Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday, 9th August, 2020

Layering Chanel Eau Premiere and DSH Sunny Yellow, hoping this will extend the life of the oil on my skin. The immediate effect is really bright and pretty, amplifying Eau Premiere's lemon up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Sunny, when I saw that pic with your dad on his land, I longed to step into the picture even more than when I see photos of BN meet-ups! I miss men like him in my sphere. Some day, when I'm on the desktop, I should share a fave photo of my dad and two of his brothers. I think you'll relate.
    I'd love to see that photo, Quarry! These men, these people, are a rare breed. My dad's love and dedication to his land is deep and abiding. He and all his siblings were born in the home he and my mom still live in; he turned 80 last year and the farm became a century farm this year. I'm not a farmer, but the time I've been able to spend this summer working with my dad on the upkeep of this land is something I will treasure for the rest of my life.

All the best to you and your surgeons tomorrow �� And congrats on 15 years, too
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 9th August 2020 at 09:20 PM.
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear

Creed Royal Mayfair

Royal Mayfair pic.jpg
    Currently wearing: Carven Homme by Carven

Happy birthday, RHM! Have a great smelling year!

Quarry, congratulations for your 15th! Have you started feeling rebellious urges in your perfumed life and nose preferences?
    Also - best luck at your appointment and surgery tomorrow, and quick healing time! I'll be thinking about you, too.

I was kayaking with friends during the weekend and wore citruses, and now I'm at home comfortably tucked in bed, smelling of Shalimar Souffle de Lumiere and a slight touch of Shalimar EDC, too. Mmm.

Happy Birthday, BRM85282!

Happy BN-iversary, Quarry and all the best for tomorrow!

I wore Grand Soir by MFK.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

SOTE is Galop by Hermes!
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Fantastic, Kewart!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Currently wearing: Iris de Nuit by Heeley

SOTE is Pour Un Homme

Hello and best to you all—

It has been a relaxing, but not unproductive, Sunday evening—I did a bit of housework, and need to do a little more before bedtime. I have whiled away the day, cleaning and otherwise, with The Mirror and the Light. Somehow, I missed its publication last March. I wonder if they’ll finish the TV series . . .

The day was hot, but also noticeably shorter, and there is, almost, a hint of fall, in the air. Vintage Arpege has an appropriate sepia tone. I’m going with vintage edt.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

SotE is Sous le vent.

Between two pine trees

I give your theory two enthusiastic thumbs-up, (((Quarry)))! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for a successful outcome. Your strength is a gift, and it couldn't have been bestowed on a more worthy recipient. Happy 15, Divine Mrs. Q!

Belated happy birthday wishes to Mr. Lark!

That's a wonderful photo, Sunnyfunny -- for you, showing so much personality and for your dad, so much happiness and pride. Being from an agricultural area, I understand what you mean about dedication to the land.

I spent the day with my family, who live about 1hr 20 minutes from me. My mom is in her 80s, and my sister has RA, so both are high-risk. I hadn't seen them since February, and with school still scheduled to start on Wednesday for the 13 y/o, it seemed like an OK time to take a chance and see them all. I also got to see my nephew, who will be 2 in November and is so stinking cute. He loves to laugh, and he's one of those kids for whom the phrase "dissolves into giggles" was coined. His laugh and big, brown, old-soul eyes are going to make him irresistible some day.

I've worn Carnal Flower all day, including using a travel size of the body butter as hand lotion. My goodness, I love Carnal Flower.

My sister made me bring home half of a strawberry rhubarb pie. You know what I'm doing next.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    SotE is Sous le vent.
    Fantastic stuff
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    That's a wonderful photo, Sunnyfunny -- for you, showing so much personality and for your dad, so much happiness and pride. Being from an agricultural area, I understand what you mean about dedication to the land.
    Ahhh thank you for noticing that! My mom looked at that photo and asked if he was choking on something. Freaking old marrieds, lol.

p.s. Didja finish the pie??
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear