Code of Conduct

Default Looking to buy discontinued perfume. Ideas?

Iím searching for Mito Eau de Parfum and canít find it on eBay or Amazon or even a Google search. Was hoping someone might have other ideas about where to look, or if thereís a place where Basenote folks buy and sell on the site. Am new here and looking forward to learning more.

Default Re: Looking to buy discontinued perfume. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire5453 View Post
    Iím searching for Mito Eau de Parfum and canít find it on eBay or Amazon or even a Google search. Was hoping someone might have other ideas about where to look, or if thereís a place where Basenote folks buy and sell on the site. Am new here and looking forward to learning more.
    Oops just saw the basenotes marketplace. But would still love ideas on where else to look. Thank you.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Welcome, Sapphire. Fantastic to have you here. I do not know Mito Eau de Parfum. I've moved this thread to the vintage forum.

Iím not old, Iím vintage.

Try here:

https://www.fragranzedautore.it/vero...edp-50-ml.html

It does seem absurdly hard to come by for a fragrance from 2012.
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque

Thank you.

Thank you so much. I tried that lead but they are out too. Yes, for a relatively young fragrance I can’t seem to find it. Am also searching for Hiram Green’s Dilettante which went out this year and am having no luck. Ouch!

Well, in Vero Profumo’s case, the passing of Vero Kern with no one to carry the line onward seems to have transformed all her creations into unobtainium. Perhaps someone familiar with Mito can suggest a comparable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Well, in Vero Profumo’s case, the passing of Vero Kern with no one to carry the line onward seems to have transformed all her creations into unobtainium. Perhaps someone familiar with Mito can suggest a comparable alternative.
    Unobtainium, lol! Yes, it's a tragedy. Mito is amazing. I've never run across anything as deep, dense and green as that yet. Doesn't mean it isn't out there, but I haven't run across it. I guess the closest would be Slumberhouse Norne, but that's muskier, resinous and more piney to me. Mito is juicier and more deep jungle.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

do an ebay saved search. format it like this: mito (edp,parfum). that way it'll pick up "mito edp" OR "mito eau de parfum." they'll alert you if one gets posted. also try etsy.

At the very least check eBay and ETSY occasionally. Create a thread in the thread in the Fragrance Wanted forum, perhaps there's a small chance a BNer might have one to divest off.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    At the very least check eBay and ETSY occasionally. Create a thread in the thread in the Fragrance Wanted forum, perhaps there's a small chance a BNer might have one to divest off.
    Oh good idea. Sorry, I just saw this. Thank you.
    So many fragrances, so little time.

While the site ThePerfumedcourt.com is fairly competent on vintage and/or discontinued scent samples, do still not have a clue about their selection of these same scents in full sized bottles
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

I think it’s unobtainable! Thank you all!
    So many fragrances, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Well, in Vero Profumoís case, the passing of Vero Kern with no one to carry the line onward seems to have transformed all her creations into unobtainium. Perhaps someone familiar with Mito can suggest a comparable alternative.
    Don't know whether the OP would still be interested in suggestions but Cristalle - especially the original edt by Robert - might be worth a try. When I first smelled Mito, my immediate association was Cristalle. Mito is a superb fragrance and I'm miffed that Vero's line hasn't been taken on by anybody. Mito would, I believe, easily stand the test of time as a deliriously beautiful, invigorating, classic, warm Italian style green mossy perfume - which I actually prefer to the somewhat cooler, French style Cristalle (both edt and Polge's edp). Likewise, Vero Kern's Naja is everything I ever wished Caron's legendary Tabac Blond would be but wasn't.

Mito: bergamot, magnolia, jasmine, galbanum, hyacinth, cypress and moss
    Cristalle edt: Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Rosewood, hyacinth, Oakmoss, vetiver

I don't know if the OP is still looking, but Mito is back in stock here:

https://shop.campomarzio70.it/en/search?q=vero.profumo

I also did a search on eBay.de and found one. Whereas eBay.com shows no matches. A good example of why I always search on national eBay sites too.
    Spray less, love more.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    I also did a search on eBay.de and found one. Whereas eBay.com shows no matches. A good example of why I always search on national eBay sites too.
    Me, too. I believe eBay’s default international shipping service won’t send perfumes overseas, so the listings don’t show up on eBay.com. However, I’ve found sellers perfectly willing to ship from Europe to the US by going to EU sites. UK sellers generally don’t want to be bothered with working around the shipping restrictions.

Hadn't worn the edt in ages - I actually always preferred the Polge's edp (it's warmer, richer, be it less green). Comparing all three yesterday, I will say now that the edp, to my nose, is much closer to MITO in feel, than is the edt, which is just too...melon-y, watery.

On another note: fantastic to see Mito back in store, even if limited edition.