Code of Conduct

Thread: Niche Invictus?

Default Niche Invictus?

After exploring most of the designer mall frags, I found Invictus to be the most suitable for me.

I was wondering if there's any Niche offerings that have a similar "style"?

Doesn't have to be a clone, just stuff in that Invictus area, like maybe Amyris Homme as an example.

Preferably leaning more towards bright & fresh. Something like Hawas is too dark for me.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Niche Invictus?

Perhaps Aura by Merveille De France
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Aura by Merveille De France
    Appreciate the suggestion but I can't find a bottle or sample of this anywhere so far

Based on the description and notes it sounds like an Invictus clone.

What I'm looking for doesn't have to be a clone or anything, I'm planning on keeping a bottle of Invictus, I'm just seeing what else I might not have tried in the genre, niche wise.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Not as sweet, but Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (2012) is basically a niche take on the Gucci Guilty/Invictus/Urban Hero vibe but waaay better than any of them in quality. I wore it like 14 times when I got it. That almost never happens to me.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Paradigm by Avon

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Not as sweet, but Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme (2012) is basically a niche take on the Gucci Guilty/Invictus/Urban Hero vibe but waaay better than any of them in quality. I wore it like 14 times when I got it. That almost never happens to me.
    Yeah I used that as a reference in the OP, lol, I like it a lot also, its a nice one. I appreciate the response

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    After exploring most of the designer mall frags, I found Invictus to be the most suitable for me.

Doesn't have to be a clone, just stuff in that Invictus area, like maybe Amyris Homme as an example.

Preferably leaning more towards bright & fresh. Something like Hawas is too dark for me.
    I believe Parfums de Marly might have a few Invictus "clones." Will have to sort through my samples to see which ones specifically, but someone else might know them off hand.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Yeah I used that as a reference in the OP, lol, I like it a lot also, its a nice one. I appreciate the response
    Sorry about that. Didn't read all the way down.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Paradigm by Avon

Hi, from reading on here and other sites, it seems that every other fragrance is bashed for smelling like Invictus or Sauvage, so you should have no shortage of choice!
    Can I respectfully ask, is there any particular reason you want a niche version?
    I mean, if you like Invictus then why not just get Invictus?
    Why pay over the top prices for something that smells like a cheaper fragrance?
    Invictus performs well, it projects, it lasts and you like the smell, so what would you get out of a niche scent that smelt the same?
    Even if it's not got to be the same, just similar then why must it be niche and not any other scent that fits the vibe!
    Is it just to say it's niche?
    Not judging, just confused as to your motives?
    Sorry if I've missed something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Hi, from reading on here and other sites, it seems that every other fragrance is bashed for smelling like Invictus or Sauvage, so you should have no shortage of choice!
    Can I respectfully ask, is there any particular reason you want a niche version?
    I mean, if you like Invictus then why not just get Invictus?
    Why pay over the top prices for something that smells like a cheaper fragrance?
    Invictus performs well, it projects, it lasts and you like the smell, so what would you get out of a niche scent that smelt the same?
    Even if it's not got to be the same, just similar then why must it be niche and not any other scent that fits the vibe!
    Is it just to say it's niche?
    Not judging, just confused as to your motives?
    Sorry if I've missed something here.
    These are all valid questions

I've already tried a majority of the designer "Invictusy scents", and wanted to see what was available in the niche world.

Its not that I'm looking for something that's the same, its more of stuff that's similar but still different, like flankers.

Or for example, BR540 & Saint Julep both share that signature BR540 style sweetness, but are still different enough that somebody could have both without much overlap. I'm looking for stuff like this, similar, but still different enough.

Mostly figured I'd add a couple suggestions to my next sample purchase and see how they are, I figured they'd be safe samples for me

Bond N. 9 Wall Street.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Maybe Navitus?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist...
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Do Creed not do anything in that vein I.e. Sweet Aquatic?

Or Mancera perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Or Mancera perhaps?
    This is the house I’d explore for “Niche Invictus.”

I don’t know though, it doesn’t seem to me like niche Invictus would be anything worth looking for. If it’s Invictus you want, just get that, it does what it does very well. I mean when I think of niche Invictus I think of something that’s simply way overpriced for what it is, or A mainstream smell with some weird niche-y twist that just makes it unwearable.

Having said THAT, Zealot mentioned Amyris, which is just a very nice smelling fragrance that has mainstream appeal, so I think that direction is where you should go rather than one that smells like Invictus specifically.

