Code of Conduct
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Default Re: Agar Aura - Official discussion thread

I agree.

I smell green mint + sandalwood + ginger + t tree oil.

Hi there,

Could anyone compare overall impression of Kinam Attar vs. Agar Attar?

Thanks in advance!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacollini View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance!
    Kinam Attar is approximation of Brunei Kinam scent whilst Agar Attar is universal, it’s an embodiment of Ouds from different oud producing regions.

Both are masterpieces and legends in their own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khmer Kinam (Kinam Attar v2), Java, and Al-Arabiya will be coming out soon; Taha posted some info on instagram about it - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKJ4Ie8Bk08/

So this Kinam Attar v2 is supposed to be a rendition of Cambodian Red Kinam... does anyone know what that's like? I wish I knew what to expect before committing to shelling out 'kinam money'.

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Khmer Kinam (Kinam Attar v2), Java, and Al-Arabiya will be coming out soon; Taha posted some info on instagram about it - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKJ4Ie8Bk08/

So this Kinam Attar v2 is supposed to be a rendition of Cambodian Red Kinam... does anyone know what that's like? I wish I knew what to expect before committing to shelling out 'kinam money'.
    I was hoping someone would make this post. Yeah what is that oud like and how might it be different from the first attar?

Sample sets and full bottle sets of the next extraits will be available Jan. 30. Individual bottles will be sold later.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by hosaynmujtaba View Post
    Kinam Attar is approximation of Brunei Kinam scent whilst Agar Attar is universal, it’s an embodiment of Ouds from different oud producing regions.

Both are masterpieces and legends in their own right.

I apologize if i sound rude, but you gave such a generalization that it didnt really provide answer to question.
    Agar attar smells like a sweet, strawberry toned moldy tree, that is very plush and cashmere like.

From what i got in his post, is that Khmer kinam will be like Kinam attar but a bit more dense and full bodied.
    How does Kinam attar smells like?
    Last edited by Mak-7; 26th January 2021 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacollini View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance!
    There’s some similarities, but Kinam Attar has more bitterness than Agar Attars sweetness to me.

Kinam Attar definitely has more high quality oud oils. I have quite a few of Taha's oils and would say KA is almost like having an Agar Aura Royal level oil in a 25mL bottle. It is a woody, bitter, powdery, incensed ultra high quality Oud with a medicinal camphor note in the top that’s so nice. Ultra high quality. Reminiscent of high quality Agarwood from Vietnam, Burma and Laos. Does it smell like Kinam exactly. Not exactly. Is it a close approximation—yes. One of the closest I’ve ever experienced. TRUE Kinam/Kyara has an indescribable scent. To me it smells like a sour, bitter, rooty, milky, minty bubblegum smell. Strange huh? I have burned some Shoyiedo Kyara around my daughter and she says it smells like the smell at the ocean? Kinam/Kyara remains a mystery.

Agar Attar leans more to the sweeter side of Oud. Sweet and not as bitter. More mass appealing. More like the universal smell of (genuine artisanal) Oud. Sweet like a Thai or Borneo Oud. Gourmand(ish) almost to me. Woodiness with a medicinal top note is the dominant theme in both, but Kinam Attar is a more accurate attempt to replicate of the “very hard to describe” smell of Kinam, and Agar Attar is a sweeter, general Oud smell.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
    Currently wearing: Agar Attar by Agar Aura

Quote Originally Posted by zeedubbya View Post
    There’s some similarities, but Kinam Attar has more bitterness than Agar Attars sweetness to me.

Kinam Attar definitely has more high quality oud oils. I have quite a few of Taha's oils and would say KA is almost like having an Agar Aura Royal level oil in a 25mL bottle. It is a woody, bitter, powdery, incensed ultra high quality Oud with a medicinal camphor note in the top that’s so nice. Ultra high quality. Reminiscent of high quality Agarwood from Vietnam, Burma and Laos. Does it smell like Kinam exactly. Not exactly. Is it a close approximation—yes. One of the closest I’ve ever experienced. TRUE Kinam/Kyara has an indescribable scent. To me it smells like a sour, bitter, rooty, milky, minty bubblegum smell. Strange huh? I have burned some Shoyiedo Kyara around my daughter and she says it smells like the smell at the ocean? Kinam/Kyara remains a mystery.

