Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Aventus 10 year anniversary bottle real ??

I saw this somewhere. Is this real or fake? Any word onthis?

107A2CC9-635D-4EA0-B6D9-F9D2829D5F5A.jpg
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Aventus 10 year anniversary bottle real ??

Do you remember where you saw it?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I saw this too. On SoCal Scents YouTube. To me it doesn't seem real...It's just doesn't look like something Creed would do. But then again, they did sell recently...So who knows, I can't tell if i love it or hate it lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    I saw this somewhere. Is this real or fake? Any word onthis?

107A2CC9-635D-4EA0-B6D9-F9D2829D5F5A.jpg
    In an Aventus Facebook Group. I think The Aventus Lounge
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

You're looking at a collector bottle of Aventus 10 in honor of the 10th anniversary of the release of Creed Aventus. I heard Aventus 10 will be sold in November and it is a limited edition. The perfume inside will just be another reformulation batch, nothing different or new. Aventus was launched in the USA at the NYC Creed Boutique in about September 2010. I have heard from different sources that Aventus accounts for over 60% of Creed perfume sales!

I'd be amazed if that's the actual bottle. It looks awful and, to my mind, a pretty poor photoshop job.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

It would be nice if the first batch juice was inside -- it blew me away

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    I'd be amazed if that's the actual bottle. It looks awful and, to my mind, a pretty poor photoshop job.
    I first saw the image from my phone and thought it looked cool. But after looking at it from a desktop monitor, it does look pretty hokey.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

yeah if its really just a normal reformulated batch i think there is no need to buy it..

I agree. It looks cheap and off, especially how the label is squeezed in there with so little room on top. Also, for some reason the curves of the bottle never happen with the label, the bottom of the label is still straight

But design aside, it would be quite pathetic to make a huge deal of the fragrance that has been destroyed and is now rather low quality product. They'd be like "10 years ago it was good". Savage.

it's real and it's not spectacular.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Wood by Collistar

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    it's real and it's not spectacular.
    If this is true and you've tried it to confirm that it's real then that that's absolutely horrendous.

A bad photoshop doesn't discount the fact it's real - ofc. All marketing material is digitally designed these days, it's not an actual photo of the product. But still, I just can't believe that's the bottle they went with. The label in particular looks shocking.

Looks terrible. I predict it will be sold out even before hitting the store shelves.

Default Aventus 10 year anniversary bottle real ??

Another case of Creed allowing the interns to design an actual product...
    Currently wearing: Sélection Verte by Creed

I did hear something related to the anniversary is coming out late summer
    For Sale: DHP, Guerlain L'Instant d'un Ete pour homme, Thameen, Oud Rosewood, Vintage Oud wood, Santal Noir, kalan, Guerlain homme l'eau, patchouli Ardent, bond love NY, Sauvage parfum, Fidelis and others. Many decants/splits too.

Bottle Sale thread: Click here

Decants Thread: Click here

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Other companies do special or limited editions. I don't see why Creed should be any different.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

The design looks crude and unfinished, so I doubt it's real.
    Currently wearing: Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Looks terrible. I predict it will be sold out even before hitting the store shelves.
    Absolutely, if you dont have a relationship woth an Aventus representative then you may as well forget it. That means you likely will have to be a full RRP buyer in the past.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Black Gold by Mancera

If that is the real bottle. Yuck!
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

GIT bottle, Himalaya cap and a stupid sticker... Cringe

Yes it is real with the same bottle disgn and today it is sold in france with the same price of the original creed , hope anyone have tried the juice inside

Screenshot_2020-09-05 Aventus 10e anniversaire édition limitée.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The screenshot is a bit of a mess but there we go, it's real haha. Disgusting bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

What may be worth noting, however, is the note list:

Screenshot_2020-09-05 Aventus 10e anniversaire édition limitée(1).jpg

Might this be 'the original' Aventus? Moss, leather etc.?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2020-09-05 Aventus 10e anniversaire édition limitée(2).jpg

To be honest, I thought the original bottle design with the horse look pretty amateurish, too, when it was first released. Didn't seem like it fit their aesthetics. Then there was Viking, which some said looked like it was designed ala Old Spice. I'd agree it'd be great if it smelled like the original batches.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

I’m a long time Creed fan. But this will be a hard pass. That bottle is just an eyesore.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

It's certainly different to either Aventus or Aventus Cologne. It''s possibly a combination of both - melon? Orange? Aqueous? It sounds like it'll be a fruitier, pseudo-aquatic, and in that sense closer to Aventus Cologne than Aventus...but then there is moss and leather in the base, so who knows.

