Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yes I agree; in the exact same way that Tupperware smells in nature.
    You must be referring to the new Eau de Plastique ?
    But seriously, i was wearing Virgin island water when i wrote that , and the lime note is very authentic.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

  2. #32
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    53,756

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Not my favorite scent from Diptyque, if you enjoy it after sampling it then sure.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  3. #33
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,762

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Not my favorite scent from Diptyque, if you enjoy it after sampling it then sure.
    This....+1. I didn't care for it at all when I sampled it.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  4. #34
    Dependent
    techt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    6,226

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    As a sandalwood fan, yes you should.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,665

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Owned the EDT, sold it. It's not bad but didn't do much for me.

  6. #36
    Sillage Monster
    Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    5,933

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Tam Dao is my gold standard for Woody scents. Whenever I fall in love with one I always ask myself, "Yeah, but would I reach for it instead of Tam Dao?" The answer is usually "no". I'm struggling right now whether or not to get Kerosene Wood Haven.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

  7. #37
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    45,198

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    I enjoy the EDP version much better. Congrats on your purchase.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  8. #38
    Dependent Francolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    7,636

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    No! To me it's boring!

  9. #39

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Thank you all for your kind replies .

    Just received it , i get the woods and the rose and a bit of spices in the background, I’m not totally sure i love it yet , but it seems like it’s going to grow on me. Smelling it next to royal oud makes it seem like a very great layering couple for when you want to smell serious.

    Fun encounter, when i got it from the post office i had my friend with me in the car , so i sprayed both me and him (first time smelling the fragrance) , and he said : “Oh man , i smell like a king” , so that definitely left a great first impression .
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

  10. #40
    Basenotes Plus
    tspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,594

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hsx View Post
    You must be referring to the new Eau de Plastique ?
    But seriously, i was wearing Virgin island water when i wrote that , and the lime note is very authentic.
    Your SOTD is currently Tam Dao EDT. How are you liking it? I own the EDP version. I find that as long as the juice that's primed to spray hasn't been sitting in the little hose too long, then it has a coconut-like effect to it. But if the juice was sitting in the primed-to-pump hose too long it smells like dry wood. There is obviously a blending of cedar-wood in the fragrance. So, it's not just Sandalwood, but Sandalwood is clearly at the center-stage of the fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

  11. #41

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Your SOTD is currently Tam Dao EDT. How are you liking it? I own the EDP version. I find that as long as the juice that's primed to spray hasn't been sitting in the little hose too long, then it has a coconut-like effect to it. But if the juice was sitting in the primed-to-pump hose too long it smells like dry wood. There is obviously a blending of cedar-wood in the fragrance. So, it's not just Sandalwood, but Sandalwood is clearly at the center-stage of the fragrance.
    This is my first wear , and I find it quite lovely , i agree that it has a creamy quality to it , been wearing it for a couple of hours and it seems that it has dried up a bit , still has a bit of creamy quality to it , the spices kind of died down (they weren’t strong to being with) , still has that dark rose going .
    Overall , seems like this is a great (little educated) blind buy , classy woody scent , and it seems like it’s going be a love
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

  12. #42
    Dependent deltasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hsx View Post
    This is my first wear , and I find it quite lovely , i agree that it has a creamy quality to it , been wearing it for a couple of hours and it seems that it has dried up a bit , still has a bit of creamy quality to it , the spices kind of died down (they weren’t strong to being with) , still has that dark rose going .
    Overall , seems like this is a great (little educated) blind buy , classy woody scent , and it seems like it’s going be a love
    Awesome! Glad it's working out for you.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal

  13. #43

    Default Re: Would you recommend Tam Dao?

    It is the weakest fragrance I have ever used. I just can't get it to produce and can barely smell it. I might smell a bit of it on a shirt the next day, but not while I am wearing it. At all.




Similar Threads

  1. recommend me please?
    By jackblack in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th September 2018, 04:54 AM
  2. What would YOU recommend?
    By billmagination in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20th June 2011, 04:16 PM
  3. Which of these do you recommend?
    By Sniffa in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18th April 2011, 02:09 AM
  4. Which one would you recommend and why?
    By Hulk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd April 2009, 01:21 AM
  5. Would you recommend
    By Alicka61 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10th December 2006, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000