Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances spotted in books!

Well, I obviously got inspired by the thread "Fragrances spotted in movies!" as I read a book yesterday.

It was a book by the Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø, number 10 in order of the series of Harry Hole named Police. Told through the male perspective a man meets his mistress and got confused as she smelled exactly like his wife. The mistress mocked him as she had stolen the fragrance from a party in the man's house. The fragrance: Tom Ford - Black Orchid.

It was also mentioned that the man gifted her the fragrance from his travels in Paris and London as it was impossible to get it in Oslo.

Have you stumbled upon a fragrance in a book? I got one more book/fragrance in mind but I will keep that for later
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Default Re: Fragrances spotted in books!

This appears to be the most recent post on this topic so I'm going to follow up!

I just finished reading Piranesi, the new novella by Susanna Clarke, her follow up to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. A wonderful story that includes four mentions of perfumes not by name but by the notes. The main character recognizes the fragrance left behind by other characters.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    This appears to be the most recent post on this topic so I'm going to follow up!

I just finished reading Piranesi, the new novella by Susanna Clarke, her follow up to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. A wonderful story that includes four mentions of perfumes not by name but by the notes. The main character recognizes the fragrance left behind by other characters.
    Nice! A fellow reader

In the book I mentioned in the first post I think there was another mention by name: YSL - Opium. Not that common to see at least two fragrances mentioned by name in a book. Keep em coming!
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

just reading the new cormoran strike book "Troubled Blood" by J.K.Rowling. In it the female detective buys a bottle of 4711 eau de cologne to wear.

47111.jpg
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

The main character Vin in Brandon Sanderson's trilogy Mistborn is a huge fan of fragrances. At first she's a bit unsure about them when she has to start bathing in fragrant water and using perfumes when she, a thief and a rogue, has to pass as a noble woman, but she notices that she actually starts liking them more and more. Later in the books, she loves changing them up and getting new and new fragrance oils, dabbing them and then strutting proudly around her partner until he finally notices and compliments her new perfume. No names are mentioned because it's a fictional world, but Vin is a true Basenoter at heart!