Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, 13th August, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats to Ine on her upcoming 6K milestone

Going with Creed Millesime Imperial this evening
    Thanks I didn't even notice

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Jon, I too will be experiencing a severe heat spell beginning tomorrow that will last the next several days. Sadly we'll be experiencing temperatures of 35-37F!
    That really is horrible. Stay hydrated and stay safe.

Congratulations Ine

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Racer by Pacoma

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Oh no lemonlimelady, I am so sorry you cannot smell and hope that your sense of smell returns quickly!

Tokyomilk Dark Extreme, not really a summer scent but it fades to a lovely skin scent that is somehow appropriate in the heat.

Hello, and best to everyone, this afternoon,

Oh, lemonlimelady, I hope all is well. I have heard of, and also experienced, temporary loss of smell, once after a head injury (decades ago), and once or twice when I had something viral—the flu, and even food poisoning, have caused it. Also, I have heard of temporary loss of smell, after sinus procedures, sometimes because sometimes doctors have use longer-acting local anesthetics, or for other reasons. Sometimes, it seems, our systems need to readjust. I’m not a medical professional. I hope you get a helpful explanation from your doctor.

I woke up feeling like wearing something sunny and vintage, or near vintage. Boucheron for me, today.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

doomed smeller

Lemonlime, I hope your sense of smell recovers real soon!

Ine, congrats on the posting milestone! Easyfish, since you'll rollover soon, congrats to you as well!

Camel by Zoologist this afternoon.

I received an email back from the doctor, it's very hopeful-see below. I also blew out some more stuff and I caught the faintest whiff of perfume on myself. I almost cried. It's been a roller-coaster this morning. Thank you JON and Khanada and House, very kind of you and made me feel better, I was beside myself this morning. It's almost like a sense of balance is lost without the sense of smell. And I was looking at my lovely perfumes and imagining not ever smelling them again. Overly dramatic but if the surgeon had just told me this would happen, I wouldn't have gotten into such a tizzy.

While things are super congested and plugged up, sense of smell will be absent (and with it, sense of taste) as the swelling and congestion in the nose start to improve (this usually coincides with the congestion decreasing and the airflow improving), they will gradually improve.

Dr. K

Between two pine trees

((lemonlimelady)), I don't think you're being overly dramatic at all. The surgeon (and the recommending physician, possibly) should absolutely have informed you of that risk before you decided whether to have the surgery. Setting that aside, I'm glad you got some information that eased your worries and that you were able to get a bit of sniff this morning. I can well imagine nearly crying with relief. Hugs to you, keep up those positive thoughts, and take care of yourself so you don't push too hard on the smelling. Letting the swelling go down as the surgeon suggested seems like good advice. Hang in there.

Happy Birthday, ComDiva! What a lovely scent memory you've conjured up for your special day.

Hoping things are OK with Quarry.

I'm wearing MEM today, from my new bottle. Lordy, I love this.

So, it turns out they did NOT include another sample of War & Peace II, although I asked for it. What they gave me instead was a sample of Bogue's I Love YY, which he did for Scentbar's unfortunately-timed NYC boutique opening last October. Predictably, I love it. It's a HUGE ylang, all floral, vintage-y, and animalic. It's gorgeous. And it's on my wishlist. Dammit! One comes off, and another goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    ((lemonlimelady)), I don't think you're being overly dramatic at all. The surgeon (and the recommending physician, possibly) should absolutely have informed you of that risk before you decided whether to have the surgery. Setting that aside, I'm glad you got some information that eased your worries and that you were able to get a bit of sniff this morning. I can well imagine nearly crying with relief. Hugs to you, keep up those positive thoughts, and take care of yourself so you don't push too hard on the smelling. Letting the swelling go down as the surgeon suggested seems like good advice. Hang in there.

Happy Birthday, ComDiva! What a lovely scent memory you've conjured up for your special day.

Hoping things are OK with Quarry.

I'm wearing MEM today, from my new bottle. Lordy, I love this.

So, it turns out they did NOT include another sample of War & Peace II, although I asked for it. What they gave me instead was a sample of Bogue's I Love YY, which he did for Scentbar's unfortunately-timed NYC boutique opening last October. Predictably, I love it. It's a HUGE ylang, all floral, vintage-y, and animalic. It's gorgeous. And it's on my wishlist. Dammit! One comes off, and another goes on!
    Ahh thank you Extreme, I'm trying not to push it but it's hard! I can faintly smell the Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille I put on awhile ago and I am actually preferring this sedated intake of it than the full blast. And yes, I do agree, not telling me this effect and the fact that it's going to go on for weeks was a misstep.

Quarry, hope you come on today, you are on my mind as well for needing healing.

My bottle of Rouge Hermes came today so that’s my SOTD! I’ve been wanting this one for years and am happy to finally own it.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Hello, and best to all, this evening,

New goodies arrived in the mail! A backup of Eau Claire des Merveilles, and a new Ambre Russe. I am inside, in our cool, dark house, so Ambre Russe it is.

Happy Birthday to ComDiva

Congrats to easyfish and Ine on their posting milestones!!

I've been scentless for the last 2 days, it's too darn hot and I just haven't felt like it, think I've hit rock bottom!!! Here's praying I'll feel like it tomorrow!

Happy Birthday, Comdiva, & congrats to easyfish and Ine on your upcoming milestones!

I wore a combo of LPRN EDP and LPRN Black Perfecto EDP by Guerlain.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Eau Rose by Diptyque

Basenotes Plus

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my buddy ComDiva! I am sure your lovely husband and family treasure you so much - glad to see they spoiled you and made a fuss over your bday. ((bear hugs))

I wanted to smell roses today (this rarely happens) so I reached for this one, and layered with a bone dry sandalwood. Perfect!

Zemfira by Bortnikoff layered with Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by khanada View Post
    Hello, and best to all, this evening,

New goodies arrived in the mail! A backup of Eau Claire des Merveilles, and a new Ambre Russe. I am inside, in our cool, dark house, so Ambre Russe it is.
    A wonderful selection for the evening.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Honour Woman is my SOTE before bed. Wanting something clean and different for a change.
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot

amen 2 pic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A wonderful selection for the evening.
    Thank you! I love it ♥️

Wearing a dab of Jicky parfum to bed for the night

What the heck day is it?
    Whatever it is, I'm wearing Eau de Gucci Concentree. It is really nice.
    Currently wearing: K de Krizia by Krizia

notice the bendy horns

Habit Rouge L'Eau in small quantities.

/AC