Agar Attar leans more to the sweeter side of Oud. Sweet and not as bitter. More mass appealing. More like the universal smell of (genuine artisanal) Oud. Sweet like a Thai or Borneo Oud. Gourmand(ish) almost to me. Woodiness with a medicinal top note is the dominant theme in both, but Kinam Attar is a more accurate attempt to replicate of the “very hard to describe” smell of Kinam, and Agar Attar is a sweeter, general Oud smell.

Thanks for those impressions, I’ve been hoping to get more comparisons and details regarding those two. Agar Attar is not quite for me, and still hoping to try Kinam Attar somehow. Plus, hopefully trying the new three soon too!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Sample sets and full bottle sets of the next extraits will be available Jan. 30. Individual bottles will be sold later.
    Thank you .
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Basenotes Member

Default Agar Aura - Official discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    I apologize if i sound rude, but you gave such a generalization that it didnt really provide answer to question.
    Agar attar smells like a sweet, strawberry toned moldy tree, that is very plush and cashmere like.

From what i got in his post, is that Khmer kinam will be like Kinam attar but a bit more dense and full bodied.
    How does Kinam attar smells like?
    Kinam Attar V1 - Imagine Condensed Milk with a deep note of ethereal pea or carrot (always smells different each time)then sweet but not so sweet with spices so ethereal and well balanced adding a touch of bitterness with smoke over smoke over smoke (clean oudy smoke) without any funk or barnyard like a high grade oud heated on a Kynam heater with right heat settings. This is my interpretation and it’s subjective. It can be something else all together to others. To sum it up, it is so beautiful yet so complex. Every wear has been surprise to me the way it develops over time is incredible.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Too many too fast.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Member

Default Agar Aura - Official discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by zeedubbya View Post

TRUE Kinam/Kyara has an indescribable scent.

I second this statement.

To truly understand Kinam/Kyara ones has to save a few thousand $$$, reserve a session with a Kodo master in Japan and come back enlightened with a knowledge of full spectrum and types however until then I am thankful to Taha to able to present them in extrait form and I can wear them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Too many too fast.
    Compared to Ensar, the rest are like tortoises 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    Compared to Ensar, the rest are like tortoises ��
    I am surprised that the three perfume sets have all been this close together, but yeah, Ensar has new stuff out every day it seems lol

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I am surprised that the three perfume sets have all been this close together, but yeah, Ensar has new stuff out every day it seems lol
    They all want part of our wallets while we can't spend normally on other activities. Seems like very little interest in AA this time around. Anyone going to buy a set when they are released? I haven't tried any of his products yet and passed last time to focus on ALD and EO. Might go for it this time...

