Code of Conduct

Default Costco: Good Deal on Creed Flacons Right Now

Costco currently has 5 different Creed fragrances available in 8.4oz. flacons.

GIT, Himalaya, Royal Oud, Royal Water, and Original a Santal

They’re only $280. I don’t really pay attention to flacon prices but this seems like a pretty good deal, especially if you like GIT or Royal Oud, which are about $400 at Fragrancenet.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Costco: Good Deal on Creed Flacons Right Now

That does seem to be a good deal. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 2 (100%)

Those are outstanding prices! Too bad Costco Canada haven't followed suit...

Dependent

Good prices, thanks!

Dependent Feedback 1 (100%) Danny Mitchell's Avatar

DAMN! Too bad I'm out of money!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    DAMN! Too bad I'm out of money!
    I was considering a GIT flacon but reading some of the reviews...

It sounds like a risky endeavor. For one, the falcons aren’t really sealed (no cellophane, no true seal), so it’s not too hard to imagine someone buying them, extracting the juice and replacing it with something else, then returning it and it getting restocked. It also seems as if no concern at all goes into packing these things, and with their often loose stoppers all it takes is the package to get turned upside down once on it’s 2000 mile five day journey and you’re shit out of luck. So I would proceed with caution. I’ve ordered flacons twice in my life from fragrance-specific stores and they both spilled in transit, so you can imagine the risks of ordering from a supermarket mega store that specializes in selling 200 roll packs of Charmin and enough Flinstones vitamins to see your four-year old through college.

Once I hit a certain price threshold, say $175, my main concern becomes quality, authenticity, and customer service, so things like quantity and bang for your buck don’t hold as much weight.

But I still thought this was a good deal that might interest some people.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova

If only the UK arm of Costco knew what a good fragrance is... The best they can do here is a temporary perfume counter at Christmas that amounts to a single table, with every Burberry and Paco Rabanne bottle under the sun. Nothing worth even trying out and all at disgraceful prices for a cash & carry warehouse.

It's a shame really as for many other products, they are actually quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    If only the UK arm of Costco knew what a good fragrance is... The best they can do here is a temporary perfume counter at Christmas that amounts to a single table, with every Burberry and Paco Rabanne bottle under the sun. Nothing worth even trying out and all at disgraceful prices for a cash & carry warehouse.

It's a shame really as for many other products, they are actually quite good.
    Yeah but you guys get good stuff at TK MAXX or whatever the TJ MAXX/Marshall’s equivalent is. The stores near me are absolutely pitiful—Kanin Norwegian Wood and half used ripped open packages of retail priced Versace Eau Fraiche. It’s depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Yeah but you guys get good stuff at TK MAXX or whatever the TJ MAXX/Marshall’s equivalent is. The stores near me are absolutely pitiful—Kanin Norwegian Wood and half used ripped open packages of retail priced Versace Eau Fraiche. It’s depressing.
    I know there’s a whole thread here with TK Maxx bargains. But I’ve never been to a store and found anything worth writing home about. It’s mostly Britney Spears scents and the odd scented candle if anything. Clearly I’m going to the wrong stores.

I was considering a GIT flacon but reading some of the reviews...

It sounds like a risky endeavor. For one, the falcons aren’t really sealed (no cellophane, no true seal), so it’s not too hard to imagine someone buying them, extracting the juice and replacing it with something else, then returning it and it getting restocked. It also seems as if no concern at all goes into packing these things, and with their often loose stoppers all it takes is the package to get turned upside down once on it’s 2000 mile five day journey and you’re shit out of luck. So I would proceed with caution. I’ve ordered flacons twice in my life from fragrance-specific stores and they both spilled in transit, so you can imagine the risks of ordering from a supermarket mega store that specializes in selling 200 roll packs of Charmin and enough Flinstones vitamins to see your four-year old through college.

Once I hit a certain price threshold, say $175, my main concern becomes quality, authenticity, and customer service, so things like quantity and bang for your buck don’t hold as much weight.

But I still thought this was a good deal that might interest some people.
    I ordered a flacon of BDP last month and it arrived perfectly. Granted, it wasn't from Costco, but still. I'm really not sure if Costco has a reputation, good or bad, with shipping or quality control, but I would go for it if I had the resources!

Dependent Feedback 26 (100%) HFMIII's Avatar

I posted about these in the deals thread about 3 weeks ago. Most of them are long sold out. As of this writing the only remaining choices are Original Santal and Royal Water.

I did pick up an Original Vetiver flacon from them it's already at the house, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm not even a little bit worried about fake juice as Costco's return policy is golden.

On a previous order last year I order a 75 ML bottle of Aventus for Her from them it arrived late and the bottle was chipped / damaged on the bottom, although there was no leakage. I called them up they sent me another one immediately and I didn't have to return the damaged bottle. So I got two bottles for $149. I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    I posted about these in the deals thread about 3 weeks ago. Most of them are long sold out. As of this writing the only remaining choices are Original Santal and Royal Water.

I did pick up an Original Vetiver flacon from them it's already at the house, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm not even a little bit worried about fake juice as Costco's return policy is golden.

On a previous order last year I order a 75 ML bottle of Aventus for Her from them it arrived late and the bottle was chipped / damaged on the bottom, although there was no leakage. I called them up they sent me another one immediately and I didn't have to return the damaged bottle. So I got two bottles for $149. I was happy.
    Is that right? Ya know it doesn’t say ‘sold out’ next to the items when I’m just browsing the website. I hate when stores do that, and you don’t know until you actually try to add it to your cart.

You’re right, They have some good deals sometimes. Last year I bought a bottle of spice and wood for $139 as well as Sublime Vanille.

everyday i'm samplin'
    Feedback 28 (100%) notspendingamillion's Avatar

I like having the bottles to spray out of. I'd have to fill an atomizer, and that loses me. It seems like an awesome deal for splitters though!
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Oud Assam by Rania J

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I like having the bottles to spray out of. I'd have to fill an atomizer, and that loses me. It seems like an awesome deal for splitters though!
    Why does it lose you? Sure you have to put it into an atomizer but you're getting more than double the amount for less than half the price for a 3.3 or 4 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I feel ya man...

Call me petty, but I like the pretty bottle with the nice atomizer and find something satisfying about a solid, sealed, and self-contained bottle...that requires no work or additional purchases on my behalf.

I feel ya man...

Call me petty, but I like the pretty bottle with the nice atomizer and find something satisfying about a solid, sealed, and self-contained bottle...that requires no work or additional purchases on my behalf.
    I'm in the same camp. Obviously for years CREED in particular has been selling in flacons. But they have always scared me on a number of levels.

*If it's not from a reliable retailer, who knows what's in there.

*Those flacons look infinitely more breakable than almost any regular bottle. I'd venture 95% of us have dropped a bottle at some point and they rarely break.

*Those glass stoppers are very chic but I don't trust them at all. I don't trust that seal to keep my scent from evaporating.

* Lastly, it's just a massive amount of a pricey scent in one breakable container.

I think the overwhelming majority of people have had no issues with flacons and it's certainly the best cost per ml.

But I drop sh*t and I live in a earthquake zone.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

I have a fondness for the Creed flacons, but I cross my fingers each time I’ve got one in transit hoping they don’t leak or break. I’ve also briefly considered getting a Kilian cut crystal flacon of Straight to Heaven. That one costs about $700 for 250 ml. It’s on the far corner of the back burner for now, lol.