It's certainly different to either Aventus or Aventus Cologne. It''s possibly a combination of both - melon? Orange? Aqueous? It sounds like it'll be a fruitier, pseudo-aquatic, and in that sense closer to Aventus Cologne than Aventus...but then there is moss and leather in the base, so who knows.
    The notes on the Nose website have been different to Creed’s note listing for Aventus for years. It might be their own interpretation of the notes. The note listings they show for the 10 year anniversary version are at the moment exactly the same as regular Aventus including the oddities of melon, red pepper and cyclamen.

Unless they announce they are re-releasing an early formula Aventus ( and bypass IFRA ) then I’ll pass.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    The notes on the Nose website have been different to Creed’s note listing for Aventus for years. It might be their own interpretation of the notes. The note listings they show for the 10 year anniversary version are at the moment exactly the same as regular Aventus including the oddities of melon, red pepper and cyclamen.

Unless they announce they are re-releasing an early formula Aventus ( and bypass IFRA ) then I’ll pass.
    Technically Creed can legally sell the oldest formula in North America etc, but not Europe.
    Creed is missing an opportunity here IMO. Big fan of some of the batches from over 7 years ago, not so much modern Aventus these days even though it's still a killer fragrance overall. It was truly niche when it was newly released.

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    Technically Creed can legally sell the oldest formula in North America etc, but not Europe.
    Creed is missing an opportunity here IMO. Big fan of some of the batches from over 7 years ago, not so much modern Aventus these days even though it's still a killer fragrance overall. It was truly niche when it was newly released.
    There would be all kinds of problems with a company selling different formulas of the same fragrance in different territories. For starters people would want the ‘proper’ stuff and the company would wipe out its European market overnight as people clambered to get the prefferred stock from the other territory. Creating a superior/inferior fragrance divide on a fragrance would be a disaster.

As to the current standing of Aventus...I’m not getting into that. People can decide for themselves.

Creed Aventus 10th Anniversary
    News
    by Sanja Pekić
    5 hours ago

Creed Fragrances sold their family business and license to BlackRock (headed by Javier Ferrán) earlier this year, while remaining involved as creative directors. Creed's most famous fragrance and world bestseller Aventus is celebrating its 10th birthday this year and its special edition Aventus 10th Anniversary was launched in that name.

creed fragrances

Launched in 2010, to mark the 250th anniversary of House of Creed, Aventus has launched a new trend of fruity men’s fragrances with a distinctive combination of pineapple and birch notes. Inspired by the dramatic lives and struggles of former rulers, Aventus is presented as a tribute to iconic leaders, including Alexander the Great and Napoleon Bonaparte. It was created by Olivier Creed , the sixth generation of the main perfumer of the house, in collaboration with his son. The name comes from the Latin word for wind ("ventus").

Creed Aventus illustration

For its 10th anniversary, the Aventus is dressed in a brand new metallic outfit with historical motifs. The sewing ribbon motif, present on this limited edition, refers to the historical know-how of the house as a master tailor.

Top notes: pineapple, bergamot, apple, black currant, green notes, orange, red pepper
    Heart: birch, patchouli, rose, jasmine, cyclamen, hedione, melon, neroli, juniper berries
    Base: moss, musk, vanilla, ambergris, ambrox , cedar, leather

Aventus 10th Anniversary limited edition is available as 100ml Eau de Parfum at a price of 210 €.

No pics, but here is the text.

Got 2 on the way, cant wait to see if there is any difference from the rest of my bottles