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Too many too fast.
    Does it bother you guys that the descriptions for these new extraits seem to be copy pasted from the description of previously sold attars under the same name? The one for the Al-Arabiya extrait even has "I swipe my wrist." left in it... For me, this coupled with the very rapid output raises some questions as to how much care is put into making the old attars into sprayable perfumes. Even though I wasn't floored I found enjoyable aspects of both Al-Jazzab and Soryo no Kaori (didn't try the Kinam Attar) from the first collection, but the second collection was pretty flat to me. If you excuse the analogy, I felt that none of them covered all of the necessary frequencies, some lacked bass, some lacked mid and some lacked treble. A disclaimer though: I am by no means an oud-head, but I'm very familiar with modern oud-centered artisanal and natural perfumery (Areej, Bortnikoff, TRNP and the likes). Maybe people well-versed in the world of quality ouds get more enjoyment out of these, but given the price point, I expected a lot more than what I got from the second collection. Thoughts?
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    Does it bother you guys that the descriptions for these new extraits seem to be copy pasted from the description of previously sold attars under the same name? The one for the Al-Arabiya extrait even has "I swipe my wrist." left in it... For me, this coupled with the very rapid output raises some questions as to how much care is put into making the old attars into sprayable perfumes. Even though I wasn't floored I found enjoyable aspects of both Al-Jazzab and Soryo no Kaori (didn't try the Kinam Attar) from the first collection, but the second collection was pretty flat to me. If you excuse the analogy, I felt that none of them covered all of the necessary frequencies, some lacked bass, some lacked mid and some lacked treble. A disclaimer though: I am by no means an oud-head, but I'm very familiar with modern oud-centered artisanal and natural perfumery (Areej, Bortnikoff, TRNP and the likes). Maybe people well-versed in the world of quality ouds get more enjoyment out of these, but given the price point, I expected a lot more than what I got from the second collection. Thoughts?
    The last release fell flat for me as well. I am also not a highly distinguished nose with ouds so take that for what it's worth. I really like Kinam and Al-Jazzab, but the last round just wasn't for me. That combined with the rushed drops and the messed up way the release was handled last time, I'm not even getting samples this time, just not interested at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    I wish I could have sampled the first set, the second set didn’t quite work for me although I’d still possibly by a FB of Agar Parisien at some point.
    I’m debating on getting the samples this time, but who knows. I really want to smell the first Kinam Attar before I do anything else. Not blind buying any FB’s.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I wish I could have sampled the first set, the second set didn’t quite work for me although I’d still possibly by a FB of Agar Parisien at some point.
    I’m debating on getting the samples this time, but who knows. I really want to smell the first Kinam Attar before I do anything else. Not blind buying any FB’s.
    I’ve heard Khmer is REALLY Smokey. Like you gotta love smoke to wear it regularly. I was hoping for more of that Honey Nut Cheerios and less smoke so we’ll see. I feel like Kinam Attar was the way to go. Hopefully the next round will be closer to original.
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I’ve heard Khmer is REALLY Smokey. Like you gotta love smoke to wear it regularly. I was hoping for more of that Honey Nut Cheerios and less smoke so we’ll see. I feel like Kinam Attar was the way to go. Hopefully the next round will be closer to original.
    I hope so too, I think there’s a good amount of people who want to see what that original Kinam is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    The smoke is there but its not that overpowering for me.I might actually prefer it over Kinam v1 tbh.

Having spent a few days with the collection, i think they're all keepers.Can't wait to explore these further as there's a lot of stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    The smoke is there but its not that overpowering for me.I might actually prefer it over Kinam v1 tbh.

Having spent a few days with the collection, i think they're all keepers.Can't wait to explore these further as there's a lot of stuff going on.
    What do you think of Arabiya?

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    What do you think of Arabiya?
    Right up my alley.

Based on first impressions, it smells like a combination of Elixir attars Spirit of Arabia and Halawiyyat Sharqiyah.Very concentrated and powerful stuff yet it has Taha's signature minimalistic oud style running through it.

If you like your spice, bakhoor smoke and coffee scents, this one should be to your liking.

Basenotes Plus

I ordered the sampler. Looking forward to purchasing Khmer Kinam. I bought the OG Kinam Attar but had to sell it because of my financial situation. Things are a little better now so hopefully I'll be able to buy and keep Khmer. Unless one of the other releases blows me away, in which case I can save some money and not go for the most expensive bottle.

I really do miss that bottle of Kinam Attar.

Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    I ordered the sampler. Looking forward to purchasing Khmer Kinam. I bought the OG Kinam Attar but had to sell it because of my financial situation. Things are a little better now so hopefully I'll be able to buy and keep Khmer. Unless one of the other releases blows me away, in which case I can save some money and not go for the most expensive bottle.

I really do miss that bottle of Kinam Attar.
    Went ahead and got the sample set. Hope one stands out for me.

I emailed Taha a week ago to see if Myanma Gold would be released at the same time as the samples and Taha confirmed it would. But as far as I can tell it’s still not available to buy or sample. Does anyone else see it with choices to purchase? Is it just my browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I emailed Taha a week ago to see if Myanma Gold would be released at the same time as the samples and Taha confirmed it would. But as far as I can tell it’s still not available to buy or sample. Does anyone else see it with choices to purchase? Is it just my browser?
    It is available as 0.15g sample or 2.5g bottle. Maybe your browser? Try refreshing, sometimes i get taken to an older version with old oils shown.

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    It is available as 0.15g sample or 2.5g bottle. Maybe your browser? Try refreshing, sometimes i get taken to an older version with old oils shown.
    I just heard back from Taha that he didn’t get it up until I emailed to ask him about it. Haha. I’m stoked I was able to get some samples of everything this round.

And thanks Joe!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I just heard back from Taha that he didn’t get it up until I emailed to ask him about it. Haha. I’m stoked I was able to get some samples of everything this round.

And thanks Joe!

I just went in and blind bought Myanma Gold. Gotta love impulse buying.
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast