Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 109
  1. #61

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It is nevertheless loved and appreciated by many as a nice scent
    We agree on that.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Has anyone actually sprayed their clothes with this one? I did 4-5 sprays and I was fine 6 would be louder not sure why the performance is so bad for so many clothing works like a charm with this fragrance, you won’t clear a room but will be noticed when around others.
    Yes that's spot on - sticks arounf in a nice bubble offa clothing - that my got to application for CPM EDT now, like 2:1 clothes:skin , gets eaten up on skin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It used to be called CPM Concentree.

    Now it’s the CPM EDP.

    I liked the Concentree better.


    But have any of you guys smelled Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017? It’s the reason I sold my bottle of CPM. To me, they basically accomplished the same thing but the Dior lasts almost twice as long.
    Ha CPM Concentree has a wierd "brick dust" note for me - still noce though - clasy and a bit rich.


    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Very nice, I didn’t even know of this website I guess hope for Pour Monsieur EDT is not lost after all I will be waiting and buying some when they lift the shipping pause. Is the shipping to the United States expensive, have you had good luck with this website?
    Selfridges should be good - premium / luxuxry goods/ type seller so I'm sure they're all over customer service like a rash

  3. #63

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    I actually found CPM pretty strong. Not STRONG strong, but strong enough to be noticed by myself and others while wearing it. I never thought of it as “delicate” or quiet at all, but more as a solid, present fragrance with mid-level projection.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  4. #64
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by beartown View Post
    I'd say it's completely different.

    EDT is pure ginger and not much more. I like it, but performance is close to none.
    EDP is ginger with noticeable citrus and lavender. I love it, but performance, while much better than EDT, is still poor.
    I appreciate your opinion my friend but I've owned and loved CPM EDT before and have tried it again recently. I know what it smells like and giner was and never would be anywhere on my consciousness as a note. It may or may not be listed but to me it's simply not there.
    If that's what you smell, then hey it's your nose and your opinion which I respect but must strongly disagree with.

    I've also tried the EDP version and whilst nice (still no ginger though!) it's a very different fragrance on the whole. some similarities on the initial opening perhaps but after that they go in very different directions to my nose. I prefer the EDT as it's fresher, less vanilla/cloying in the dry down and always remains Pour Monsieur rather than descending into a certain generic -ness, which sadly I feel the EDP does.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I appreciate your opinion my friend but I've owned and loved CPM EDT before and have tried it again recently. I know what it smells like and giner was and never would be anywhere on my consciousness as a note.
    If that's what you smell, then hey it's your nose and your opinion which i respect but must strongly disagree with.

    I've also tried the EDP version and whilst nice (still no ginger though!) it's a very different fragrance on the whole. some similarities on the initial opening perhaps but after that they go in very different directions to my nose. I prefer the EDT as it's fresher, less vanilla/cloying in the dry down and always remains Pour Monsieur rather than descending into a certain generic -ness.
    Then it's either different nose or different batch or dunno what else. If I'm wrong about the ginger in there, then most other sources describing this fragrance are wrong too, since most mention ginger quality. Weird how perception can differ.

    Is your bottle less than 1 year old?

  6. #66
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Not sure why Dior Eau Sauvage (in any of it's versions) keeps getting recommend despite my repeated and passionate dislike of it?
    Does it do something amazing as it settles that stops it smelling like an animals genitalia?
    Disclaimer:
    I am assuming that the aforementioned animals genitalia is skanky and have no personal experience of them up close...and personal!

  7. #67
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Does it do something amazing as it settles that stops it smelling like an animals genitalia?
    The said animal genitalia is what makes it smell amazing.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Not sure why Dior Eau Sauvage (in any of it's versions) keeps getting recommend despite my repeated and passionate dislike of it?
    Does it do something amazing as it settles that stops it smelling like an animals genitalia?
    Disclaimer:
    I am assuming that the aforementioned animals genitalia is skanky and have no personal experience of them up close...and personal!
    The difference is, nobody finds Sauvage's performance poor. At least I've never heard of one. Another difference is that I actually like Pour Monsieur EDT. We're talking about performance here.

  9. #69
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,952

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by beartown View Post
    The difference is, nobody finds Sauvage's performance poor. At least I've never heard of one. Another difference is that I actually like Pour Monsieur EDT. We're talking about performance here.
    You do realise you've misquoted the guy above? He wasn't referring to Sauvage, but Eau Sauvage. There is a huge difference between the two fragrances.

    Eau Sauvage: cult classic 1960s citrus scent which makes a hefty use of hedione (the first fragrance to do so if I'm not mistaken)
    Sauvage: ambrox-based smell with pepper and a synthetic bergamot. A love/hate fragrance first released in 2015.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Not sure why Dior Eau Sauvage (in any of it's versions) keeps getting recommend despite my repeated and passionate dislike of it?
    Does it do something amazing as it settles that stops it smelling like an animals genitalia?
    Disclaimer:
    I am assuming that the aforementioned animals genitalia is skanky and have no personal experience of them up close...and personal!
    I’m not recommending Eau Sauvage, I’m recommending the Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 version which is completely different.

    There’s nothing “skanky” in it at all. But if you’ve tried it and hate it, forget it then. I didn’t see you mention it anywhere in the thread for better or worse (though it’s possible I overlooked that).

    Okay, yeah I did. My bad.

    I never found it skanky though. Have you tried the 2017 Parfum?
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  11. #71

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    I'm late with this, but always thought Gianfranco Ferre for Man was like the 80s powerhouse grandchild of Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT. Strong but not sharp citrus, big classic cyphre base, civilized, not skanky.

    That said, agree with what has already been said about Chanel Pour Monsieur's longevity, too. When I last wore it, I sprayed about 5-6x under by shirt (so a little got on the cloth, most on skin) and could easily smell the base 8+ hours later.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  12. #72
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Sorry, each to their own but I don't want to smell like an animals naughty bits or anal gland, but that's just me of course ...thanks

  13. #73

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Sorry, each to their own but I don't want to smell like an animals naughty bits or anal gland, but that's just me of course ...thanks
    U picky boi

  14. #74
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I’m not recommending Eau Sauvage, I’m recommending the Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 version which is completely different.

    There’s nothing “skanky” in it at all. But if you’ve tried it and hate it, forget it then. I didn’t see you mention it anywhere in the thread for better or worse (though it’s possible I overlooked that).

    Okay, yeah I did. My bad.

    I never found it skanky though. Have you tried the 2017 Parfum?
    To be totally honest I've not tried the 2017 ES Parfum as I assumed it was just a darker, richer and potentially even more anal gland heavy version of the original?
    I am happy to be educated....

    Actually, I like the idea of ES, it's classic reputation, the lovely bottle, cap etc. is nice but I can't get past the harsh, bitter skanky-ness right from the get-go.
    I appreciate it's supposed to be a bright, zesty lemon/citrus thingy but I genuinely do not get any of that, just old school bitterness.
    Even if the dry-down was beautiful I'm not sure I could tolerate the opening and mid to get there?
    Perhaps, to be fair and subjective I should try it again and see if any magic happens or if I simply end up being chased down the street by a pack of randy rodents.....

  15. #75

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    To be totally honest I've not tried the 2017 ES Parfum as I assumed it was just a darker, richer and potentially even more anal gland heavy version of the original?
    I am happy to be educated....

    Actually, I like the idea of ES, it's classic reputation, the lovely bottle, cap etc. is nice but I can't get past the harsh, bitter skanky-ness right from the get-go.
    I appreciate it's supposed to be a bright, zesty lemon/citrus thingy but I genuinely do not get any of that, just old school bitterness.
    Even if the dry-down was beautiful I'm not sure I could tolerate the opening and mid to get there?
    Perhaps, to be fair and subjective I should try it again and see if any magic happens or if I simply end up being chased down the street by a pack of randy rodents.....
    Well, FWIW, I strongly dislike the regular Eau Sauvage EDT. So the 2017 Parfum’s gotta be fairly different, right?

    Maybe you could get some more opinions as to whether or not other people find the 2017 Parfum animalic or “skanky.” I personally don’t, and generally dislike skanky scents, but still...different noses...it’s always good to have a second or third opinion.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  16. #76

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Actually, I like the idea of ES, it's classic reputation, the lovely bottle, cap etc. is nice but I can't get past the harsh, bitter skanky-ness right from the get-go.
    I appreciate it's supposed to be a bright, zesty lemon/citrus thingy but I genuinely do not get any of that, just old school bitterness.
    I think there's a difference between old-school herbal mossy bitterness (can read as a "musty" feel to some) and animalic notes. Eau Sauvage has the former, and not the latter. It's sort of like herbs and citrus that are just starting to turn, as if left in the sun.

    I used to dislike that element of Eau Sauvage but have grown to like it immensely over the years. Regardless, I think I know what part of the scent you're talking about, even if I don't think has to do with any animal bits, and if you don't like it, that's cool. Many of Roudnitska's creations shared this feel...it makes them feel just a little off-kilter and bohemian compared to their buttoned up contemporaries like Monsieur Givenchy or Chanel Pour Monsieur.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  17. #77
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,952

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Actually, I like the idea of ES, it's classic reputation, the lovely bottle, cap etc. is nice but I can't get past the harsh, bitter skanky-ness right from the get-go.
    I appreciate it's supposed to be a bright, zesty lemon/citrus thingy but I genuinely do not get any of that, just old school bitterness.
    Even if the dry-down was beautiful I'm not sure I could tolerate the opening and mid to get there?
    Perhaps, to be fair and subjective I should try it again and see if any magic happens or if I simply end up being chased down the street by a pack of randy rodents.....
    Sloth, I should have suggested this before - seek out Eau Sauvage Extreme, the ES flanker released in 1982 that comes in the black bottle with a magnetic top. I think you will find it a lot smoother with more of the citrus amped up. In vintage form (non magnetic top), it was a superb citrus-aromatic scent.

    Links in Basenotes directory:
    - Original Extreme version
    - Modern Extreme version (magnetic cap)

  18. #78
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Well, FWIW, I strongly dislike the regular Eau Sauvage EDT. So the 2017 Parfum’s gotta be fairly different, right?

    Maybe you could get some more opinions as to whether or not other people find the 2017 Parfum animalic or “skanky.” I personally don’t, and generally dislike skanky scents, but still...different noses...it’s always good to have a second or third opinion.
    I've read a bit on the 2017 Parfum version and one comment claims the opening is a stronger version of the original EDT, which for me would be the kiss of death as I find the EDT bitter and harsh, whether it comes from herbal, mossy stuff or from a hairy animal arse.
    Perhaps, I will still try it for myself as opinions are just like animals arses, in that every animal (including large apes like us) has one and we all think ours is the only one that doesn't stink!
    On a more serious note though, wouldn't it be too deep and less fresh, especially on the opening, compared to say CPM or other citrus heavy frags?

  19. #79

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) smells nothing like the EdT. Not even close. It opens with pretty strong citrus note, and dries down to the most amazing and beautiful combination of vetiver and elemi. Absolutely nothing animalic or skanky about it, it just smells fresh, clean, and classy.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  20. #80
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) smells nothing like the EdT. Not even close. It opens with pretty strong citrus note, and dries down to the most amazing and beautiful combination of vetiver and elemi. Absolutely nothing animalic or skanky about it, it just smells fresh, clean, and classy.
    Hmmmm, now I'm interested.
    Must try this one...
    Mind you according to reviewers both ES EDT and ES Cologne were supposed to be bright and citrussy on top, especially the Cologne, but all I got from both was sour and bitter? Yes, even the Cologne did this.
    Is there something in the Dior ES make up that makes the citrus come across sour and very bitter to me? I don't usually have this issue with citrus i.e. CPM or many others?

  21. #81

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by beartown View Post
    Then it's either different nose or different batch or dunno what else. If I'm wrong about the ginger in there, then most other sources describing this fragrance are wrong too, since most mention ginger quality. Weird how perception can differ.
    Dude theres literally NO ginger in CPM Concentree. There is a LOT of cardamom, and a bit of nutmeg, but literally not a drop of ginger. Not as familiar with CPM EdT because I love the Concentree (l'm a woody oriental fan), but I can confidently state, after going through one full 75ml bottle and halfway through another, that it has 0 ginger. Show me ONE other "source" describing CPM concentree where they mention ginger at all.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  22. #82

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Hmmmm, now I'm interested.
    Must try this one...
    Mind you according to reviewers both ES EDT and ES Cologne were supposed to be bright and citrussy on top, especially the Cologne, but all I got from both was sour and bitter? Yes, even the Cologne did this.
    Is there something in the Dior ES make up that makes the citrus come across sour and very bitter to me? I don't usually have this issue with citrus i.e. CPM or many others?
    No. I had the Cologne also and it’s a much sharper type of citrus than in the 2017 Parfum, more along the lines of something you’d find in Dior Homme Cologne or something like that.

    The citrus in 2017 is bright and sparkling but the sharp edge is taken away because it’s heavily influenced by Elemi, which is a fresh piney/citrusy resin. Resins tend to have a sort of sweet quality (some more than others) and here there’s a little sweetness to the elemi (kind of like a pine-citrus-touch of amber sweetness) that seems to blunt any sharpness that could present itself. It’s not that bright, sour sort of citrus you get in the cologne. I mean resins are pretty much the opposite of sharp/sour, so when they’re present they tend to dull any sharpness that would otherwise be there.

    I thought ES Cologne was good, but I wouldn’t recommend it as a CPM alternative.


    Of course ES Parfum 2012 is a whole other beast, sone citrus, but more largely centered around myrrh. The myrrh is absolutely beautiful in this one—it’s an amazing fragrance—but more than likely NOT what you’re looking for.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  23. #83
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    I have a fool proof suggestion. Accept the performance of Chanel PM or don't. Any suggestions of one you think is similar, especially one as beloved here at BN as Chanel PM, seem to just turn into a sort of shit show.
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

  24. #84
    Super Member Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Up a tree in Blighty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ The Terrible View Post
    I have a fool proof suggestion. Accept the performance of Chanel PM or don't. Any suggestions of one you think is similar, especially one as beloved here at BN as Chanel PM, seem to just turn into a sort of shit show.
    Thanks, I appreciate where you're coming from.
    I know that at some point I need to decided but as I'm not aware of every fragrance available in this genre then asking on here seems a good way to ensure I've not missed a trick before deciding.

    I am getting very interested in Dior ES Parfum 2017 and also Boucheron Pour Homme (EDT or EDP though?)
    Both of which I was unaware of until this thread really.

  25. #85

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ The Terrible View Post
    I have a fool proof suggestion. Accept the performance of Chanel PM or don't. Any suggestions of one you think is similar, especially one as beloved here at BN as Chanel PM, seem to just turn into a sort of shit show.
    Sure.

    And if that fails there’s alway Initio Rehab, right?
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  26. #86
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Sure.

    And if that fails there’s alway Initio Rehab, right?
    Yes, even better yet an Initio Rehab enema. You should give it a whirl!
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

  27. #87

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ The Terrible View Post
    Yes, even better yet an Initio Rehab enema. You should give it a whirl!


    I liked that. Touché.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

  28. #88

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate where you're coming from.
    I know that at some point I need to decided but as I'm not aware of every fragrance available in this genre then asking on here seems a good way to ensure I've not missed a trick before deciding.

    I am getting very interested in Dior ES Parfum 2017 and also Boucheron Pour Homme (EDT or EDP though?)
    Both of which I was unaware of until this thread really.
    Clearly there is some note in EAU SAUVAGE that Sloth notes as nasty. I see cumin is noted in the Basenotes breakdown of notes. It may for Sloth that the note just leaps out to him more than most people. I know for me, most of the Czech & Speake scents are unwearable. When I wear No. 88, there is some horrific, foul, awful smelling note that periodically appears and I can't shake it.

    But to be honest, EAU SAUVAGE wears kind of lightly like POUR MONSIEUR and he wants something that wears more strongly anyway.

    EAU SAUVAGE parfum seems to be absent any of the usual "dirty" notes. But it is getting hard to find.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  29. #89

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    You would not want Eau Sauvage Parfum to wear any stronger! The stuff is one of the more nuclear performers I've ever tried.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  30. #90

    Default Re: Better performing alternative to Chanel PM EDT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I am getting very interested in Dior ES Parfum 2017 and also Boucheron Pour Homme (EDT or EDP though?)
    Both of which I was unaware of until this thread really.
    I don't know if this was the 2017 version, but the last Eau Sauvage Parfum I smelled was a massive, sweet, powdery, pillowy myrrh/vanilla/vetiver bomb. It has little to do with Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT...or Eau Sauvage EDT for that matter.

    Boucheron Pour Homme is a very good suggestion.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."




Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Better-performing alternative to Banana Republic Black Walnut?
    By SharptoothC in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd November 2018, 03:20 PM
  2. Cedrat Boise = Strongest performing aventus alternative?
    By emilking in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 18th February 2017, 02:52 AM
  3. Chanel Boy (cheaper) alternative.
    By Cevenol in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th November 2016, 03:01 AM
  4. Alternative to Chanel Mademoiselle
    By jcbach in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16th February 2016, 10:04 PM
  5. chanel coco mademoiselle-other alternative?
    By PerfumeGoddess in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4th January 2010, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000