Another one, like Amyris, which is a niche with a mainstream appeal and smells great is XERJOFF UDEN. Try this one.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Maybe Navitus?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist...
    Haha I've actually wanted to explore that house for a while now, is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    This is the house I’d explore for “Niche Invictus.”

I don’t know though, it doesn’t seem to me like niche Invictus would be anything worth looking for. If it’s Invictus you want, just get that, it does what it does very well. I mean when I think of niche Invictus I think of something that’s simply way overpriced for what it is, or A mainstream smell with some weird niche-y twist that just makes it unwearable.

Having said THAT, Zealot mentioned Amyris, which is just a very nice smelling fragrance that has mainstream appeal, so I think that direction is where you should go rather than one that smells like Invictus specifically.

Another one, like Amyris, which is a niche with a mainstream appeal and smells great is XERJOFF UDEN. Try this one.
    Amyris actually inspired the thread and was the example I used to give more perspective into what I meant when I said "Niche Invictus". I already have and enjoy Invictus and was looking for stuff "along the lines of", like Amyris, rather than clones or anything too similar.

I'll check out Uden though, thank you

Haha I've actually wanted to explore that house for a while now, is it good?
    Never tried any and won’t. Lets say I don’t like Steven. And for those prices, oh, there are so many excellent things I could buy and potential excellent things I could sample.
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Blind buy Rasasi Hawas.

I like it so much I have a backup bottle. In comparison to invictus the sweetness is toned down, the muskyness is amped up, and a soapy element is added. The overall vibe is still youthful, but much more mature than invictus.
    Performance is outstanding as well, I have 2019 bottles, much better performance than any current invictus line offerings.
    Also, it's $50 retail

I donít think Amyris is very much your Invictus-like scent. I find Amyris a lot more complex than that especially when applied lightly. It does have some interesting facets in the dry down. They could be coffee or Oud for all I know but hard to say for sure. Itís not just tonka beans as some make it out to be.

Anyway to answer your question I think what youíre looking for is Elysium Cologne by Roja. Plenty of aroma chemicals a la Invictus, Versace Dylan Blue and the likes. The new AdG Profondo is very similar to these too.

Quote Originally Posted by PartySnake View Post
    Blind buy Rasasi Hawas.

I like it so much I have a backup bottle. In comparison to invictus the sweetness is toned down, the muskyness is amped up, and a soapy element is added. The overall vibe is still youthful, but much more mature than invictus.
    Performance is outstanding as well, I have 2019 bottles, much better performance than any current invictus line offerings.
    Also, it's $50 retail
    Already tried Hawas and mentioned in OP about not looking for that. Its nice but not my thing.

I guess I've learned I need to get to the point better in my OP and make it more understandable and easier for a quick read.

Something like:

Niche, similar style as Invictus, like Amyris

Not clone per se

Bright and fresh

Thank you

Already tried Hawas and mentioned in OP about not looking for that. Its nice but not my thing.

I guess I've learned I need to get to the point better in my OP and make it more understandable and easier for a quick read.

Something like:

Not clone per se

Bright and fresh

Thank you

Haha....not your fault dre, we need to do a better job reading before replying (at least I do).

But back to your query:

Uden (the more I think about it, the more I think you need to try this)

Layton (maybe you’ve tried this already?)

Aoud Blue Notes

+1 Elysium (I’d go with the Parfum over the Parfum Cologne)

Scent of Peace for Him

Good luck!
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Something like:

Not clone per se

Bright and fresh

Thank you

My bad, don't know how I missed it, guess I was so eager to recommend Hawas that I was distracted!

Haha....not your fault dre, we need to do a better job reading before replying (at least I do).

But back to your query:

Uden (the more I think about it, the more I think you need to try this)

Layton (maybe you’ve tried this already?)

Aoud Blue Notes

Scent of Peace for Him

Good luck!
    I also sometimes read the title &/or skim through and just hop right into a comment real quick, so I don't blame anyone. It's understandable and I appreciate the attempts anyways.

Tried a few of those and enjoy them, I'll check out the rest for sure. Thank you

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PartySnake View Post
    Blind buy Rasasi Hawas.

Also, it's $50 retail
    Came in to recommend this. May not be niche, but i really don't consider any much better.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I rushed my previous post. Meant to say the Parfum, but I suppose the Cologne version is still good if you don't want to re-mortgage the house just to buy a fragrance.

Also adding Hugh Parsons Blue, though much fresher, spicier and less sweet
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci