again, it's probably not what you're looking for, but the olfactory association for me is quite strongly connected to that smell, even though I am not a fan of it.

Mugler Cologne perhaps

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Pierre Guillaume Long Courrier does a pretty good job of recreating the smell of suntan lotion sun kissed skin at the end of a day at the beach.
    Good suggestion.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Creed Millesime Imperial. Skin having a salty smell after long hours being in the sun.
    This.

My hair feels matted and damp, there is sand all over me and my skin glistens with salty seawater

Fleurs de Sel - Miller Harris

Banned

Bulgari Aqua, New West. Moustache if you were in the kiddie pool.

Blog Entries

Bronze Goddess.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

To me, the final phases of a classic cyphre base smells like warm, living, clean-ish skin after a day outside.

I may be alone in this, perhaps due to the way my skin integrates with the classic oakmoss/labdanum/patchouli accord.

Mitsouko and my SOTD, Givenchy II, particularly create the effect.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Dependent

Aromatics Elixir metaphorically smells like sun kissed skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    Exactly - we're on the same page.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Fire Island Bond no.9

Blog Entries

The entire Jil Sander Sun men's line imo is a good place to start, but if you don't wanna sample them all, I think that Sun Fizz this one specifically - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26148646.html would be your best bet. It reminds me of being out in the sun, copper tone, a little musky, the sand, the beach, perfectly done. Also, very similar to Nautica Sunset Voyage, if you ever smelled that one (most people on here haven't).
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Icon Racing by Dunhill

To certain extents, based on personal experiences and opinions alone and only among many others:
    seconding both the feminine and the masculine version of Jil Sander Sun, Mediterraneo by Antonio Banderas, Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden, Carlo Colucci Uomo and/or Uomo Mare, even Roma Uomo

(and while realizing to be a bit biased towards the "summery" names of all these scents, was much less influenced by the naming and far more by a solar type of smoothness, brightness and warmth all these do share to different extents)
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara

Malle Dans Tes Bras.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    To a certain extent and in some phases of it development yes!
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Fire Island Bond no.9
    My wife's number one summer beach scent.

Perhaps Bulgari Aqua Marine? Fits the salt and warm but not a lot of musk.

The one I couldn't remember for a while that kind of fits is Ferrari Silver Essence. It doesn't list coconut but many people mention getting that as a scent, a few say a bit like suntan lotion.... either one kind of gets you to the "skin in sun" area. This is one that frequently is referred to as niche quality at low price, if that matters. It's an interesting scent, has an interesting sense of style to it and price is right. Worth a sample...
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

Perhaps this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly this.

On the other end of the spectrum, YSL Kouros has always reminded me of sun-warmed skin, for some reason.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 7th August 2020 at 03:18 AM.