Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Love Eau Suavage EDT but it doesnt last, any flankers that give the same scent with more strength?

Was looking at Eau Suavage Extreme or Parfum 17. I have a splash sample of vintage extreme and it could be because the application but it seems just as fleeting as the original EDT. Anyway, any suggestions or is what I'm looking for best found with sticking with the original. Thanks.

Old school never tires.

Default Re: Love Eau Suavage EDT but it doesnt last, any flankers that give the same scent with more strengt

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017

Not identical but still good and lasts all day.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Love Eau Suavage EDT but it doesnt last, any flankers that give the same scent with more strengt

How many sprays do you apply?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    How many sprays do you apply?
    Last few times, 4 or 5

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Last few times, 4 or 5
    Try 10 sprays, that's what I would do.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Last few times, 4 or 5
    Do you apply an unscented moisturizing lotion to your skin prior to applying the fragrance? That might help.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I have the Parfum 17 and it is very strong, goes for over 8 hours. I think the EDT is stronger than a lot of folks say here. It just doesn't project as much as my Parfum.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I have the Parfum 17 and it is very strong, goes for over 8 hours. I think the EDT is stronger than a lot of folks say here. It just doesn't project as much as my Parfum.
    How does the smell of 17 and EDT compare?

The nature of a citrus aromatic is that it isn't going to last forever.

Admittedly I have not tried the EdP flankers (2012 & 2017). I have sought them and they are hard to find and/or pricey.

While everything I read seems to indicate they are very well regarded scents, they seem to stray a fair amount from the scent of the original EdT.
    The notes profiles are certainly different.

I'll let others with more direct experience shout me down or offer more insight into how close the perfume versions come to the actual scent of the EdT.

Everything I read seems to indicate they are tangentially related to EAU SAUVAGE EdT.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Use the original, but go with 25 sprays.

I had the same problem, and it was solved when I used 25-35 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

Wow freeweheeling! 25 sprays!
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Well, it certainly does work!

Old school never tires.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That’s an expensive wearing lol, what’s the point I’m a 3-8 sprays kinda guy anymore I’m not wearing that weak stuff.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Parfum 2017. It´s amazinggggggg

Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme and Eau Sauvage Parfum are two very different fragrances.

My preference would be for the Extreme, but people's tastes vary.

Seconding indeed Parfum and Extreme as very good options for improved performance and also adding (if still available) the Fraicheur Cuir flanker

How does the smell of 17 and EDT compare?
    In simplest of terms, it's just a bit darker. But it's not a dark scent. The original DNA is still there though.

Dependent

If you love Eau Sauvage then just get that. Wear a lot of sprays.

Try to get your hands on a bottle of Brooks Brothers New York Gentleman for Him Eau de Toilette. Very similar concept and effect, better lasting power.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Try to get your hands on a bottle of Brooks Brothers New York Gentleman for Him Eau de Toilette. Very similar concept and effect, better lasting power.
    You think BB New York Gentleman has better longevity than Eau Sauvage EDT?? I'm surprised to hear that. I have had quite the opposite experience with the times I've worn it.

You think BB New York Gentleman has better longevity than Eau Sauvage EDT?? I'm surprised to hear that. I have had quite the opposite experience with the times I've worn it.
    Can't comment on longevity, but certainly projects a bit better (while still being a 'soft' scent).

Can't comment on longevity, but certainly projects a bit better (while still being a 'soft' scent).
    This is mainly what I remember, so I’m kind of assuming the longevity is better as well. Suppose I could be wrong though.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    This is mainly what I remember, so I’m kind of assuming the longevity is better as well. Suppose I could be wrong though.
    I like BB NYG, but find both longevity and projection subpar. I'm glad you guys don't have that experience. I wanted to like it more than the results I got.

I like BB NYG, but find both longevity and projection subpar. I'm glad you guys don't have that experience. I wanted to like it more than the results I got.
    Which formulation/bottle design did you get? I'm familiar with this one -

Actually I got a 30 ml of this bottle from Buysblind sometime in 2015.

I had the more rectangular, taller bottle.

I had the more rectangular, taller bottle.
    Ah okay, I think that one came out later (this was discontinued around 2015, then re-released a couple of years later which I think is the one you're referring to, and it seems to have been discontinued again). I haven't tried it, so can't comment.

This guy's not messing around! lol
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal

I would vote for either 2017 or 2012 for a longer lasting experience. The dry down is where it's at with these parfums.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Kemi Tempest
    3. Jovoy Private Label
    4. Nishane Nefs
    5. Creed Bois du Portugal

Ah okay, I think that one came out later (this was discontinued around 2015, then re-released a couple of years later which I think is the one you're referring to, and it seems to have been discontinued again). I haven't tried it, so can't comment.
    Yep. The one is am referring is the one that constantly pops up at TJ Maxx and Marshall's all the time.